Apr 11,2008

Our Visit to Wilmington for One Tree Hill Filming/Locations

Ok, this is going to be a very long post. I know most of you have seen pictures of all the filming locations and probably have been to a lot of them and even have been extras. So I apologize some of this is old hat to you guys, but for us, this was our first time, we’re excited and as always, we want to share it with other fans! So click below to read the whole thing! It’s very picture-heavy so give it some time to load.

IMG_4052 Unfortunately Heather and I could only go for one day. Heather has to work tomorrow morning so we left last night (Thursday 4-10-2008) and came back this evening (Friday). We didn’t get to the hotel until 11pm after we got lost a bit on the way to the hotel (Hampton Inn). We finally got settled in and found it to be a very nice hotel. Not quite as expensive as the Hilton and not downtown but we had a nice big room, free breakfast and free WIFI. Since this was a last minute trip we also had to share a King bed instead of our own since they had no more two bed rooms. Hey..we’re sisters, it’s ok. (“heading east” – left)

IMG_4064We were up before 7 and tried to get on the road as fast as we could. The filming was supposed to be 8-12 but it was already 8 by the time we left. And guess what? My car wouldn’t start! My battery was dead! We were shocked and had no idea what to do. Thankfully we found out they had a maintenance guy on staff with jumper cables. Whew! Anyway, we got to the cemetery (Bellview Cemetery) and they already had everything set up. We were anxious to see who was going to be in the scene since it listed 2 cast members and we know that Lucas and Peyton spend a lot of time visiting Keith and Peyton’s mom. We also figured there was a chance it was Dan. And lo and behold, after a few minutes we spotted Paul with a brown shirt and jeans on. (Hampton Inn Deluxe Room – right)

IMG_4083

(see him there in the middle-left of the picture)

IMG_4070

(you can see all the behind the scenes stuff. the table in the middle of the picture was the table with breakfast on it from what we could tell. i know, exciting stuff there)

So I don’t completely understand all “the rules” for what we can and can not post but just for the record, none of these were taken when they were actually filming. This next one is quite interesting though because you can see in the trees in the middle of the picture a crane holding a tombstone with the name Dan Scott on it. As we said earlier in our report, the scene was very simple and involved Dan standing at the end of a plot and watching his own tombstone being lowered. They did this several times. From what we could tell, he did not talk at all and didn’t really move either. Exciting stuff, huh??

IMG_4079

IMG_4084IMG_4085Well, it wasn’t the most exciting scene ever but it was cool to see what all went into just a few second worth of the show. It is really a lot of work and a lot of people that go into to making this show we love. I definitely came out with a lot more respect for the crew. By 10:00 they were all heading out though so it was short-lived. We didn’t get to speak to anyone as we were across the street trying to stay out of the way. I hate I forgot my Dad’s bigger lens or I could have gotten closer. But there wasn’t a whole lot going on and what you’re seeing in these pictures is basically all we saw. I’m still a little confused why it says 2 cast members because I personally didn’t see anyone else. We thought maybe we saw James but we didn’t see him filming anything if that was in fact him. There were 6 other fans watching the filming and if you guys are reading this, let us know if you have more info! (cool trees next to the cemetery – left and right.)

So we headed downtown to catch some of the festival action and then did our filming locations tour. So here we go with that….

Clothes Over Bros was the first place besides the cemetery we went. And, honestly, we were shocked. We really didn’t realize that it stayed set up this way. All the clothes and everything was still in place. They had some blankets thrown over the couches but besides that, it looked like a real store that was just closed.

IMG_4089

(on opposite corner with black awning)

IMG_4091

(front view – the front door has Karen’s Cafe painted on the front on a piece of wood)

IMG_4094

IMG_4095

IMG_4096

IMG_4097

IMG_4098

IMG_4099

IMG_4102

IMG_4103

Next we headed to see the gym and where they film a lot of the outside school scenes where they’re walking down that corridor. You’ll recognize it in a second. This is actually called the Schwartz Center and is sitting beside something that has a maintenance garage in it. The parking lot is all for faculty and staff. It pretty much looks nothing like it does on TV except the columns are very recognizable. I was surprised to see it seemed so much smaller than it does on TV.

IMG_4104

IMG_4105

IMG_4106

IMG_4107

IMG_4109

Next up was TRIC. This one was exciting for some reason. I wanted to go up and see if the whole club was up there and I assume it is. I’m sure if you’ve been an extra before you know where they film the club scenes…so fill me in! This one was a little surprising as well as TRIC is just part of a bigger building that is used for other business(es).

IMG_4116

IMG_4115

IMG_4118

IMG_4117

IMG_4119

Next up was the river court. Heather was pretty excited to see that. We had seen it from Water Street on the other side of the river but we took the time to go over to see it in person. Something sort of cool though is that when we pulled up, several of what we’re pretty sure was the crew members were there at the court. When I saw them, some of them had stacks of papers with them and they were headed back to their vans. You can see them driving off here. I thought it was a little strange that they would go there since I’m guessing they know what the place looks like but I guess some things are easier to plan in person. Who knows.

IMG_4122

IMG_4139

(view from the parking lot.)

IMG_4140

(walking up to it. The lights are in the middle of the picture. The basketball goals were not up)

IMG_4128

IMG_4123

(looking across the river into Downtown Wilmington)

IMG_4131

(this is the view we normally don’t see. this is actually just some concrete in the field next to the NC Battleship. much, much less glamorous than you think.)

