Sep 14,2008

In Memory of Quentin Fields

We are now 24 hours away from one of the saddest moments in Tree Hill.  Saying good-bye to Quentin Fields.  We’ve updated our banner on the site with a special tribute banner and below is a video in tribute to him.  Leave your condolences, favorite memories or feelings about Quentin in the comments and show how much we grew to love him and how we’ll miss him.  You may even want to show appreciation to Robbie Jones and Mark Schwahn for creating a character and storyline that has turned out to touch us so deeply.

I personally want to say I’ve enjoyed watching Quentin evolve into a friend and person that has touched so many of the people in Tree Hill I love.  I will miss his banter with Jamie, his friendship and support of Nathan, his final respect to Haley as teacher and mentor as well as his relationship with Luke and Skills.  Thank you, Mark, for being brave in your storylines and Robbie for being able to show us so many sides of one person.  We’ll miss you, Q.

credit for banner and video: Denise
picture was taken from Robbie’s MySpace

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 14th, 2008 at 9:00 pm and is filed under One Tree Hill. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

58 Responses to “In Memory of Quentin Fields”

1. Comment by ChaCha (Millie) in September 14, 2008 @ 9:05 pm

well I kinda always liked him he reminded me of Nathan..i don’t know if that makes since but anyways..I liked his character…he was a good friend to nathan and Jamie…I have a few favorite moments one we was getting in nathans face in s5 basically telling him he can do it…and all the scenes with little Jamie they were just adorable..gonna miss him :(

2. Comment by P Sawyer soon to be SCOTT aka(lau) …… Who's missing her Q like crazy already ! :( / LP = TLA Yes it's REAL ! in September 14, 2008 @ 9:10 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    MY Q :( I miss him sooo much :(

I hate crying gosh I won’t have any more tears left for tomorrow night. huhu

I love my Q
    I hate the guy who kill him arghhhhhhhh

3. Comment by courtney in September 14, 2008 @ 9:12 pm

whats the picture at the top from?

4. Comment by Denise in September 14, 2008 @ 9:18 pm

The picture was on Robbie Jones Myspace page.

The song used in the video is from the band Stephen Kellogg and the 6ers and is called “Hears in Pain.”

BTW, I just signed a deal to have Stephen Kellogg and the 6ers song “4th of July” be the official opening song of The One Tree Hill Connection Podcast.

As for Q. I think the writers and Robbie did an amazing job tranisitoning a character from someone the fans didn’t like very much to a young man who grew as not only a player but as a person and left this world just a little bit better for being in it. A goal we should all aspire to.

5. Comment by Christy in September 14, 2008 @ 9:19 pm

Is that Skills in the pic?
    I’m really gonna miss Q. And I totally get what you mean, Millie, I loved that he reminded me so much of the old Nathan. I loved seeing Q evolve into a good kid, especially his relationship with Jamie and helping Nathan with the comeback.
    My fave Q moments were everything with Jamie, especially the dancing and the raps. I loved that he pushed Nathan until Nathan finally started pushing back. And I loved in 6.02 the way he opened up to Haley about his life and his hopes for the future. Aw man, here come the tears!

6. Comment by Anna in September 14, 2008 @ 9:24 pm

I love Q so much, I even bought a stuffed duck and named him Q.. lol (weird, I know). When I met Robbie in Wilmington, he was so nice! I am going to miss his character so much.

By the way…

where is the picture of him from? (The one of him covering his face). I don’t recognize it from any episode…

Thanks Robbie & Mark for creating such an awesome character!

7. Comment by Tiya in September 14, 2008 @ 9:28 pm

yeah Anna i wanna know where that pic is from too? maybe it’s the ghostly quentin? you know from a future episode cause thats not from any of the previous ones

8. Comment by Haley James aka.......NALEY=A&F in September 14, 2008 @ 9:34 pm

In the starting i really didn’t think that i would like Q’s character much but as the show progressed he grew on to me! And he also reminded me of nathan when he was younger lol. Though i loved the relationship mark created for jamie and Q. It was so beautiful and touching in a way! And the way he was to nathan and how he helped him was awesome and he he grew like a character in the show was amazing! I’M GONNA MISS U Q!!!

