Apr 16,2009

‘One Tree Hill’ Star Antwon Tanner Faces Social Security Fraud Charges

More on Antwon/Skills…

He always seemed like such a nice young man, but it turns out Antwon Tanner has more ‘skills’ than we realized. The actor who portrays football player and cougar wrangler Antwon ‘Skills’ Taylor on One Tree Hill was indicted today in Brooklyn, New York for trafficking fake Social Security cards and numbers. He surrendered peacefully to authorities and faced a court on Thursday.
There are two charges, and neither a very specific. The first is that he “knowingly and intentionally” transferred Social Security numbers with the intent to commit fraud in order to secure items valued at over $1,000. The other is that he used at least one of the numbers personally.

Since principal photography for One Tree Hill has wrapped for this season Tanner’s fate is unlikely to effect that of Skills on the show in the coming weeks. But it’s extremely unlikely that the producers will allow Tanner to continue as a member of the cast, meaning the character will likely be written out of the story in short order.

Tanner, who splits his year between Los Angeles and Wilmington, North Carolina, where One Tree Hill is filmed, is 34 years old. He previously starred with Samuel L. Jackson in Coach Taylor.

Source

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 16th, 2009 at 3:19 pm and is filed under Antwon Tanner/Skills. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

56 Responses to “‘One Tree Hill’ Star Antwon Tanner Faces Social Security Fraud Charges”

1. Comment by Melissa in April 16, 2009 @ 3:32 pm

Aww no more Skillz :(

2. Comment by Melissa in April 16, 2009 @ 3:46 pm

I’m suprised at this news.

3. Comment by Natalie in April 16, 2009 @ 3:47 pm

That sucks! Out of all the secondary characters, Skillz was my favorite.

4. Comment by Marie in April 16, 2009 @ 3:51 pm

Aww =( This sucks but I agree with the producers not keeping him. Skills will be missed. I’m disapointed in Antwon =(

5. Comment by joyfan in April 16, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

Wow this is a federal offense, he’s definitely going to be served some rough justice on this one.

6. Comment by brucaslover in April 16, 2009 @ 4:16 pm

THATS CRAZY!!!

7. Comment by care44 in April 16, 2009 @ 4:20 pm

that sucks skills was one of my fav. secondary characters, he adds comic to the show

8. Comment by Mus!c in April 16, 2009 @ 4:21 pm

Antwon really sucked… I’m gonna miss Skills next year any way, ’cause I liked him very much! :'(

9. Comment by Alyssa in April 16, 2009 @ 4:28 pm

Wow. thats really sad. Poor Jamie :[ with no Skills. I actually loved Skills as a secondary. ugh. wow. good goin, antwon

10. Comment by lanalolo in April 16, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

I’m sorry for Antwon, but I ain’t gonna miss Skills. He pissed me off lately.

11. Comment by veronica in April 16, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

wow this is so random and shocking!

12. Comment by I love Deb in April 16, 2009 @ 4:39 pm

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions so quickly, we haven’t heard his side of the story on anything yet. Haven’t you guys known people that have been charged with things they may have not had as big of a role in??

13. Comment by ivana in April 16, 2009 @ 4:41 pm

That sucks…

14. Comment by lucasandpeytontruelovealways in April 16, 2009 @ 4:53 pm

this sucks
    i love him
    but i hope “i love deb”
    is right
    though there isent a big chance

15. Comment by sara in April 16, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

WHERE ARE YOU GETTING ALL OF THIS NEWS FROM…IS IT OUT IN THE NEWS

16. Comment by OND-obsessive naley disorder in April 16, 2009 @ 5:13 pm

skills wasted screentime with the whole deb/skills shitty storyline.
    so im not really disappointed at all.

and if antwon commited a crime,he should get what he deserves.

17. Comment by Cerys in April 16, 2009 @ 5:17 pm

Well I didn’t know Antwon was 34. :O
    and if they write him out then it probably means there will be more Mouth scenes UGH!
    Bad times for Skills

18. Comment by jennifer in April 16, 2009 @ 5:19 pm

TMZ said something like it affects his one tree hill pay checks.

19. Comment by Amy in April 16, 2009 @ 5:26 pm

sara, the links are at the bottom of the articles

20. Comment by sara in April 16, 2009 @ 5:52 pm

thank you amy…i guess i was just completely blind/shocked when i first looked at the article

21. Comment by kiki in April 16, 2009 @ 6:16 pm

speechless about antwon tanner
    sad…. about skillz

22. Comment by OTH Fan in April 16, 2009 @ 6:55 pm

Cerys, you’re an idiot, I love Mouth. But this is terrible news about Antwon… especially for his kids.

23. Comment by kiki in April 16, 2009 @ 6:59 pm

he has kids???
    since when????