IMG_4125

(view from standing on the court looking to the left down the river)’

IMG_4182

(this is taken from Downtown)

IMG_4183

(also taken from Downtown. You can see the big tree at the court in the middle of the picture and you can see the Battleship to the right there.)

OK, wow, this is getting long!! Next was Brooke’s house and the famous red door. People really live here and in fact, the pizza delivery guy came as soon as we took the picture.

IMG_4143

IMG_4144

OK, next is Nathan/Deb/Dan’s house. This house who has “real” owners was actually part of the Garden Tour for the NC Azalea Festival. You can see the girls dressed in their hoop skirts in the pictures. Someone please tell me their names (belles?) and the history on that if you know. We saw them all day all around the festival. Anyway, you could pay $20 a ticket to go tour the backyard gardens but this is really the only house we were interested in so we didn’t want to spend the money. Anyway, we got the front of it.

IMG_4150

IMG_4151

IMG_4152

Peyton’s house was next. Honestly, this house was a lot smaller than I imagined. And the grass patch in the front is smaller too. Did the bushes change or something? I’m pretty sure Brooke and Peyton fought in that front lawn and it just didn’t seem big enough to do it right there.

IMG_4153

Front of Peyton’s

IMG_4154

Side of Peyton’s

IMG_4155

(back of Peyton’s)

At this point we went to see Keith’s Body Shop but the camera flaked on me and I couldn’t get a picture. It looked like an absolutely normal body shop. Bigger building but smaller parking lot than I imagined.

Next was Karen and Lucas’s house. This house was WAY smaller and more rundown than I thought (don’t mean any disrespect to the family that lives there!!). Just saying it’s different than I thought. You can see Lucas’s bedroom door to the right side of the house.

IMG_4160

IMG_4158

IMG_4157

IMG_4156

(side of the house. that window would be Lucas’s room)

Next is the bridge from the opening. The bridge is actually downtown but a little hidden a few streets down. I imagined it out in the country somewhere but it’s right downtown with everything else.

IMG_4163

IMG_4164

IMG_4165

(just a cool picture i took on the bridge)

IMG_4167

And lastly we took some time to shop downtown. Glad we did too because we found CD Alley, Max’s record store, with the help of one of the vendors. It wasn’t listed on OTHFans.com’s map so I was happy to find that. It looked EXACTLY like it does on the show. That was the one filming location that I felt was the most authentic.

IMG_4179

IMG_4180

And lastly, here’s a general picture of Water and Market right downtown. CD Alley is a couple stores up the street there on the right. The boardwalk and river are right behind us.

IMG_4181

I’d like to give a big thanks to OTHFans.com and their filming locations map. We’d have been lost without that!! Like I mentioned, the only thing that I think may have been missing was the record store. Also, we kept driving around looking for the church from Lucas and Lindsey’s wedding but we never did. If anyone has that info, I’d be curious to know where it was to see if we might have seen it and not realized it. Oh, and we were curious about Nathan and Haley’s house from this season but didn’t see any info about that.

I really fell in love with Wilmington even on a such a short visit. Downtown is beautiful and very unique. I would love to be able to spend a few days just enjoying the city. I can see why many of them have houses there!

In closing, I’d just like to say if you EVER get a chance to do this, do it!! My advice is to plan on being there on a Saturday so you can do the studio tour which we did not get to do. I would also try to plan a day when they are filming (some good scenes where people are actually talking and there is more than one person LOL) and see if you can be an extra. I wish we could have seen or met one of the core cast members but it just didn’t happen.

If you have gotten this far, give yourself a pat on the back! Whew! I think blogging this took longer than the actual trip!

This entry was posted on Friday, April 11th, 2008 at 10:23 pm and is filed under One Tree Hill. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

101 Responses to “Our Visit to Wilmington for One Tree Hill Filming/Locations”

1. Comment by Lauren from Illinois in April 11, 2008 @ 10:42 pm

omg thank you soooo much, im pretty new to one tree hill as a fan, but Very dedicated, check this site 10 times a day, so all of these pictures and everything are awesome to me!!! I want to go sooo bad and probably never will have a chance to while they are still filming the show… if anything maybe next year sometime during filming!!! I really appreciate all of the effort you put into the blog about your trip!! Loooove the pictures!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

2. Comment by anna in April 12, 2008 @ 2:45 am

Thanks a lot!
    Wish I could be in Wilmington!

3. Comment by Romi in April 12, 2008 @ 6:41 am

Thank you very much!!!
    I’m Italian and I think your blog is wonderful!!!

4. Comment by daniel in April 12, 2008 @ 7:18 am

thank u thank u thank u soooo much i reeely want 2 go 2 wilmington and this reely helped me c wer the places are

5. Comment by Betty in April 12, 2008 @ 9:20 am

So you said there are people that actually live in the houses they film right? But do they film inside the houses or do they have a set for the rooms? Do they just film the outside of the house? What is the deal with this? Please explain it to me.

6. Comment by Amy in April 12, 2008 @ 9:41 am

Yes, people live in the houses. They obviously do lots of shots from the exterior and I believe they would have to do some filming inside the houses as well since it is obvious they walk in from the front door. I’m not really sure how that works since people live in the house…do they put them up in a hotel during the filming?? I’m pretty sure places like Lucas’s room and Peyton’s room are in the studio.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong!!

