Apr 27,2009

Episode 21 A Kiss to Build a Dream On Reaction

I  really liked tonight’s episode.  There was no OMG moments.  But it was a nice, smooth ride.  Here are a few thoughts.

• Skills and Jamie were cute.  Skills and Jamie’s teacher were cuter.  Her s.e.x. line was hilarious.
  • I really am liking the Nathan and Coach relationship.  I think it reminds me of Whitey.  No, he isn’t as funny as Whitey but there’s a warmth between him and Nathan that I really like.  Really hope Haley is right that Nathan will get a call from the NBA.  I’m ready already!  Two seasons of Nathan coming back from the bottom.
  • I really liked Nick Lachey on the show tonight.  His lines were a lot funnier than I thought they’d be and I loved Haley’s song he sang.
  • Victoria and Sam are great together.  I felt bad for Brooke that it did seem Victoria was trying a do-over with Sam.  But Victoria and Sam are funny together.
  • I loved the flashbacks with Lucas and Peyton.  It’s sort of like seeing Season 4.5.  The Comet has always meant a lot to Peyton but I can see even more now why it means so much to them…they have to make all their babies in the back seat! LOL The title of the ep is a nice reference to all the kissing they did back then and all that came after it.  I also liked Peyton’s statement that she had a lot of dreams wrapped up in him.
  • Mia and Chase are cute together but something made me cringe when Chase said he just thought he was in love with Brooke.  I wanted to defend Brooke even though they hadn’t been together in a long time.

What’d you think?

This entry was posted on Monday, April 27th, 2009 at 10:13 pm and is filed under Season 6 Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

53 Responses to “Episode 21 A Kiss to Build a Dream On Reaction”

1. Comment by steph in April 27, 2009 @ 10:21 pm

LEYTON!!!! all of their dreams and promises are coming true! those last scenes were to die for… loved them! but nathans basketball… jamies dance… chase/mia… GAG!

2. Comment by Danika in April 27, 2009 @ 10:33 pm

Oh, I loved Nathans basketball! I always do.
    Leyton.. I loved their flashbacks.. wasnt a fan of Peytons hair. Loved the colour but you could tell it was fake. And I thought it would be curlier then that. But whatever, the scenes were cute!!
    Jamies dance.. oh god.. Im sorry but there 5 years old!! It just bothered me. lol.
    Nick Lachey was hilarious. Wouldnt mind having him around for a while longer.
    Chase and Mia.. meh.. whatevs.
    NO MOUTH AND MILLIE!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!!!! sorry.. to the people that like them.. i just cant stand them anymore.
    And Victoria?? oh wow.. she kinda freaked me out sometimes.. way too nice. lol
    Overall.. loved the episode. Especially the Leyton scenes.

3. Comment by Lindsey in April 27, 2009 @ 10:34 pm

i agree with you about brooke, it just makes you wonder if you can trust who they tell you they love, or if they just “thought” it was real.

4. Comment by LeytonTLA in April 27, 2009 @ 10:35 pm

so much better than last week! other than Jamie, Nathan, and Mia’s storylines i thought this episode was pretty good. normally i don’t find Victoria and Brooke’s storylines too entertaining… but them and Sam weren’t all that bad tonight, they actually held my attention.

and Leyton were SO great. i was so afraid that this week was going to be another let down, but i was very impressed! i loved hearing them make promises about getting married and having babies… and Lucas telling Peyton that he was “going to hold her to it” was really sweet.

big step up from last week… cant wait till next week!

5. Comment by OTHforlife in April 27, 2009 @ 10:45 pm

Found it funny that Peyton is actually the reason Luke got called to NY and met Lindsey!!! Oh Geeez! That was so OTH.

6. Comment by IamSam in April 27, 2009 @ 10:49 pm

Hilarie’s wig made me laugh hard. LOOOOL What was that? Couldn’t pay attention to the whole thing though, was babysitting. :( gotta watch it again. What a big effort. LOL

7. Comment by LooooveLEYTON! in April 27, 2009 @ 10:49 pm

great episode! peytons wig in the flashbacks was awful, but that doesnt even matter because leyton was amazing! lucas fixing the comet for peyton is awesome. the fact that he told her that it was unfixable and was convinced that they should just get a new one, but then decided to do the work and fix it just shows how much the car means to him, and how he’ll do anything for peyton, i love it. loved the brooke/victoria/sam tonight too.. surprisingly!