24. Comment by Brightlight in April 16, 2009 @ 8:03 pm

I just hope his kids and wife don’t surfer from having their Dad and Husband end up in Jail for some years.

25. Comment by Ash in April 16, 2009 @ 8:16 pm

Antwon isn’t married anymore, He was back in 99/01 but the divorced because I think she cheated on him, I can’t remember. I think he has a girlfriend now that keeps been with for 2 years or so not sure.

He has for kids actually 2 boy and 2 girls. The oldest Daughter is 15, the other one is 14. He has a 10 old son and I believe the other one is 5 or 6 year old son not really sure. Just know that the girls are older then their brothers.

26. Comment by kiki in April 16, 2009 @ 8:21 pm

wow i had no idea he had 4 kids
    wow and hes 34?
    and he did this?
    wow im in shock

if your numbers are right that means he had his daughter at 19

WOW i am speechless about everything

27. Comment by Ashley in April 16, 2009 @ 8:32 pm

IM SOO SHOCKED ABOUT THIS! I have met Antwone 3 times! And he is the nicest guys out of all of the cast members! Always comes over to talk with you or take pictures! Ive known all along about him being 30 something and having kids! I cant believe he did this! I hope its not all completly true or something! OTH without skills and leyton is gonna SUCK! Maybe it will work out so that he can come back and im still praying that leyton comes back too!

28. Comment by kristen in April 16, 2009 @ 8:36 pm

i’m beyond shocked. i really don’t know what to say.

29. Comment by Caterin in April 16, 2009 @ 9:18 pm

OMG! I can’t BELIEVE this story. Why on earth would he do dumb sh** like that and ruin his career.

30. Comment by OTHgilmore4life-naley baby in April 16, 2009 @ 10:04 pm

OMG NO SKILLS WTF AHH THIS SUCKS SHIT!!! i love skills hes soooooo histerical

31. Comment by OTH4ever in April 16, 2009 @ 11:19 pm

As far as I’m concerned I’m sure there’s more to this story than what has been printed. A person is still innocent until proven guilty. So until then I for one will continue to believe the best of him.

32. Comment by Tiffany Tanner in April 16, 2009 @ 11:36 pm

umm… this is his WIFE and he is NOT divorced!! u fans should save ur judgment until everything is worked out.. don;t jump to conclusions just because it made the news!!!!

33. Comment by Tiffany Tanner in April 16, 2009 @ 11:39 pm

and furthermore.. Antwon has and will always be a GOOD guy!!! He has been acting for over 13 yrs and has NEVER been in anyyy trouble!! if u are a real ANTWON TANNER fan u will not let this affect what u think of him,.. believe it or not.. ur comments do hurt him..

34. Comment by Naley Naley in April 17, 2009 @ 12:01 am

So Sad I actually wanted to see more of skills.

FYI Tiffany tanner is a fake who goes on all of Antwon Tanner related sites and proclaims to be the wife of Antwon Tanner. Don’t be fooled.

35. Comment by gina in April 17, 2009 @ 12:27 am

whoever wrote this article should learn to research their facts first.. 1. hes not a football player on oth hes a basketball player.. 2. the name of the movie was coach carter not coach taylor.. has nothing to do with the article itself but with being so careless about little common known facts like that makes it lose its credibility to me.

36. Comment by I love Deb in April 17, 2009 @ 12:33 am

Are we for sure that Tiffany Tanner is a fake? That would be great if not. Anyway, like I said above, lets wait and see where this ends up. Not that I know Antwon personally, but he just seems like he has his head on right. Anyone can get mixed up in the wrong stuff at times, I have even been there myself.

37. Comment by TAYLOR in April 17, 2009 @ 1:03 am

He does have a gf and if its tiffany im with you all the way ive been one of his biggest fans and ppl shouldnt listen to wat they hear.im praying for you and him and your kids tell him dont let these hatters bother him.

38. Comment by Tiffany Tanner in April 17, 2009 @ 3:31 am

ummm NALEY… whoever u are.. this IS his wife.. we have been together for 11 yrs and married for 4 boo… but like I said.. if u are his real fan u wont pass judgment on him… he is reading what everyone says. and if u dont believe this is his wife naley.. u can go on facebook and look me up.. Tiffaney tanner.. got pics to prove it sweetheart! lol

oh and THANK u TAYLOR for the prayers.. we appreciate them.. :)

39. Comment by Emz in April 17, 2009 @ 4:29 am

if this is true not cool did he think he could of got away with it?!

cant believe he wont be back i thought he was ace really funny on the show…thats someone else not back for next season…not looking good!

40. Comment by sillyslicker in April 17, 2009 @ 5:29 am

No!!! :( I’m so sad for him and for OTH :( There can’t be no Skills. I’ve been reading comments about this at a few different sites and some people are being mean. We don’t know if he actually did it or if there are other facts that we don’t know about, but even if he did do this, it doesn’t make him a bad person, people. If he’s guilty, I hope he doesn’t get too big of a punishment.