7. Comment by Heather W in April 12, 2008 @ 9:44 am

Amy will probably have to answer this because I have NO IDEA. I know we both questioned this as well. I would think that they would have sets made up but I’m sure they do some shots with them walking in or whatever. I would think that the scenes like where Nathan has the party at this house would be filmed at the actual house but I’m not positive. I would assume the homeowners get compensated generously for their disturbance. Everyone there seemed to work around the show quite seamlessly. I still am not sure how I feel about them filming in a real cemetery. I don’t think I could have my loved one buried somewhere where they do filming. It’s just weird.

8. Comment by Mallory in April 12, 2008 @ 10:19 am

heyy!! omg i am a huge fan of One Tree Hill and check this time more than daily lol! You guys are sooo luckyy, I would love to go there!! Thanks so much for putting up all the pics =]]] I am planning on going to Wilmington over the summer. I have one question though…you recommended going on a Saturday because of a studio tour? Is that a studio tour for One Tree Hill Studio? and how do you get to do that? like where do you have to go?

9. Comment by Amy in April 12, 2008 @ 10:25 am

Go visit the site http://www.screengemsstudios.com/ and click on Tours. It will give you all the information about the tours.

10. Comment by Lauren from Illinois in April 12, 2008 @ 11:02 am

SO I don’t know if these youtube clips will work, but I will try, because they are interviews with Mark Schwaan on set in Peyton and Lucas’s room and he talks a little bit about when they interview at the actual house or in the studio.
    Lucas’s Room – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3zKy1wU6AY&feature=related

Peytons Room – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7-MJIo3jo&feature=related

If they dont come up as links, just copy and paste, hope this helps a little bit at least!

11. Comment by NC in April 12, 2008 @ 11:32 am

That is so cool! I really enjoyed reading the blog, thanks so much for taking the time to put it together for those of us who have never been to Wilmington! It looks like a really cute place. I hope to visit one day as well. How exciting for you guys!!! I especially loved the pictures of the River court and all the houses. Awesome!!!

12. Comment by Mallory in April 12, 2008 @ 11:53 am

thank you soo much!

13. Comment by Erin in April 12, 2008 @ 12:32 pm

Thanks for the pictures! It was cool to see. Betty, you should check out http://www.othpodcast.com if you watch through some of the videos they show when you get onto the site, they have a tour of the set. They show Lucas and Peyton’s room and Dan’s office as mayor. It is really cool.

14. Comment by David Bentley in April 12, 2008 @ 10:54 pm

I live in Wilmington, NC and see all these sites on pretty much a daily basis. Sort of cool seeing stuff I go by everyday.

15. Comment by Christyanne in April 13, 2008 @ 8:51 am

WOW! Is all I have to say! Well & Thank you! Hubby & I were intending of going now at the end of the month to visit & go to the Basketball game, but like many- wont go b/c of the quick sell out. But I have always wanted to go to Wilmington, so I will hopefully go soon. Thank you for all the info you give & for this wonderful page you made. PLS keep in touch & keep us posted with filming info! :)

16. Comment by OTH FAN FROM THE START in June 9, 2008 @ 11:39 pm

I was wondering how u know when they r filming? I have vacation in september & that would be a great trip!

17. Comment by Brittney in June 9, 2008 @ 11:48 pm

Until someone just commented on it today, I had NO clue this was even on here! These pictures are awesome…and its so weird that people live in those houses (but thats to be expected I suppose since they film on sight!) Does anyone live in Peytons House or Lucas/Karens house?

I’d love to visit too during the summer, it’d be such a great trip…but it’d be quite a long drive from Wisconsin haha.

18. Comment by Leyton=TLA in June 10, 2008 @ 2:45 am

just realised from these pics…
    Luke’s bedroom window (looking at it from the outside) should technically be above his bed…not to the side of his bed like it is in the show!

19. Pingback by Ten Days of Twenties - 29th Year | P2P in July 17, 2008 @ 1:02 am

[…] can read all the details here and I’ll spare you since it just happened a few months ago.  But I can just say that it was […]

20. Comment by jennifer in August 15, 2008 @ 7:40 pm

I took the tour of tree hill studio last aug and it was way cool. they showed us inside nathan and haleys house and karen and lucas’s newly updated kitchen. It was awesome. I saw karens cafe but it didn’t say CB then. Can you tell me the streets on where you went to all those places, bc i couldn’t find most of them. I’d appreciate it. Email is [email protected]

21. Comment by tinky in August 17, 2008 @ 5:41 pm

OMG… havent read everything jet, I was to excited to see the pictures.. :O and Im .. uf… no words..

thanks u so much for giving the map , and the locations of all the places.. I cant wait to go in wilmington .. going to read right now in what hotel u were in …
    :) this is awesome !! makes me happy when I see the real pics, of place..

22. Comment by tinky in August 17, 2008 @ 5:59 pm

okey me again .. read the hole page.. :)
    So there is no karens cafe anymore , now Its c/b
    to bad , I wanted to seat and have coffie in here cafe .. ;)
    but once again , thanks for the map , and for instractons, explanations , pictures.. cant wait to go to wilmington , even If I am afraid of flying .. :( but the wish is bigger then fear ..

23. Comment by Kaylee J. in September 29, 2008 @ 3:14 pm

hey! i love your blog! i plan on doing the same thing later this year. I was going to go sometime before March cuz i read online somewhere that they will be filming season 6 until then. I was hoping to catch them filming a scene or two while im in town. I was just wondering how you knew about Paul Johannson’s filming at the cemetery when you were in town? do they post that somewhere? thanks a lot!