“i never said i loved the cure, i said i loved kissing you to the cure” –so cute!

8. Comment by LooooveLEYTON! in April 27, 2009 @ 10:53 pm

and the ass slap from lucas in the flashback! loved it :D

9. Comment by Amber in April 27, 2009 @ 11:12 pm

well I live in utah so 30 minutes into the show the cw was having “technical difficulties” for 15 minutes then when that was done the rest of the hour was some rearun of two and a half men!! I was so mad I didn’t get to watch the rest =( =/

10. Comment by Honey in April 27, 2009 @ 11:31 pm

Okay. i am the only one who thought the flash back was unnecessary. they have no more story lines.

11. Comment by OthDr in April 27, 2009 @ 11:35 pm

I also LOVED the Leyton flashbacks I thought they were great……and I agree the ass slap was cute and finally we saw Leyton kissing they hadn’t kissed since like episode 16.

12. Comment by steph in April 27, 2009 @ 11:43 pm

why were the flashbacks unnecessary? they were just confirming that leyton have wanted to get married and have kids for a long time, and that their dreams are finally coming true… and lucas was just reminiscing about that. call me crazy but i think the flashbacks were some of the most interesting scenes that we’ve gotten in a while. they were new and refreshing and informative. leyton are the only ones with any storylines left… everyone ELSE are the ones that are lacking storylines

13. Comment by Amanda in April 27, 2009 @ 11:53 pm

I second you!!

– I loved the last scenes with Lucas and Peyton. So awesome with the flashbacks as well. My favorite parts in this episode
    – Jamie and Skills are so cute together
    – Nick did have some funny lines too in Tric

those are just some of my favorite parts. I enjoyed the episode as always though:)

14. Comment by Jarrod in April 28, 2009 @ 12:02 am

I enjoyed tonight’s episode! Brooke and her catchy comments were just like awesome and I love the whole Brooke-Sam-Victoria thing. Yay with the whole standing up to Victoria! Not sure about the whole Nick Lachey storyline. He made an appearance on Charmed when it went downhill so I’m all “Don’t do this to OTH yo!” I honestly would’ve rather have seen them throw Chris Keller back into the mix! The Peyton and Lucas scenes were pretty cute, except her wig! Why did she need that you could so tell? Here’s to hoping the rest of the season keeps going up!

15. Comment by Natalie in April 28, 2009 @ 12:10 am

So much better than last week. I really enjoyed the LP and Brooke/Victoria scenes, everything else was lame. Especially Mia/Chase and Jamie’s dance.

16. Comment by LeytonTLA in April 28, 2009 @ 12:21 am

i’m sorry but to me, the flashbacks were anything but “unnecessary”. i think its great that they confirmed for us that getting married and having kids is something that Leyton have planned on for a while, and something that they both truly wanted. with Peyton’s accidental pregnancy happening so soon in their relationship, its nice to know that having kids really is something that they have always planned on… instead of something that they are just stuck with because it happened by accident.

these flashbacks showed us that Lucas wasnt just rushing into a relationship with Peyton after him and Lindsey ended. they showed us that this is the way that it is SUPPOSED to be, and this is what Lucas and Peyton wanted to happen ever since high school. i think a lot of people needed that reassurance that this isnt a joke, and it isnt Lucas stupidly rushing into just any other relationship. this is what they both truly wanted for their future… and its finally happening for them

17. Comment by LooooveLEYTON! in April 28, 2009 @ 12:28 am

^PERFECTLY said LeytonTLA! those flashbacks definitely had meaning, purpose, and significance to them. they showed that the want for lucas and peyton to get married and have a family goes back wayyy further than just a spare of the moment idea in 6.01, it goes all the way back to like 5 or 6 years before that. lucas was remembering that, and taking in the fact that they are finally where they wanted to be :)

18. Comment by naley in April 28, 2009 @ 12:47 am

i love goodguy nathan but sometimes he seems too nice now, lets have some badness back in him, or at least show it with haley. i loved how she was giving him a massage.. and haley rubbing down nathan is always a plus in my book, i wish we could’ve seen a little bit of the happy ending… im sorry but a dance for 5 year olds.. so wrong .. i think if they wanted to play that angle, they would’ve made it someones bday or something .. and andre cute, chuck not! .. i like how they brought victoria back, she really fires up the screen and gives something else to brooke besides julian.. although i am getting tired of sam.. why wasnt lucas interacting with anyone else? i think itd be good if nathan or jamie helped him with the car .. i like how haley is also exploring all the side of music in the songwriting/producing aspect, finally she’s doing something .. now nathan’s storyline is getting very redudant and eh.. though i like him and bobby together .. not a bad episode but not the best either.. a little more fire with naley and it would’ve def. elevated the show