Thank you mark for creating the awesome character and to Robbie to for protraying the character in an unbileavable way!

As for my favourite scenes, well i absolutely LOVED the scenes between him and jamie! They were soo fun to watch! and i also loved the scene where he decided to do the book project for school and haley! And last but not least every one of his scenes in 6×02 was amazing especially the one where he was talking to haley about his dreams and his future!!

MISSING YOU Q!!!

9. Comment by marissa in September 14, 2008 @ 9:50 pm

Where to start, I can’t even begin to tell you how much i’ve grown to love Q ..seeing his character grow was such an awesome thing to see, his support for nathan, haley, and jamie became such a huge storyline that touched me! ..having to see him leave tomorrow is going to bring some serious tears to my eyes :( My favorite scenes with Q were definitely all the ones of him and J-Luke (especially them dancing and their little raps!) :) ..their friendship was absoutely adorable and by far one of my favorites of One Tree Hill! ..I want to thank Robbie for doing an absoultely AMAZING job playing this character! He was a joy to have watched on the show and I can’t thank Mark enough for letting us all get to know him!
    Thanks Q, Robbie, and Mark for bringing us another GREAT storyline and joy to One Tree Hill!
    I LOVE YOU Q AND WILL MISS YOU!!!

PS. Thank you for the awesome layout and tribute amy!

10. Comment by kat2392 in September 14, 2008 @ 9:57 pm

quentin will be very missed by me! one of my favorites moments was in the finale of seaon 5 when nathan made the dunk. i laughed so hard at quentins line and i repeate a lot. i think its very sad that he has to leave, and i will miss his dances/raps with jamie. haha the time he and jamie were rapping and then nathan tried too=really funny tv. great moments and i wish we could have seen more of q

11. Comment by Christy Floyd in September 14, 2008 @ 10:02 pm

I’m going to miss Q. At first I didn’t think I would like him, but he kinda reminded me of Nathan back from season 1. I like how he grew as a person and learned to respect the ones that cared for him. His friendship with Jamie was so cute, and I liked the part where he told Haley that he had a little brother and that he liked it when J Luke was around. He really grew on me and I became to like his character. I can’t say that a lot about some of the new characters.

12. Comment by Natalie in September 14, 2008 @ 10:04 pm

awwww I love how he calls Jamie J-Luke.
    It’s gunna be a sad one tomorrow night!

13. Comment by danielle in September 14, 2008 @ 10:05 pm

wow,quentin is the type of guy that you would love for your daughter to bring home, at first no but now definitely. he has a love for basketball but he also had a love for life. the last episode he talked about wanting a family and how he has been there for nate and jamie. he has a strong relationship with luke and skillz too, he is going to greatly missed. all i can really say is to robbie and mark you did one awesome job with the character of q, he will be forever in our hearts.

14. Comment by Alex in September 14, 2008 @ 10:06 pm

Quentin will be missed. One of my favorite things of him is that he loved Jamie, helped Nathan and was a happy character. That is how I will remember him. The next episode will be as sad as 317:when Keith dies. One of the funniest moments I will remember that Q had was whem he taught Jamie a dance. I hope he atleast is talked about in the rest of OTH.

Rest In Peace Quentin Fields!
    RIP

15. Comment by Mia aka (Gina)...♥Leyton=Destiny♥ in September 14, 2008 @ 10:07 pm

ROBBIE JONES IS AN AMAZING ACTOR HE DID SO WELL AS Q THAT IT WAS UNBELEVABLE TO WATCH HIM ON ONE TREE HILL.JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE I DID NOT LIKE HIM VERY MUCH AT ALL IN THE BEGINNING BUT HE GREW ON ALL OF US.THE STORY LINE WAS AMAZING,THE WAY MARK CREATED HIM AND HOW HIS STORY LINE UNFOLDED WAS AWESOME AND ALOT OF PEOPLE PROBABLY COULD RELATE TO HIS CHARACTER.I AM SO SADDENED WITH HIS DEPARTURE AND WE ALL ARE GOING TO MISS Q.THANK YOU MARK FOR CREATING SUCH AN AMAZING CHARACTER AND ITS UNFORTUNATE THAT WE HAVE TO LOOSE SUCH A GREAT ACTOR AND CHARACTER.