24. Comment by Amy in September 29, 2008 @ 3:22 pm

No, they don’t post the info. I think we heard from someone that lives down there that was out and about. Usually we don’t hear until the day of or if someone who is going to be an extra gives out the info.

25. Comment by katie in October 10, 2008 @ 3:39 am

So my friend and i are planninga trip to wilmington. we want to go when we know we will have a chance of seeing them filming. does anything know how to find out their filming schedule or whatever? to know when a good time to go is?

26. Comment by Mellissa - a.k.a LucasandPeyton1137 in November 14, 2008 @ 6:50 pm

The Church from Lucas and Lindsay wedding is

Grace United Methodist Church
    401 Grace St
    Wilmington, NC 28401
    (910) 763-5197

27. Comment by Andrew in January 19, 2009 @ 1:55 am

My sister lives across from the house used for Lucas’s house… I don’t watch the show but from what I’ve gathered … all of the indoor stuff is done on a set… and they only use the house for exterior shots… Also… from what I’ve noted from visiting my sister a number of times … that house does not have any tenants living in it.

28. Comment by Emma in January 22, 2009 @ 1:51 pm

Thanks! :)

Too bad I’m from Sweden, it really sucks! I hope I can go to Wilmington sometime in the future though! (Nooo, I just figured out that they probabley havn’t filmed for years then.. Gosh, I’m sad!) :<

29. Comment by Dick in March 8, 2009 @ 1:01 pm

I don’t watch the show, but I live in Wilmington and I’ve seen a few scenes that I recognize when my girl points them out.

To answer one of the questions; I believe one of the bars they use in the show is ‘City Limits Saloon’ on Front Street, downtown.

30. Comment by Melanie in March 9, 2009 @ 10:26 am

I’m making a trip to Wilmington this weekend, and while I know they will be filming, I was wondering how you knew what the exact schedule was (how did you know they were filming that day from 8-12 and that there would be such and such a number of cast there?)?

31. Comment by Amy in March 9, 2009 @ 2:12 pm

Most likely the crew told some fans. I don’t know if they’ll be filming this weekend or not. I’ll be there too so I hope someone finds out!

32. Comment by Marianne in April 3, 2009 @ 8:14 pm

How long did it take to visit all locations? We have a trip planned and I was just trying to set it all up! let me know ASAP pleeeeassssseee!!!!

33. Comment by Amanda Kauffman in April 20, 2009 @ 11:13 am

heyy, im planning on going to wilmington. Im a huge one tree hill fan, and i was wondering if you could send me some information about going to see one tree hill there.
    thanks.

34. Comment by Rebecca in May 18, 2009 @ 5:10 pm

this is amazing, i really want to get down to wilmington to see the locations this summer, i think it’d be a great trip

35. Comment by Stu in June 5, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

Firstly, great blog – once I’ve watched the final 5 eps of season 6, i will defs be RSS-ing you and checking your other stuff out…i don’t wanna stumble across any spoilers ’til then :]

A couple of years ago I went to Wilmington when Dawson’s Creek was just finishing and OTH was just starting – glad I went to record store too, as I actually met Busy Phillips who played Audrey, which was amazing.

I’m stuck in England, currently got a real itch to head back to Wilmington; it’s a place that REALLY gets under your skin if you’re a fan of either show. This is the closest I’m gonna get to going back for a while, so thank you so much for that!

Stu

36. Comment by Lacey in June 9, 2009 @ 10:10 pm

Hi!!! I love how you guys had a chance to go visit all the sites!!! I’ve been a fan since day one!! and am so excited they are going to be around for another season!!! I’m actually going down to NC to visit my boyfriend who is in the marines and we are DEF. going to go around to the sites!!! How do you find out when the cast is shooting?!! b/c that would be amazing to catch something like that! If you could let me know i’d appreciate it! thanks!

37. Comment by Nicole in July 9, 2009 @ 11:18 am

Hey I’m actually going up to Wilmington this summer early august and I wouldd loveeeeeeee to see the cast filming… I would love to know how to try and see that =] any tips or links or numbers?

38. Comment by Kylie Piper in July 17, 2009 @ 1:07 am

The church for lucas and lindsey’s wedding is Grace United Methodist and it’s located at 401 Grace St. The new pastor there used to be the pastor at my church in Wilson, NC. It really is a beautiful church!

39. Comment by connie in July 19, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

Hey I LOVE your pictures!! My twin sister and I are planning on going there August 22nd and make a day out of it! :) I really hope they are filming that day!
    You mentioned on Saturdays they have a studio tour. What’s that? I would like to know more info on that and if they still do it since we will be there on a Saturday, also about the extras. :)
    Please be sure to answer either on here on by email- [email protected]

:) THANX

40. Comment by Kellie McDonald in July 30, 2009 @ 3:55 pm

What are the addresses for these sights, i’d love to take a visit?

41. Comment by connie in July 30, 2009 @ 4:07 pm

nevermind I found my answers of what i needed to know.
    Just one more question- For those of you who went to the studio tour, are you allowed to take pictures?