19. Comment by Nemo in April 28, 2009 @ 1:03 am

Jamie is getting out of hand. I work at a daycare and I hang around 5 years old kids all day. And all the 5 year old boys that I know, hate girls. And they don’t act like they’re 8, 9, or 10 years old. It’s making me mad because it’s annoying. I agree with Naley. a 5 year old dance is crazy. Mark needs to realize that Jackson doesn’t act the age at all.

20. Comment by madison in April 28, 2009 @ 1:08 am

Good episode, I also enjoyed hearing my own name in an oth episode! Haha. It was a nice ride, but the chase saying he only thought he loved brooke made me sad. That really took away from what had happened, he really made brooke happy and better. But overall good, and nick lachey can stick around as long he wants too!! :)

21. Comment by OTHgilmore4life-naley baby in April 28, 2009 @ 1:44 am

^^^naley, i completely agree with you, i kinda wish we could see more badass nathan!!! and more badass naley, but i guess we get that in like 2 more episodes AAAAAAHHHHHHH cant wait for that one!!! yea naley definately needed more fire tonight !!!!

22. Comment by OTHforeverandalways in April 28, 2009 @ 1:45 am

One Tree Hill 6.22 Promo “Show Me How to Live”

23. Comment by naomi in April 28, 2009 @ 1:53 am

sorry but i think the whole flashback sequence was “trying” to prove to fans that leyton were meant to be. mark did a shitty job trying to convince fans that leyton were meant to be from the start.lindsey…and proposing 2 minutes later to peyton? gay. the flashback was trying to make up for it. i’m not convinced though. and nice wig for peyton. wtf

24. Comment by LooooveLEYTON! in April 28, 2009 @ 3:00 am

LP ARE meant to be, deal with it. we already knew that. tonights episode just further confirmed it. it wasnt “making up” for anything

25. Comment by Alyssa in April 28, 2009 @ 3:23 am

ehh..I personally didnt think it was a great episode. Idk. Everything just seemed…short. I dont know how to explain it. Dont get me wrong, I do love fun epi’s when the storyline isnt neccessarily progressing, but i felt like this one wasnt that funny to me.

And its weird that it bothered me but…in nick lacheys song written by Haley it kept saying “she” and “her”. the whole song was obviously written by a guy. Its really dumb but that bothered me. ha!

26. Comment by Violet in April 28, 2009 @ 4:01 am

I love nathan’s comeback story. It has been the only one with a real continuity, without fack jumps like Brooke from Owen to Julian. Just a smooth transition through hard work and a lot of growing up! I loved the combine showing a reallly chaged nathan Scott! When he didn’t answered back I was like: Finally!!! He got it right this time!

27. Comment by Luv me some Julian in April 28, 2009 @ 6:30 am

Naomi, you are so right on about that.

28. Comment by charlene aka chacha in April 28, 2009 @ 6:47 am

Not a bad episode :) I also liked the s.e.x line lol…and how cute was it Jamie holding the little girls hand :) I felt bad for Brooke with the whole Victoria thing…I mean she never took Brooke shopping lol…I really miss Julain :( Nick was good the whole virginity thing was a laugh :lol: like you said Amy it was a smooth episode :) can’t wait till next week :)

29. Comment by Jamie in April 28, 2009 @ 6:58 am

LP saved this episode. Everything else was boring.

30. Comment by Leyton=TLA in April 28, 2009 @ 6:58 am

OMG the title is so inspirational like thats their dream what peyton said and then they kissed that was AWESOME!!!!cant wait till next week oh and does anybody know the cure song that was playing??

ps i researched plcenta previa (what peyton has) and it basically said that theyre 3 different possible kinds and it cant harm the baby in any way there’s juat the risk of the hemerging part for the mother but it said nothing about death so im guessing its just the possibility that she could bleed to death

31. Comment by Jennifer in April 28, 2009 @ 7:48 am

I Loved last night episode! All the Leyton moments were so sweet and I loved the flashbacks, and I loved Nick Lachey on there, and the song he sang! It was awesome. I also liked what was going on with Brooke and Sam and her mom. Overall great episode. Cant wait for next weeks!