I LOVE YOU Q AND WILL MISS YOU :(

16. Comment by Alex in September 14, 2008 @ 10:13 pm

Oh also, forgot to say. Thank you so much Mark and Robbie for bringing us an amazing character to our lifes and to th One Tree Hill family. We will all miss him because he infruinced everybodys life in Tree Hill. Hope to see him again soon, even if its not in One Tree Hill.

Rest In Peace Quentin Fields!
    RIP

17. Comment by Brucasfan (B Davis) in September 14, 2008 @ 10:19 pm

Way to write a character Mark seriously and amazing job on bringing him to life Robbie.. You will be missed..but will stay in our hearts…

PS….. this is the second saddest episode… 1st hands down if the loss of Keith…..

18. Comment by Tutor Wife a.K.a LeytonOTH~Lucas: We just spent the last couple of days together happier than either one of us can remember and I know I have been all over the place but my best friend told me to pick a team. You were right. in September 14, 2008 @ 10:22 pm

Robbie jones is an amazing person… he brought light to quentin and made him the person he was and for the relationship with Jamie… never to be forgotten! it’s going to be the saddest epsiode i have ever seen on OTH besides the epsiode when keith died… :(

19. Comment by Tutor Wife a.K.a LeytonOTH~Lucas: We just spent the last couple of days together happier than either one of us can remember and I know I have been all over the place but my best friend told me to pick a team. You were right. in September 14, 2008 @ 10:23 pm

I love ya and I will miss u!

20. Comment by Leyton in September 14, 2008 @ 10:25 pm

“Q” was starting to become my favourite! Him and Jamie together was amazing..their relationship was sooo cute. I loved how he was a jerk then he became one of the nicest guys and how he helped nathan and started to respect everyone. The last episode my heart hurt! His talk with Haley was cute too. I would of loved to meet Robbie Jones, i think he’d be an awesome guy to meet. I would of liked him to teach me the “hands in the ayer” dance haha!
    I’ll miss you Q! <3

21. Comment by Tim in September 14, 2008 @ 10:40 pm

At first, i didn’t care for the character of Q, but he reminded me of Nathan a lot, so I had hopes for him. In the past 2 episodes of season 6, though, he really grew as a character. Although I knew his death was coming, it was saddening to see.

Farewell, Quentin Fields. You will be missed on One Tree Hill.

22. Comment by Susana in September 14, 2008 @ 10:47 pm

Awww this is such a sad thing :( I liked Quentin even when he was an a-s-s in the beginning for some reason I knew I was going to like him lol it was very opposite of what I felt for Dan I knew I was going to hate him lol! Well anyway I love Quentin and I will sadly miss his character it’s quite a loss but hey oth did it for a reason! I don’t believe he is dead for some reason lol I don’t know why but I hope his character RIP’S

23. Comment by carolynn in September 14, 2008 @ 11:05 pm

wow it was a shock to me i was really
    starting to become attatched to him like really then this happened really unexpected but
    he really was a great friend to jamie
    i think he was one of the main thing keeping nathon
    going and he was a good friend to everyone ever sence
    his knock out on kevin fedrlin aha funny aww i already miss Q i cried=[mi sis seen it coming tho but the story line was perfect it brought like a reason for nathon to play again and its going to keep everyone going
    well mis you Q rip=[

24. Comment by veronica in September 14, 2008 @ 11:13 pm

At first Q made me get so mad. I just didn’t like him at all.But like Haley said, he’s “come a long way” and its true. I’m really going to miss his times with Jamie, and his influence and inspiration on Nathan and getting him back into the game, and for his respect for Haley at the end. He was a great kid and a great basketball player even though we hardly got to experience and explore that. Q will be truly missed and I have to say that I will miss Robbie because he did a really great job playing him and i thank mark for bringing his character even though he also took him away.