42. Comment by Leah in August 6, 2009 @ 11:04 pm

Hey everyone, I come on vacation every year near wilmington and recently became a fan. I’m planning on going to visit a lot of these places tomorrow and just wanted to thank everyone for all the info!!

also, i know the person whose home they use as dan’s house, aka the beach house. and they do filming inside as well as outside of the home. the crew brings in the props and things that they need to and re-arrange the part of the home to the specifications that they have and the family is many times there. they filmed dan’s heart attack scene right there in the family’s kitchen. thought some of you might find that interesting

43. Comment by some guy that used to live there in September 25, 2009 @ 12:51 am

I used to live in CB and work in downtown Wilmington. Paul Johansson & Moira Kelly used to come into my store on almost a daily basis. Seems we had one of the best sandwiches around (then why did we close?). Anyway, I was just up there recently and noticed that Lucas’ house over on Wrightsville Ave. is up for sale (if anyone’s interested 2B/2b for $230,000). Also, if you want to maybe possibly run into one of the cast, hang out @ Starbucks and Pita Delite on College Rd. A lot of the cast used to frequent those two businesses. We’ve seen Chad, Lee, James, Hilarie, Paul, & Bethany there more than a few times and Pita Delite has some awesome food.

44. Comment by Sunny_lady003 in November 2, 2009 @ 4:16 pm

WOw. I recently moved to Wilmington, and I would like to say that it feels like I am in a movie set. This place is magical! <3

45. Comment by Tasha in November 5, 2009 @ 6:14 pm

Hey everyone, I just moved to camp lejeune, my Husband is in the Marines and were about 45mins from Wilmington. wondering if anyone could send me a link or some info on how to find out when their shooting and where their shooting? I tried googling and Im jus not finding anything about upcoming stuff, where do y’all get your info? lol I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

p.s. Anyone who lives here or is coming to visit in the next few days. If you google “OTH filming extras 2009″ they are seeing people tomorrow and monday from 10AM-4PM at screen gem studios for extras :-)

46. Comment by Vincent in November 11, 2009 @ 11:05 am

Hey everybody!
    I am looking for travel information in Wilmington to spend one week to visit OTH place and atmosphere… Is it possible for you to help me organizing it… I am really fan of this serie… (and Danwson’s creek too)
    I just need advices to choose closest hostels/hotel, if I need a car or other things like this….

I will just ask you to answer me without abreviations as I am French and I may have problems to understand them !!! ;-)

Hope to receive news from all of you… I’m planning the trip in May 2010 !!
    Merci Beaucoup !
    Vincent

47. Comment by some guy that used to live there in November 14, 2009 @ 1:28 pm

Vincent-If you have the money, stay at the Hilton in Downtown Wilmington. If not, stay at one of the many hotel/motels along Market St. Get a map of Wilmington and study it’s main roads to keep from getting lost. Make sure you get down to Carolina Beach/Kure Beach & Wrightsville Beach, they are too beautiful to miss.

Tanya-Unless something has changed, they don’t release info about filming locations/times any more than a few days notice about when/where they are going to film and only then to the businesses that “could” be affected by the filming. Believe it or not, they don’t really want or like the crowd of onlookers hanging out while they are filming. Unless you know someone on the cast/crew or someone who works at one of the aforementioned businesses, it’s unlikely that you will get reliable information about locations/times.

To all-Last I remember seeing…Fincannon & Associates handles all casting for the show. Website here

There is a blog connected to this site made for the OTH extras to get updates that you might get some info on when & where they are shooting. Good luck & enjoy!

48. Comment by Amanda in November 18, 2009 @ 1:23 am

Hi heather and/or amy-
    I was just wondering whenever you had time if you could email me the where each place is located (including max’s store) and also what hotel you stayed at (or is closest)? And I know a ton of people have asked this, but how does anyone ever know WHEN one tree hill is shooting scences and WHERE? Thanks so much in advance! [email protected]

49. Comment by Amanda in November 18, 2009 @ 1:48 am

Oh! I also wanted to ask what airport is the correct one/closest to hotel etc? Thanks soo soo much!

50. Comment by fla in November 20, 2009 @ 6:06 pm

hello!!!!! i can’t believe it! it’s great! i’m planning to go next year, i’m really exited! as you have more experience i want to ask you if i would be able to visit all during 3 days. because that are the days i ‘m going to stay in wilmington. please answer to me to [email protected]!!!!! thank you for the information!

51. Comment by honey in December 29, 2009 @ 7:56 pm

Thank you so much for these pics! I’m a huge fan of OTH, but it’s gonna take a while before I get to go and see all those places, because I live in Finland. But I know that someday I will go and see that all!

52. Comment by Jason in January 4, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

Where did you find the addresses for these locations? Please respond thanks.

53. Comment by honey in January 7, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

You can find the addresses for the locations in that web site.

54. Comment by Suziey Que in February 10, 2010 @ 6:11 pm

Hey if you get to go again, go on a Friday or Saturday night and go to Blue Post Billards. It’s off Water street but up in an alley. Some of the cast usually hang out there. Or you can check some other bars downtown. That would be your best chance to run into them.

55. Comment by Jaime in February 23, 2010 @ 12:50 pm

My family and I just came back from Wilmington. We were there for4 days and it was amazing!! We were able to see all the places you posted and then some! We were also able to meet 6 members of the cast at a local walmart!! We plan on going back again real soon!! If you havent been there before it is a must see place to visit!!

56. Comment by Devin in March 4, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

Hi. I am making the trip to Wilmington next week and am trying to map out directions to all of the tourists sites and I wanted to know if you could tell me the addresses of these locations it or tell me where you found all of them? I am having some trouble so if you could help me that would be amazing! Thanks! – devin

57. Comment by Sylvana Amer in March 12, 2010 @ 1:49 pm

Where they actually shooting anything did u like see any of the stars ?