32. Comment by Tiffany in April 28, 2009 @ 7:53 am

you’re right Naomi. the whole flashback thing was so contrived, it’s like giving irrelevant statistics to back up some outrageous claim. I’m not dillusional and know Leyton is endgame, that’s fine but I don’t buy it -never have and never will. It’s also disturbing seeing how much CH aged since season 4, not in a good way and that made the flashback more nausiating to watch.
    I’m always so disappointed watching new episodes seeing that the show I used to love died a long time ago. They barely show Haley, Brooke is an emo mess that hardly resembles the fun, outgoing Davis of yesteryear, Luke is a cardboard cutout, Nathan is a less attractive version of himself who is trapped in groundhogs day, and Peyton lost her coolness. No voiceovers, no heart, hardly any core 5 interactions, and the two brothers dealing with life, love and basketball…well that’s no longer what it’s about it either. Before some immature comments surface about not watching the show anymore, I probably won’t after the finale in a few weeks and that’s just to finish what I started. I’m glad Mark can slap together some mess and as long as certain ships get what they want then it’s ok with them – good for you guys. really. I just expected more from the characters and story, all of them. I cared about the journey, not the destination and now that’s been ruined too.

33. Comment by naomi in April 28, 2009 @ 8:34 am

yess!! im glad people are agreeing with me. seriously the whole flashback thing made me burst out with laughter. are the oth workers getting extremely lazy or something? chad could at least have shaved and not done his annoying squinting face he always does with hilarie. those two always bring out the worst in each other acting wise. hilarie was only bearable to watch when she was with bryan. leytoners are obviously going to disagree because they are gullible enough to believe the “meant to be” crap but yes the flashbacks are more reason to shove leyton down our throats and make them seem that they are epic. mark you are a genius. not

34. Comment by Emily in April 28, 2009 @ 9:42 am

I really loved last night’s episode. Mark is a genius.
    Skills and Jamie were so ctue!
    Skills and Jamie’s teacher were so cute!
    Jamie and Madison were so cute! I loved them holding hands together.Maybe they will be together forever at Tree Hill? I don’t want this show to end!

35. Comment by lo in April 28, 2009 @ 10:02 am

Im not sure if i was a fan of last night?

I am deff loving NALEY!!!!! I also love the coach and nathans relationship…I think it is nice.

Skills and Jamie were fab!!!!! They are so adorable together. And when jamie was holding the little girls hand.awwww it was so cute!

Mia/chace- so not needed……I thought it was so awakward…

I actually like V and Sams relationship…idk why, but i think they are funny together

I am a huge brooke fan, but i am really getting sick of her always being sad… I miss the old bad ass brooke! She doesnt have that awesome sassyness that we all watched her have when she was in high school. she acts like she is 30 when she is only 22 or 23……. But i still love love love her!!!!!!!!!

Leyton- I am kinda just like whateves with them…Idk? I get that they are madly in love with eachother, but it is just too much love for me….and the writers are just dragging out the whole baby drama!!!! WE all know Both the BABY and PEYTON are going to be FINE!!!!! So im just over it!

Other than that it was better than last week!

36. Comment by CRT in April 28, 2009 @ 10:27 am

another disappointing episode unfortunately, i think alot of people enjoyed it because leyton had a decent amount of screen-time which was ABOUT their relationship, which is fair enough. but i personally think it was very contrived and could have been more interesting (and i love leyton most of the time, not so much recently) tiffany, i totally agree with you about the evolution of our beloved show! especially, the evaluation of all the characters these days.
    one more thing…jamie, used to love the kid (c’mon he;s a product of naley) but check out what the kid has been up to these last few episodes. its like they have to put him in every situation imaginable that they think will be amusing…but seriously enough.

37. Comment by steph in April 28, 2009 @ 10:28 am

good lord people the flashbacks were not that bad! the point of them wasnt to show us how great of a makeover they can do on chad and hil to make them look younger… the point was the context of them. picking every little thing apart about them, even down to leytons appearance is just ridiculous. im sorry if you “dont buy” leytons story and that they are meant to be but guess what… there are TONS of people out there that DO buy it, and have bought it since day 1. so i guess ALL of us are just THAT “gullible”? please. maybe youre just bitter?

so if you dont like leyton and didnt like last nights episode for them, then good for you. but there are plenty of us that DID like it, and we liked it for a reason. because it actually had meaning and substance… unlike any of the other characters storylines. if you want to be nit-picky and pick apart everything about leytons story then go right ahead. but lets face it, without them, this season is a complete and utter WASTE

38. Comment by I love Deb in April 28, 2009 @ 10:55 am

I agree 100% with Tiffany. Although I will continue to watch just because some OTH is better than no OTH, I just do not get the same enjoyment from watching. I absolutely loved the twists and turns of the high school years.

