Jun 04,2008

Best of Season 5 Songs – Results

Alrighty, for those that weighed in, here are the results…best songs of Season 5. Kate Voegele really stood out this season!

Top 5 were…

1. Hallelujah – Kate Voegele
  2. Feel This – Bethany Joy Galeotti ft. Enation
  3. The Honorary Title – Far More
  4. Wish You Were – Kate Voegele
  5. Hometown Glory – Adele

Top Songs per episode were…

5.01 Four Years, Six Months, and Two Days
Jackson Waters – Come Undone (Acoustic)
The Verve Pipe – The Freshman

5.02 Racing Like a Pro
Group 1 Crew – Forgive Me

Back When You Were Good – The Hours

5.03 My Way Home is Through You
Jason Walker – You Fill My Heart

5.04 It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)
Kindly Unspoken – Kate Voegele

5.11 You’re Gonna Need Someone On Your Side

Superstar – Lupe Fiasco ft Matthew Santos

5.12 Hundred
Apologies – Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

5.13 Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
Home – Foo Fighters

5.14 What Do You Go Home To?
Leaving Town Alive – Jeff Cohen featuring Bethany Joy Galeotti
Roadway Hymn – La Rocca

5.15 Life Is Short
Hometown Glory – Adele

5.16 Cryin’ Won’t Help You Now
In Love With a Girl – Gavin DeGraw

5.17 Hate Is Safer Than Love
In My Arms – Plumb
Hallelujah – Kate Voegele

5.18 What Comes After the Blues
Feel This – Bethany Joy Galeotti ft. Enation

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 at 3:50 pm and is filed under Music. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

31 Responses to “Best of Season 5 Songs – Results”

1. Comment by emzy in June 4, 2008 @ 4:22 pm

‘wish you were here’ by Kate Voegele was a really good song this season…i also loved Jamie singing ‘i dont wanna be’with Gavin deGraw that was really cute and good to hear the infamous theme tune again…definately for bringing it back for season 6!!!!

2. Comment by brucasfan in June 4, 2008 @ 5:01 pm

that was amazing…. Jamie and gavin were tooo cute together as much as I miss the into sometimes it was a nice way for mark to honour it…..though in the end I guess im happier with the extra minute of the show ;)

3. Comment by Joey in June 4, 2008 @ 5:03 pm

even tho the theme song got me pumped lol!!

i will do anything for that extra minute or two… jk jk

4. Comment by brucasfan in June 4, 2008 @ 5:05 pm

Im with you…. I miss it so throwing it like that I can handle but I will not give back my minute or two extra for the into I JUST WONT DO it… so i guess we will have to live without Gavin for a while… :D

5. Comment by Danika in June 4, 2008 @ 5:18 pm

I’ve gotten used to not having the theme song anymore. I actually kind’ve like it. I like getting right to the episode and not watching the recaps or the theme song/credits.

6. Comment by brucasfan in June 4, 2008 @ 5:20 pm

Oh Danika how i have missed you……. Im assuming you have been MIA due to finals

anyways I agree it would seem strange to have recaps and the intro back…..

7. Comment by Danika in June 4, 2008 @ 5:21 pm

oh thank you i’ve missed you all too.
    Yeah I’m going to be MIA for the rest of the month.. :( stupid finals. gah.

8. Comment by Danika in June 4, 2008 @ 5:22 pm

I don’t think the intro works anymore.. the song doesn’t fit anymore. yay for black title screen! haha.

9. Comment by brucasfan in June 4, 2008 @ 5:27 pm

lol I agree it doesnt the seriousness that became season 5 doesnt work into the ubeatness of the intro… im sooo yeahing the black screen with you Danika…

10. Comment by brucasfan in June 4, 2008 @ 5:28 pm

and good luck with the finals…….

11. Comment by Danika in June 4, 2008 @ 5:33 pm

thank you i’m really going to need it!
    and then for the summer i’ll be on here like 24/7 hehe. =) man i love this site.

12. Comment by Kristen in June 4, 2008 @ 5:56 pm

I am shocked that “Feel This” didn’t take the top spot. Go on you tube and type in One Tree Hill. Every other video is set to Joy’s song.

And I am irrate that Grace Potter’s “Apologies” didn’t even make the list. In my opinion, next to “Feel this” and anything from Kate Voegele, it was the best song all season. And it was from an artist I never heard of, and was never used in an episode before.

As far as the intro is concerned, very few shows have a musical intro nowadays, like Grey’s anatomy and Brothers and Sisters for example.

Thank you for reading my rant.