58. Comment by Sylvana Amer in March 12, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

*were

59. Comment by anthony in August 6, 2010 @ 11:50 am

I love one tree hill I am french

60. Comment by Kari in October 10, 2010 @ 4:40 am

You can actually take a tour of the sets they use. They do the tours on Saturday and Sunday at 12 noon and 2 pm at Screen Gems Studios in Wilmington. Most of the inside shots especially of houses are done on the set and not in the actual houses so you get to see the inside of the characters houses on the set and you get to walk through them and stand in the actual rooms where they film. When I was there about a month ago and went to the tour I got to see Nathan and Haleys house and walk through it, they actually have a pool behind it so the backyard scenes with the pool are filmed on set even though it looks like it is filmed outside somewhere. They have the backyard set up in the studio exactly like it is on the show, but it looks much smaller. They said it was getting really hard to travel back and forth to films scenes in Nathan and Haleys backyard so they just built it there to use. I also walked through Brookes beach house, Peytons recording studio Red Bedroom Records and caught a glimpse of the set for Lucas’s house. I dont think the tour changes very often at all so if you went within the next year or so you would proabably see the same things I did. It was very cool to stand where the actors stand while they film and also to learn a few cool things about how they make the sets seem like real home. I would recommed the Screen Gems tour to anyone who is a huge fan!!! I also went to all the places in and around Wilmington that they used. The road beside Orton Plantation where they filmed Weddings and stuff is gorgeous and its not hard to find the spot where Peytons car broke down. The Plantation is currently closed for renovations so you cant go see the places they filmed the wedding scenes and used for Andys yard either which was kind of disappointing. I would have liked to have seen Orton anyway just because it was so pretty. Airlie gardens where they filmed Nathan and haleys wedding is part of Orton so it is also closed. Hope this helps some!

61. Comment by Kari in October 10, 2010 @ 4:43 am

Also if you go to this forum and go to the first page of it there is a GREAT list of places with addresses you can go that have been used for filming….and the places are very very easy to find if you have a GPS and I went to all of these places on the forum and all the addresses are accurate. Hope this helps!

62. Comment by Lyndsay in November 2, 2010 @ 10:12 pm

Hey I dont know if you are still on here but I am trying to organise a trip to Wilmington and would love to get in touch with you to talk about your experience of the One Tree Hill places. I hope you get this. Please reply.

63. Comment by Kari in November 3, 2010 @ 2:57 am

Lyndsay,
    I am still on here if you would like to ask me some questions about Wilmington and OTH places. I’ve been about 8 times, my husband and I vacation there at least once a year, and I always make him go with me to see OTH places! If you want to talk or have any questions I can answer I would be more than happy to help! I love going and seeing the places myself so I would love to help you get the most out of your trip! You can email me personally instead of using this thread just because it will be easier to just email back and forth than to use this page and post a new thread everytime. My email is [email protected].

64. Comment by Ashley Putnam in December 11, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

Hi, thanks sooo much for posting this, i am going for my 21st birthday as im a die hard OTH fan lol. I can tell this is a small town, but how do you find the locations of the places? Is there addresses listed somewhere or do you just drive around looking. Thanks, Ashley

65. Comment by Brian in December 12, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

Hi, I am hoping to take my wife on our honeymoon she wants to go to new york for a few days and I would love to organise a trip for a few days to the area of one tree hill> I made her wait nearly a year for this honeymoon I want to totally surprise with this. So for anyone that can spare a few minutes to help . we are travelling from Ireland and fly directly to new york. Now I am not the best at geography but how or where do I go from there. I want to get her the tour and if I could oganise here to visit the sets etc. .if you can help that would be great, [email protected]

66. Comment by Kari in December 14, 2010 @ 1:27 am

Ashley,
    I have a list of tons of places with addresses. It is a small town but there are some places that you have to drive a little bit to see and a few of the locations are in Wrightsville and Carolina Beaches which are towns right outside Wilmington. Wrightsville is about a 10 minute drive and Carolina Beach takes about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic and stuff. If you want to email me with any more questions you can. My email is [email protected] and I can also give you a list of places and some tips for once you get down there.

67. Comment by petter jamtøy heggvik in December 16, 2010 @ 12:46 pm

Hi, this is so awesome. i was just wonder if its possible/allowed to play basketball on the rivercourt, or in the “gym” ?

68. Comment by Katt in December 20, 2010 @ 1:45 pm

Hi all, read almost all of the comments, there are so many! My husband and I are avid OTH-ers, and are planning a trip for our one year anniversary/honeymoon/valentines day this Feb 2011. Does anyone know when ( or where I can find) OTH filming schedules/days/locations? We will be there for a whole week. I have found the screen gems studio I think its called….but doesnt say much. I have several of the locations mapped, but have nothing on filming dates and such. Any help about the area, hotels, filming, and so on would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. You can email me, [email protected] for all responses. Thanks!!!!

69. Comment by Kari in January 6, 2011 @ 1:52 am

You can play basketball at the River Court!! It is a public park and every time I have been there it has been pretty empty so I dont think you would have any trouble getting a game in while you were there!

70. Comment by Vanessa in January 9, 2011 @ 5:15 pm

Could you tell me some of the addressespf their houses and the school and river court ?! I’m planning on going up there this summer and know the addresses to some of the things like Karens cafe and clothes over bros. But I would really like to get pictures in front of their houses !!

