Posted by Amy with 44 Comments
Posted by Amy with 11 Comments
OK, folks. I had hoped we’d get some official Season 6 Promo shots but I haven’t seen any yet and I can not handle staring at this header anymore. I love it and our reader Crystal did a fabulous job but it’s a new season, the summer is over and I’m ready for something new.
So if you’re at all good at design and artwork (I know you avatar, wall creating people are out there!), PLEASE EMAIL US a header for consideration at AMY AT ONETREEHILLBLOG.COM.
Just some things to remember…
- This is One Tree Hill Blog. Please make any artwork centered around at least the core 5. Trust me, I won’t be sad if you show Lucas and Peyton together as Season 6 does have them together. Same for Nathan/Haley, Mouth/Millie or even Skills/Deb.
- The size has to be 900×190.
- Concentrate on Season 6. We had an awesome submission a few weeks back but it centered around graphics from the State Championship. Very, very cool, but not what I’m looking for. I know we don’t have a lot to work with from Season 6 yet but I know it can be done!
- No color restrictions. I can update the background and such as needed.
- There’s no strict deadline and in fact, we always take submissions but I’d like to start paring down entries within the next week.
- Feel free to credit yourself in artwork (in small font) or I can credit you in the sidebar.
What do you get? THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people seeing YOUR artwork ever day…because YOUR art matters.
Posted by Amy with 18 Comments
Denise and I were chatting last night about Brooke’s Scarecrow comment and how Wizard of Oz characters could compare to One Tree Hill. Don’t see how? Denise wrote up a little commentary on it…
Have you heard there is no place like home? How about there is no place like “Tree Hill?” Probably heard that too, huh?
Have you ever thought of Brooke Davis as Dorothy Gail from Kansas? As in Dorothy from “The Wizard of Oz?” Me neither, but then there was the comment by Brooke in the season six premiere. You remember it? When Mouth came to Clothes over Bros to say goodbye and Brooke hugs him tightly and says; “Scarecrow, I think I will miss you most of all.”
It is a line from the movie “Wizard of Oz,” when Dorothy is about to click the heels of her red ruby slippers and head back to Kansas. And she hugs the Scarecrow tightly because she feels the deepest connection with him. It was a nice moment between Brooke and Mouth, two unlikely friends, just like Dorothy and the Scarecrow.
But it got me thinking. If Brooke sees herself as Dorothy and Mouth as the Scarecrow, what does that make the other characters of One Tree Hill?
I think some of them are pretty easy. Are you ready?
Okay, first off the “Big Dog” himself, Lucas Scott. That is easy, he is the Tin Man. He is looking for a heart. Lucas was pretty heartless in season five. Finding his heart and his heart’s desire will make it easier for him to give it away to the only one who truly owns it.
Ahh, then we have Peyton. She is so easy. Peyton is the Cowardly Lion in need of courage and she found it in season five. In season five she found courage to not only let Lucas know she was still in love him, she found courage to return to Tree Hill and to start her own company, and in the season five finale she found the courage to give her heart away by pouring her love on the River Court.
And of course the Wicked Witch has to be Victoria. I always see Nathan and Haley as the Uncle Henry and Auntie Em left on the farm, because let’s face it their storylines have been kind of left on the farm. As for Jamie, come on, he is Toto. LOL I see Karen Glenda the Good Witch and Dan well, though the Wizard wasn’t a bad guy, I am still saying Dan is the Wizard always working on things in Tree Hill behind the curtain.
So, I guess it is true. You CAN tie your favorite show into any other show.
And it appears after what we saw in the season six premiere, Brooke is going to want to find a pair of ruby red slippers and try click her heels to a place she feels safe.