I wonder what’s going to happen with Skills :(

41. Comment by LoveNaley#1 in April 17, 2009 @ 6:18 am

Why did he have to do that???!!!

42. Comment by Brucas4evah in April 17, 2009 @ 8:56 am

Ah crap.

43. Comment by stefny0 in April 17, 2009 @ 10:41 am

Seeems lyk he needed cash and maybe oth cant provide dat much since they already have probs mangaing chad and hils demands but what antwon did was stupid but when yur in trouble you do certain things
    i’lll miss him he was funny

44. Comment by Naley Naley in April 17, 2009 @ 11:17 am

ummm…”Tiffany Tanner” why don’t you post a link to your facebook with you and your “husband”

45. Comment by tay tay in April 17, 2009 @ 8:14 pm

Why are you @’ naley @’ watever your name is worried about if she real I don’t care I just hope antwon is ok.and ppl that are leaving mean comments shut the hell up.if yall don’t know wats going on

46. Comment by Lil Miss Know It All in April 18, 2009 @ 1:10 am

The news is o0o and the people saying that people are innocent until proven guilty are completely correct. We don’t know the whole story so all we can do is sit here and wait for more news. As a fan of the show and his I do pray for him and his family. And instead of crucifying the man support him. If anyone is truly a fan of a person you wouldn’t step down just because they are in trouble. You stand beside the person.

47. Comment by bb in April 22, 2009 @ 2:07 pm

this is very unfortunate that he made these terrible decisions knowing that he has children to look after. in the end no one will suffer but his children. I go to church with his sons mother in pittsburgh and from what i hear he hasnt even visited his son once! its a shame cuz the little dude is sooo cute and looks just like him. im not sure if he is guilty of this ss sceme but he is guilty of bieng a dead beat and for that i have no sympathy. God dont like ugly!

48. Comment by Frankie in April 22, 2009 @ 4:03 pm

Ok…bb youre going alil too far.Im friends with antwon and he has seen his son and you shouldnt put shit like that on this.He’s going threw enough as it is with these so call fans putting him down why in the world are you trying to bring his family into this.You’re just extra drama.While you at church you need to pray and ask god to forgive you for gossiping and starting shit.Antwon my heart goes out to you and your fam having to deal with stupid ppl like this bb person.Real fans keep supporting him….and spread the love

49. Comment by ashley in April 22, 2009 @ 4:16 pm

Yeah tell her frankie!!!!People are stupid:(bringing that man kids into this.im a real fan and im spreadind the love.No matter what they say i love you skills.:) i know you didnt do that shit.If you read this antwon.Dont worry about bb she just stupid.lol.

50. Comment by ashley in April 22, 2009 @ 4:19 pm

Oh yeah and Tiffany if you are his wife.Girlfriend your lucky your man is Hott!!!!and i think its great that your standing up for him

51. Comment by othfan4life/iluvchad in April 22, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

wow!!!crazy!!!i seen what that bb girl said earlier i just didnt want to say nothing.So thx frankie for being the first to tell bb to shut the hell up.Now i can “Shut the hell Up”.His baby momma dont need to tell yo ass shit. You crazy.Antwon I love you!!!! I jus hope you dont let this shit get ya down if i knew her i would kick her ass.lol.Dumb bitch!.Anyway i love you skills.You was so cute monday just hope you dont end up with that teacher.lol.!!!!!Spreading da luvvvvv!!!!!!

52. Comment by Cali#1sexydiva. in April 22, 2009 @ 5:58 pm

ok im in love with james but i dont think antwon did that so im spreading the love.i hope im not wronge he said not guilty so it will be a trial.Hope hes innocent.LOTS OF LOVE.ANTWON.Can i spread the love to james to for being so sexy,and steven,chad. All yall fine.LMAO.AND BB U SUCK.

53. Comment by ashley in April 22, 2009 @ 6:00 pm

james is fine Cali#1sexydiva but this is Antwons moment.lol.Plus Chad look better.

54. Comment by ladybug in April 22, 2009 @ 9:51 pm

!!!!!I Love Gossip Girls!!!!!!!!!!jk.lol.lol.lol…i really dont look at oth.but i met antwon in wilmington.hes sweet so you people lay off hes a nice guy.i dont no if he did that ss shit so no comment i just know hes a nice guy

55. Comment by JoAnn in May 6, 2009 @ 4:34 pm

Tiffany- Hi honey long time no see ot talk. I heard about boo and all will work out for the best. Moreover, do not fall into the negativity of some peoples comments and you need not prove nothing to no one. You peoples know the truth about you and Antwon. Find me on Face Book.

xoxo