71. Comment by Jenna in January 27, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

HEYYYY!!! YOUR WEBSITE HAS BEEN SO HELPFUL WITH ALL THE INFORMATIONS, PICTURES, AND LINKS!!!! I AM GOING THERE IN MARCH AND I WILL BE THERE FOR ONE DAY, IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO EVERYTHING IN ONE DAY? I REALLY HOPE IT IS!!!!
    JUST A QUICK QUESTION HOW CSN YOU TELL WHEN THEY ARE FILMING CAUSE I WANT TO MEET THE ACTORS SOOO BADLY ESPECIALLY JAMES LAFFERTY<33333 , SO IF ANY ONE THAT HAS THE ANSWERS COULD POSSIBLY ANSWER THAT WOULD BE GREAT ANY INFORMATION WOULD HELLP:)!:)<3 THANSK AGAIN!:)

72. Comment by Jenna in January 27, 2011 @ 3:37 pm

*CAN

73. Comment by SuzieyQ in January 27, 2011 @ 4:32 pm

@ Jenna – I don’t think it’s possible to see every single location in a day unless you start way before the sun comes up and don’t stop until way after the sun goes down. Personally.. it’s better to take your time because there’s a lot to absorb and some of the places are really hard to find! (I drove past Clothes Over Bros 4 times before having to ask someone where it was and that was the easiest one apparently.) As far as knowing when they film, contact Screen Gems Studios in Wilmington and ask. I know they are filming now, but I don’t know when they film the last episode. As far as wanting to see James and/or any other cast member.. your best bet is while in town (especially a Friday or Saturday night) is to go check out Blue Post Billards and just bar hop. They hang out a lot downtown (not sure if Joy will be out much in bars since she’s pregnant). Enjoy your trip to “Tree Hill”!!!!!! March is a perfect time to go.. beautiful weather.

74. Comment by sammy in February 10, 2011 @ 4:33 pm

isnt the church on 620 south 4th street?
    the curch luke and lindeys wedding was in ?…
    search ot on google maps

75. Comment by Kylie in February 10, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

^That’s the website for the church that all of the weddings are at…including Brooke and Julian’s. It’s called Grace United Methodist Church and the pastor there is my church’s former pastor and we’re very close with their family. When they filmed there he got to meet them and the cast members even donated toys for the Angel Tree (goes to children of inmates). They’re so sweet :) But the church is beautiful and everyone should go stop by!

76. Comment by jimmy in February 28, 2011 @ 10:39 am

im a huge fan of tree hill and im looking into coming over to visit the homes and the river court, does anybody have any information for me to make my trip happen?

77. Comment by Katt in February 28, 2011 @ 5:52 pm

I just got back from NC, and had a blast. They will be easy to spot, if they are filming. White vans everywhere, spotlights, equip., traiors…its crazy!!! We actually ran in to Rob Buckley in a bar we were hanging out in. He made, MADE us play skee ball with him and his gf ( Tracy from last episode…Jena Sims) for 2 hours! He was super cool, down to earth, and a blast to hang out with. We also saw Chase and Mouth. There are lists all over of shooting locations. The ones we found were older ones, like Keiths, DS Motors, Peytons house, Lucas house, things like that. But places like Tric, COB is easy to find. COB is right downtown, the marquee is still there, with a fake ‘ karens cafe’ sign on the door. Good luck, hope you have fun!!!! ( if you have any ? email me if you like, [email protected]

78. Comment by Jenna in March 16, 2011 @ 3:16 pm

hey guys, thank you so much for making this website!
    i just got back from Wilmington it was honestly amazing <3
    i went there on sunday and went to these locations Clothes over bros,
    Black cat shoppe (cd valley), Quinn james photography, Rivercourt, Brookes house,Felixs house, Tric, Brookes nyc apparnment, Blue post billards
    Naleys first date (riverwalk),Tree hill high ,Grace church, Haleys house ,Peytons house ,Screen gems studios and when i went there was no tours:( the tours are only on SATURDAYS! but while i was there i saw Julians truck and keiths suv, Peytons car (the comet) , and Haleys red car. But when i was there on the sunday i found a sign saying that they were filming on monday at clothes over bros so of course i had to come back to wilmington on monday!!!!
    so me and my mom drove back to wilmington monday morning and when went to clothes over bros and started to spot out the white trucks! if there are 'lightin rental trucks' then its them! so we waited there for an hour then a man told me that they were filming there somewhere else in the morning! so we drove there! they were filming in hue mCrea park, its where all the baseball scenes with Ian kellerman are filmed! so sophia bush and austin nichlos were filming a love scence in the park, it wa sooo cute<3
    after they were done we drove back to clothes over bros and watched haley filming a scence, it was her walking nito clothes over bros from outside! She even waved at mee ! it was truely an azming day<3

79. Comment by QUINY in May 3, 2011 @ 11:22 pm

My sisters and I are planning to take a week long trip their this summer. Are all the shops still up and are they still doing the tours on saturdays?? Thanks so much for the blog and the info. LOVE OTH!!!

80. Comment by Rachel in June 16, 2011 @ 4:12 pm

Does anyone have updated information on list Season 8 locations?? A lot of websites are great, just aren’t updated with addresses for the more recent seasons? Also, does anybody know where Naley’s first date took place on the riverwalk, like where that is? Or the restaurant that Peyton saw Ellie at in Season 3 and later on Brooke and Victoria went to? It is used kind of frequently… Thanks so much!!