13. Comment by Kristen in June 4, 2008 @ 5:58 pm

I am so long-winded that I want to kick my own ass. Let’s place the blame on the lack of my weekly One Tree Hill dose!! Can’t wait for season 6

ps- it’s peyton! Leyton “True Love Always”

14. Comment by Alyssa in June 4, 2008 @ 6:00 pm

Great choices! Season five had some great music… I hope in season 6 we have more bands at Tric. New and already established ones.

15. Comment by Brittney in June 4, 2008 @ 7:34 pm

The top 2 were def. my fav. I really liked Kate’s version of Hallelujah–which is such a phenomenal song anyways. And of course Feel This is awesome.

16. Comment by lau in June 4, 2008 @ 7:42 pm

MY gosh I love all those songs and I’M listening to
    feel this like everyday and Hallelujah too lol
    i’m gonnna get tired of those songs soon thought
    If I continue listening to them as much as I do right now lol
    I love the top 5 but one missing is definetly Never tear us apart by INXs gosh so love that song

and Where I stood is an amazing song I love it soo much
    I listen to that song like all the time I am still not tired of it :) and Never will
    okay i’m gonna shut my mouth otherwise i’M gonna talk about every single songs they use on the show lol

17. Comment by Molly in June 4, 2008 @ 7:51 pm

Feel This is one of my favorite songs by Bethany !
    I thought that it was perfect for that episode.. but even though it was kind of supossed to be about Nathan.. [maybe]…
    I thought it was PERFECT for Leyton.
    That was just their story.

TrueLoveAlways.

18. Comment by lau in June 4, 2008 @ 9:27 pm

yep it was soooo Leyton agree with you Molly

19. Comment by Alyssa in June 4, 2008 @ 9:30 pm

Molly, I think she wrote it about everything that has been going on in her life and in Lucas’s. I mean she sang it after talking to Lucas the whole episode about love and how he needs to stop hiding his heart. I take all this as a sign that she knows Lucas loves Peyton and needs to be with her.

20. Comment by lau in June 4, 2008 @ 11:14 pm

hell yeah ALyssa ;)

21. Comment by Leyton=TLA in June 5, 2008 @ 3:50 am

and in the preview between Haley and Peyton… after her showing the predictions to Peyton and being very pro Leyton…Peyton told her to use the studio and that the words will come to her- she just has to write about something personal…
    i think it is about Lucas and Peyton!

“what if i told you your tears haven’t been ignored…and everything that was taken can be restored”

“Let go, let go and believe” …i think thats is about Luke letting go of his fear and trusting Peyton truly loves him and does want to marry him.

SO Leyton!!

22. Comment by Lauren in June 5, 2008 @ 4:49 am

Alright I love Feel This and Wish You Were. They were my favorite songs of the season :)

23. Comment by kat2392 in June 5, 2008 @ 9:50 am

yay i love all these songs!!! i looked most of them up and bought them if i hadnt alerady :)

24. Comment by mysterygirl! in June 5, 2008 @ 10:20 am

Love the top five! Episode 5.01 used many songs by The National (and 5.02’s title, “Racing Like a Pro,” is a song title of theirs), so I would have liked to see one of their songs on the list. Maybe “Slow Show” or “Green Gloves.” I should have contributed earlier. :)

25. Comment by jess in June 5, 2008 @ 10:46 am

i think that my fav 2 were “feel this” and also when jamie sang w/ gavin degraw. that made my heart melt it was SO freakin cute!! and bethany did an awesome job w/ “feel this” i’m so glad she’s singing again!

26. Comment by kat2392 in June 5, 2008 @ 2:43 pm

i loved jamie singing with gavin too!!! it was sooo cute

27. Comment by Christy in June 7, 2008 @ 6:09 pm

i love the songs that made the cut, but i can’t believe feel this didn’t get the top spot.

28. Comment by Leyton=TLA in June 7, 2008 @ 6:13 pm

yea me to…
    Although Kate’s cover of hallelujah is fantastic!

29. Comment by Drikus in September 20, 2008 @ 2:39 pm

Can anyone tell me what is the song play at the beginning of episode 2 when Lucas talks? It begin with a Piano?

30. Comment by Judah in November 2, 2010 @ 12:36 am

Everything about One Tree Hill is is is is………..i dont even know what to say.
    simply the best i have ever seen…you guys should keep the fire burning.
    Cheers!!!

31. Comment by Pavle in May 24, 2012 @ 11:50 am

WHAT SONG IN 5.13 Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace???(home,no,any more)