May 01,2008

Gavin DeGraw Readies Sophomore Release

Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw is set to release his sophomore, self-titled CD this week. DeGraw hit the scene in 2003 with the release of his debut disc Chariot. The single “Chariot” “I Don’t Wanna Be” [the article was wrong.  thanks HKD for pointing it out] was the theme song for the teen drama One Tree Hill and was a top 10 hit in the United States.

His next album hits stores on May 6 and the debut single off of the record is the tune “In Love with a Girl”. The entire album is streaming on DeGraw’s official website http://www.gavindegraw.com from now until the album’s release. This summer he has a few dates scheduled in Europe, an appearance at Z100’s Zootopia in New York, but no other dates planned.

Here are the rest of the tracks on the upcoming disc:

“In Love with a Girl”
“Next to Me”
“Cheated on Me”
“I Have You to Thank”
“Cop Stop”
“Young Love”
“Medicate the Kids”
“Relative”
“She Holds The Key”
“Untamed”
“Let It Go”
“We Belong Together”

Source

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2008 at 9:19 pm and is filed under Gavin DeGraw. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

28 Responses to “Gavin DeGraw Readies Sophomore Release”

1. Comment by HKD in May 1, 2008 @ 9:44 pm

isn’t the oth theme song I Don’t Wanna Be?

2. Comment by Crystal in May 1, 2008 @ 9:45 pm

Yeah it is. I think it was just a typo.

3. Comment by salma in May 1, 2008 @ 10:01 pm

i love gavin! im in love with a girl is seriously the best!

4. Comment by Amy in May 1, 2008 @ 10:04 pm

I updated it, thanks HKD. Looks like a copy and paste error on their part!

5. Comment by HKD in May 1, 2008 @ 10:31 pm

No problem! just happy to help :)

6. Comment by Danika in May 1, 2008 @ 10:37 pm

I already have the single In love with a girl on my ipod. Its amazing to the max!! I’m going to buy this cd as soon as it comes out!

7. Comment by HKD in May 1, 2008 @ 10:40 pm

I’ve only heard Chariot and I Don’t Wanna Be but i love both of those songs!

I will check out the news songs and some of his other one’s too!!

Anybody recommend anything?

8. Comment by brucasfan in May 1, 2008 @ 10:43 pm

Does anyone know if its true that he is going to be staring on the show under peyton on the record lable……..

I miss the theme song I understand why it isnt in this season but I still miss it

9. Comment by Holly in May 1, 2008 @ 10:47 pm

He will? And what about Mia, she isnt coming back??? i think she was kind of funny…

10. Comment by brucasfan in May 1, 2008 @ 10:48 pm

that is what I heared but who knows……. and i agree I loved Mia especially when she was singing the peyton song….

11. Comment by HKD in May 1, 2008 @ 10:49 pm

If Gavind does come on the show to go under Peyton’s record label that would be awesome!!

but I don’t think so cuz alot of people know gavind degraw and it wouldn’t be really real (if that makes sense)
    like mia,or kate voegele, nobody had heard of her
    anybody get where i’m going?

12. Comment by brucasfan in May 1, 2008 @ 10:50 pm

I totally see where you are going HKD, and I agree it would be awsome but not real….

13. Comment by Danika in May 1, 2008 @ 10:52 pm

I understand, thats what I was thinking.
    Remember in season 1 when they had the open mic night at Karen’s Cafe and Peyton got Gavin DeGraw to play and she knew who he was?? So it doesn’t work, sadly.

14. Comment by brucasfan in May 1, 2008 @ 10:55 pm

No it doesnt…. But you never know with this show.. its full of suprise I think he should at least make a cameo cuase the took away the intro

15. Comment by Danika in May 1, 2008 @ 11:00 pm

Yeah he is making a cameo appearance. I think next episode.. I forget but Amy posted it awhile back. He’s doing something with Peyton.. recording or something.

16. Comment by brucasfan in May 1, 2008 @ 11:01 pm

see I knew I saw it something i should have thought it was on here :P

17. Comment by Holly in May 1, 2008 @ 11:41 pm

Good!! You think that with Peyton’s Label they will invite more artist to the series??? Oh… Pete Wentz(dont know if is right) from Fall Out Boys will be back?? Dont think so but that episode was kind of funny… I’m wondering if they will invite more singers like… have no idea…. hope you get what i’m trying to say…

18. Comment by Sarah in May 1, 2008 @ 11:42 pm

I can’t wait. I think they should bring some more music on the show.

19. Comment by Jazmin in May 2, 2008 @ 8:00 am

I love that they bring in so much music into the show… First is definitly fits in with the show and second… it adds so much more excitement(like it was needed) it’s like the scene in the movie where the songs parallels the scenes both bad and good.I love it, its a great series and incorporates so many interests, sports, music, romance, comedy.. great show!!!

20. Comment by Liz in May 2, 2008 @ 8:35 am

Yes I agree Jazmin. The music for the show is great and it add so much to the scenes.

21. Comment by Amy in May 2, 2008 @ 8:40 am

The only artist I have heard coming in Gavin. And of course Peyton is working on Haley’s record. Not sure if they’ll bring anyone else in while she works with Haley or not. That might be kind of weird.

22. Comment by Jazmin in May 2, 2008 @ 8:42 am

YAY GAVIN!!!! I think he is adorable :)

23. Comment by JM in May 2, 2008 @ 9:13 am

I love Gavin Degraw. I agree Jazmin the music is great.

24. Comment by Sara in May 2, 2008 @ 9:30 am

Gavin DeGraw is one of my favourite artists :) his songs “we belong together”, “dreams” and “in love with a girl” are the best!!

25. Comment by Anita in May 2, 2008 @ 9:34 am

I really like his new song. I can’t wait to see him on One Tree Hill for the season finale.

26. Comment by HKD in May 2, 2008 @ 6:40 pm

Does anybody have any favourite that can be recommended to me?
    and Gavin is adorable! :) lol

27. Comment by Danika in May 3, 2008 @ 12:56 am

He’s coming back for the season finale?
    I thought it was before that..

28. Comment by HKD in May 3, 2008 @ 3:05 pm

I would like to see on the show though!
    he hasn’t played at tric so….maybe they could bring him on the show for that./?