81. Comment by hayley in June 23, 2011 @ 3:56 pm

rachel- victoria and brooke go to The George its on the riverwalk
    128 south water street. nice place to go because of filming but was ridicioulusy expensive and horrible service my advice is to take pictures from the sidewalk and not to eat there.
    this website is whwat i used on my vaction just last week

82. Comment by Rachel in July 5, 2011 @ 5:28 pm

Hayley- thanks so much! the vacation was great and your advice was really helpful :)

83. Comment by Mavel in July 22, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

Hello All,
    I am planning a trip to Willmington NC Aug 6th 2011 and any current info on ONE TREE HILL sites, places to stay near by? would be very helpful in planning my trip the best possible. I will only be there one day (so i want to see as much as possible) I leave Sunday mid day to Jacksonville NC to wait for my Nephews arrive from Afgahan!!!! I’m so excited :)
    Any info would be great appreciated
    Mavel

84. Comment by alison bell in July 25, 2011 @ 3:26 pm

hi, can u tell me where the location of the place lucas and peyton met, on the road near the river?? thanks so much x

85. Comment by Adam in August 26, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

Im 15 and live in england and want to go to wilmington so bad! Im definately going but it sucks cus the studio tours and some of the locations like the rivercourt and clothes over bros might not be there because i can only go when im atleast 18 ( i want to go on my own so im not rushed!!) and it would have ended by then </3 I love one tree hill and im definately going!!

86. Comment by Menekse in October 21, 2011 @ 12:17 am

Wow, 2 words great job! im from Chicago & im like a very BIG fan of OTH i def. enjoyed it… you explained it very well thank you…the homes, tric, river court, gym and cloths over Bro’s looks exactly the same… i def haave to visit it. .. season 9 is their last season and i def think they sd make a little event in Wilmington to all their fans so we can met them :))

87. Comment by Victoria in October 31, 2011 @ 11:13 am

I was wondering how to find the locations. I tried the links but no locations came up. Can you help??
    And this was great! I want to go myself!!

88. Comment by donna in November 3, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

This website is awesome! I am a huge oth fan and deeply saddened by them ending it :( I was a super huge fan of dawson’s creek as well. I have been thinking for some time about relocating there with my family from new jersey. I lived in nc for a couple of years in my teens but I was in fayetteville. How is the wilmington area? I have loved everything I’ve read about it or heard from friends who’ve visited it there. I am always open to everyones opinion of it and would definitely love feedback :) I would be moving there with my husband and 2 children (aged 6 and 1).

89. Comment by niv in December 19, 2011 @ 11:46 am

this is amazing!! i wish i could go!!

90. Comment by OTH is my LIFE in January 19, 2012 @ 1:33 am

I’m so sad that OTH is coming to an end :(
    i’ve been a dedicated fan since it was first aired in 2003.
    I am wondering if anyone knows or can find out if all the filming for the last season has been completed now or if they’re still filming it?
    Also I am wondering if anyone knows whether the set for OTH at Screen Gems where you can have tours of the sets there are still available? Will they still be set up and available to view even now that the show is ending?
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

91. Comment by hailey in June 11, 2012 @ 10:43 pm

In Wilmington right now:)

92. Comment by pua in August 31, 2012 @ 7:36 am

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
    Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

93. Comment by Megan McQueen in January 1, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to access the rooftop where they filmed above Karen’s cafe with the water balloons and other scenes?

94. Comment by Jill Bradley in January 3, 2013 @ 9:12 am

you done a GREAT job showing off your pics and telling about your trip to Wilmington. OTH is still my favorite show and my husband and I watch it from beginning to end, every now and then, which ends up being about 3 or 4 episodes a night. Every time we watch is just like watching for the first time…can’t get enough of it and ABSOLUTELY love it. This is where I plan on going this summer for our vacation and now, THANKS TO YOU, I know what and where to look for places. This was really great and thanks for sharing! :)

95. Comment by Bturner in January 23, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

I wanted to go to Wilmington to watch filming SO bad and sadly I never got to do it :( I wonder if fans still visit to check out the existing locations or if the studio still has any of the sets…

96. Comment by Ashley in February 21, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

hey there! i am interested in road tripping to one tree hill’s filming areas, and I know that it has been quite some time since the show wrapped up, but I still want to make the trek from nj to nc. I loved the show and I am just curious about how you knew what places to go see because i can’t just type the “rivercourt” into mapquest. I don’t know what their actual names are called. I’m just curious as to how you got there and where you stayed. Thank you :)

97. Comment by Karen FUller in February 24, 2013 @ 3:09 am

Hello there. We are a family from South Africa. My 19 year old daughter is a great fan of One Tree Hill. She has had a battle with tumours etc from age 10 and has had a tough time. I would like to visit USA for the sole purpose for her to see the film location and do the tours etc. Do you know of any motels, inns etc near the location that I can google and get prices for. Many thanks.Karen Fuller

98. Comment by Amanda in March 1, 2013 @ 7:59 am

Ashley, I havent been to Wilmington since filming wrapped for OTH. I know places like the rivercourt and Clothes over Bro are no longer there. Well the building for COB will still be there it just wont look the same, That being said they did film a lot using the exterior of houses and such. I recommend checking out this website http://othforums.com/index.php?topic=46520.0 This has the complete list of address for all filming locations used for OTH. Wilmington in itself is a beautiful place to visit.

99. Comment by Mike in July 31, 2013 @ 12:17 am

Hey just want to say that I visited Wilmington last april 2012, and enjoyed it very much. The tree hill filming locations were great to see, except the river court which was already taken down. I am planning on visiting again in September this year. I have found the address of the home that chad and sophia bought together when they got engaged/married. I do want to check that out. Just a big OTH fan lol.