25. Comment by Haley James aka.......NALEY=A&F in September 14, 2008 @ 11:53 pm

one of many scenes that i love!

Quentin: (rapping) Ho, ho! There he is! I said it’s J. Luke Scott. The boy is hot. Wherever he goes, homey, that’s the spot.
    Jamie: (rapping) His name is Q, he’s better than you. If the spot is hot then, he’s there too.
    Nathan: (rapping) I’m the dad and I’m not so bad. I–
    (stops when Jamie and Quentin stare at him)

26. Comment by Heather in September 14, 2008 @ 11:57 pm

For those asking, it says that Amy got the pic from Robbie’s myspace profile. I’m not sure when she added that information, I just happened to see it.
    As for tomorrow:
    I am not looking forward to tomorrow. As much of a pain in the rear Q was in the beginning of his stint on OTH, I have grown to love him. To have a tough exterior only to hide someone with such a kind heart, well, it just breaks my heart. As Mark has said, we will see more of Robbie/Q in OTH, but as we have seen with the death of Keith, OTH will never be the same. We will miss you both Q and Robbie. Robbie, thank you for portraying a character that we have all loved and hated. Mark, thank you for being brilliant.

27. Comment by Rachel aka Shan~~~~~RIP Q!!!!! "It's jus a dream right?" "But its MY dream" Leyton ROX Tree Hill Once Again!!! in September 15, 2008 @ 12:08 am

lmao hales! im watchin my season 5 & i jus watched that scene! i LOVE that scene

28. Comment by Rachel aka Shan~~~~~RIP Q!!!!! "It's jus a dream right?" "But its MY dream" Leyton ROX Tree Hill Once Again!!! in September 15, 2008 @ 12:19 am

k so my laptop actually worked 4 me 2 watch vids & i watched this q 1 & cried my eyes out. 2mw is gonna b sssooo rough.

29. Comment by tweety in September 15, 2008 @ 1:43 am

i’m not gonna leave my condoleance to a character!! the actor is still alive so i don’t understand why being that sad about a show!! it’s look like i’m not really fanatic as you are!!!!

30. Comment by annie in September 15, 2008 @ 1:51 am

im gonna miss q

31. Comment by Niisu in September 15, 2008 @ 3:45 am

I didn´t like him in the beginning. The way he was rude to everybody and mean. But then he changed, just like Nathan did in S1. The way he was with Jamie, it was just amazing to watch. I wish my kids would have a friend like that one day. I´ll miss him, it´s always sad when a major, nice character dies :( This time it´ll be even sadder because he meant so much to Jamie.

Great job Robbie!

32. Comment by Christyanne in September 15, 2008 @ 8:39 am

Wow Amy… you got me crying this early! I was waiting for the tears tonight!! But Q will greatly be missed, I didnt think I was going to like him after his 1st couple eppys in season 5, but then the way he got with Jamie & everyone else. Robbie played an awesome character & Mark did an amazing job creating Q. Congrats Mark & to everyone on OTH! OTH cant get any better, but knowing Mark, it WILL!!!!

33. Comment by Christyanne in September 15, 2008 @ 8:45 am

Anyone have Robbie’s myspace page?!

34. Comment by Amy in September 15, 2008 @ 8:58 am
  35. Comment by Angel in September 15, 2008 @ 12:53 pm

I dont think anyone cared for Q in the beginning but like always they make changes (like nathan did) and become this person you grow to care about and love. I think this is the biggest twist in OTH…see when keith died it was sad but all the kids were grown and could understand things that happen in the school as for j-luke he is so young and dont understand death! This is an episode I think no one will forget….Q luv ya you will be missed…Robbie good luck in the future you were a great asset to OTH..sorry you had to go so soon!!

36. Comment by tiarra in September 15, 2008 @ 2:29 pm

omg so i cried last week wen i saw that q died i was soo just begginin to like him im kinda sad dat he is not on the show any more so yea today is gonna b a good ass show i think im gonna cry tonite i hope dis is not gonna make me mad tho lolz i think the worse part is gonna see jamie askin all those questions about his bff aww im so mad at the fact that he is gone but every one has thier momnet to shine i guess but q i miss ya lareday and i love ya part on ma fav show and ur def gonna b missed RIP q

37. Comment by tiarra in September 15, 2008 @ 2:31 pm

i agree wit niisu i really didnt like q but wen i strated lovin him dey take him off i tink this ios def gonna lead to sumtin else later on in the show i hope they find who ever killed him and f**** murk dat sob

38. Comment by Raluca in September 15, 2008 @ 2:36 pm

i started to cry just when i read In Memory Of Quentin Fields :-( it’s pretty sad! it’s very sad actually! lately i’m kinda part of their life, i’m living in their life, and i realized that it’s horrible! i taught that was easy but it’s not! i feel very sorry for Q! for me he wasn’t just a character, he was a real person and like someone said before: thanks Q for showing us how a person can change! Robbie you did an awesome job and i hope we’ll see you in some other movies! Mark you did a great job by creating this character! thanks Mark and Robbie for offering us some great moments! you will see the episode in about 8 hours i guess but i will see it just in about 12 or maybe more hours because i got to go to school, because it just began today…so….enjoy the episode and i guess i won’t have tears for tomorrow, because i thing i’ll squander my tears tonight just thinking of Q! and it’s hard now because i’m crying not just by seeing the title : In Memory Of Quentin Fields :-( but i’m listening Jimmy Eat World – Kill and Hear You Me! Good luck Robbie in your career and REST IN PIECE Q! WE ALL GONNA MISS YOU! YOU WERE A GREAT PERSON AND I LEARNED FROM YOU A LOT OF GOOD STUFF! :-(

by the way Amy nice job with the top of the page! now i’m just gonna leave the blog because i can’t stop crying! it’s so hard for me! have a great day and please try to not cry at the episode! see ya! >:D< :-*

39. Comment by kaitlyn in September 15, 2008 @ 6:32 pm

i was there in the gym with him, me & my parents were extras that day. i can totally see my parents in the background, i’m where the picture is cut off. I met Robbie that day and he is so nice like he shook my hand and asked what my name was and i got a picture with him =] plus i got to met & get pictures with 3 of the other cast members that day.

i can’t believe they killed Q off i was crying that epi. :[

p.s. i really like the new banner.

40. Comment by courtney in September 15, 2008 @ 7:24 pm

what episode is that picture at the top going to be in?

41. Comment by Travis in September 15, 2008 @ 9:37 pm

Quentin Fields’ death a product of racism in Hollywood? Definitely. It isn’t even the writers’ fault, but the producers who just couldn’t handle more than one African-American in their list of main characters. They need their token.

42. Comment by Janice in September 16, 2008 @ 1:59 am

I watched episode 6.3 Get cape. Wear cape. Fly.
    It was reallyyy sad! I cried a lot it was one on the saddest episodes in OTH
    I even dressed up in all black [a little extreme I know]
    But it was because I love Q so much and I think this is really cool
    To read this because I didn’t think anybody else loved him as much as I did
    He was a great character and I looked forward to seeing him every Monday night
    Most people say they hated Q at first but I always liked him I thought he was just funny
    of course there were moments when I didn’t like him but for most part he was cool.
    i never thought his characters story was gonna be this good though.
    I’d just like to thank Mark Schwahn and Robbie Jones for creating such a wonderful character it was very touching and it taught me a lot
    He did a great job portraying this role and how he evolved as a person it shows you that second chances they do matter people really can change.

My favorite memories of my Q were when he was with Jamie they were too cute.
    The raps, and the dance oh I loved the dance =] I do that dance when the song comes on.
    I loved all his lil goofy moments, those were what made him
    and when he was telling Haley about what he wanted to do with his life
    he really bonded with everyone in a major way it was so sad to see him go.
    i was really, i mean really starting to get attached to his character man i’m gonna miss him.
    those moments were really amazing we all fell in love with Quentin fields, I know I did.

I’m gonna miss you babe, I love you =]

43. Comment by Kaydee in September 18, 2008 @ 5:47 pm

How did he die?

44. Comment by Desiirae in September 21, 2008 @ 8:35 am

I didn’t like him at first cause he came over as cocky and then I grew to love him and last week’s episode I cried…I haven’t cried watching one tree hill since Nathan jumped off the bridge and Haley was screaming at the top of her lungs for him.

45. Comment by Mary Hestnes in September 23, 2008 @ 12:21 am

Can anyone tell me who the actress is who plays Quentins Fields mother on One Tree Hill? She looks soooo familiar but I cannot find her name anywhere! It’s eating me ALIVE! Thanks… email me at jeffsangel711 at aol dot com

Thanks so much!

46. Comment by moutoto in September 23, 2008 @ 7:44 am

hi i am moutoto i’m french and i love one tree hill i feel very sad since Q has been shot so i just wanna say you my feeling about one tree hill

the french’s feeling bye bye

47. Comment by Quentin Fields in October 18, 2008 @ 12:19 pm

I’m the real Quentin Fields, and I can assure you I’m quite alive.
    Q.F.

48. Comment by j in December 27, 2008 @ 2:51 am

miss you bud

49. Comment by Michael in April 22, 2009 @ 12:12 pm

what position did he play in basketball?

50. Comment by Jack Blakeu in July 13, 2009 @ 5:33 pm

He was a great inspiration to Jamie and Nathan with his basketball. Im so sad he’s gone purely because he was beginning to get his life on track: A+’s, being a role model to jamie, aspiration. and to see him get shot for no reason hurt me deep. God bless man x

51. Comment by Abby in December 14, 2009 @ 8:01 pm

oh my! i miss Q! i honestly started to cry :(
    i love how in the begginging he was so bad it reminds me
    of my friend. and then he changed into the person he always was ment to be. :/ my gosh this is just a show and i feel like Q was like my best friend

52. Comment by JoshBe in February 1, 2010 @ 3:57 pm

He was such a cocky idiot to start with. But he ended up being such a nice guy….
    He was like a big bro to Jamie and a brother to nathan. He encouraged and tried to help people. He was awesome an the way he went was so sudden and unexpected!

53. Comment by CrazyCarrie in November 5, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

:( Can’t stop crying!
    I will say my favorite moment(s…:),) of Q would be right after Haley gave him his grade and he had an “A” and he was like “NICEEEEEEEE!” and my other favorite moment was when Nathan was making his “come back” and Q’s like “Ladies and Gentleman, years from now, you will be able to tell your friends (stomping feet on gym floor) that you was in the gym the day Nathan Scott made his come back.
    And last but never least would be the adorable scene with Jamie and him in the locker room getting ready for the game and putting the arm bands on! Too cute that I can’t bare it! :D He will be forever missed!

54. Comment by Marina in January 11, 2011 @ 9:53 pm

Hey, I’m from Brazil and I just found this blog and loved it.
    I’m such a fan of OTH, and I have to say that I don’t wath series a lot, but the first time I watched OTH I felt in love.
    I have just watched the episode where Q dies and I’m really chocked. He had somethin really special and I appreciated him so much. Now he’s gone and I know it’s just a serie but it’s sad.
    We will miss you, Q

55. Comment by sylvia owens in August 9, 2011 @ 8:02 pm

i just .start, to cry when quentin got killed i was shock i didnt, think he had to die so soon he was trying to change his ways i know he had a bad attuide and he was acting silly be he was getting better i like when he were a ghost on one tree hill

56. Comment by Luke in April 18, 2012 @ 7:32 am

Q is a great guy i will miss him

57. Comment by will in August 15, 2012 @ 7:00 pm

I really miss q he was a really great guy he will have a good life and I’ll always love him