Like Tiffany said, there are no voiceovers, no core 5, and really the entire basis of the show has drastically changed. Like I said, I will continue to watch, but it is really disappointing to see the new episodes these days.

I also agree with people earlier saying that Nathan, and everyone else for that matter, is just too ‘good’ now. I mean think of all the drama that used to happen on the show. We do not have any hookups anymore, everyone is just one big happy family…. BLAH!!!

Does not make for great tv in my opinion. Like I said though, due to my allegiance to the show in the past, I will continue to watch until the end.

39. Comment by LeytonKillsBrucas! in April 28, 2009 @ 11:01 am

totally agree steph. leyton are the only ones on the show that are actually telling ANY story, and they are the only ones with a storyline that isnt repetitive and is actually progressing. the rest of the show is nathans basketball that we’ve been watching since freaking SEASON ONE, haley (with barely any scenes) working on her music which is also getting boring and pointless, brooke whining over yet another boy. but lucas and peyton are actually doing something NEW and progressive in their stories. theyre lives are actually moving forward, instead of everyone else who is pretty much standing still and in the same boat they were in last year… with the same dull storylines (clearly because they dont HAVE anymore storylines left in them). oh and we CANT forget jamie/mia/chase/mouth, and how amazing their storylines are this season! (end sarcasm). leyton are saving this season. period.

40. Comment by lori8 in April 28, 2009 @ 11:43 am

Flashbacks were terrible! Lucas looked like he was 30 when he was supposed to be 18…Peyton’s wig was terrible…and hilarie’s acting was bizarre

41. Comment by naomi in April 28, 2009 @ 12:04 pm

im bitter because i don’t buy leytons cheesy love story? lol wow. u must be one of those hopeless romantics, steph.

42. Comment by :D in April 28, 2009 @ 12:20 pm

could of made chad look a lot different with a shave and a diffrent hairstyle..hilaries wig was just AWFUL…but the actual flashback storyline wasnt bad though they were’nt amazing…i understand why people didnt really like it coz they just hate LP full stop and the greatest scene ever made wouldnt change their mind…and i dont agree with this ->

“i think the whole flashback sequence was “trying” to prove to fans that leyton were meant to be.”

the whole point of the flashbacks was to show memories with the comet and possibly to show that LP talked about the future eg.babies,marriage

all the proof u need that leyton are meant to be is in the pilot! (lol sorry the leyton fan in me was just dying to say that!)

finally ….OMG where have u been for the past 6 years naomi!???..Chad does the squinting thing with every actor..NOT just hilarie…i mean its Lucas’s thing! people in the actual storyline have said that lucas always does it….

43. Comment by steph in April 28, 2009 @ 12:24 pm

So what if I am a hopeless romantic? since when is that a bad thing? my point is who are you to call leyton fans gullible just because we happen to see, and understand, and relate to leytons love story? Just because you can’t see it or relate to it doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with those of us who can

44. Comment by :D in April 28, 2009 @ 12:26 pm

naomi which couples do u like??? just out of interest..im guessing BL and JP?

45. Comment by Hooch in April 28, 2009 @ 12:30 pm

im totally with the people who are talking about the show’s decline..that is why this should be the last season coz everything is laid out perfect for a great end just like season 4….lol im just gna wait for the comments like “if u dont like it then dont watch it!”

46. Comment by LeytonTLA in April 28, 2009 @ 12:38 pm

actually Hooch, i think most people agree with you, i know i do! i think everyone has admitted at one point or another (even myself, as a huge LP fan) that the show has gone down hill greatly. i see no point at all in dragging it on for another season. to me the only good thing about this season is Leyton… they are the only thing keeping me watching. but for those people that aren’t Leyton fans… i have no idea what is keeping them entertained this season.

but i think a lot of us feel obligated to atleast finish this season… if not the rest of the series, just because we’ve been watching it for 6 seasons now, and have dedicated so much time in it… that we feel like we should atleast watch it to the end, and see how everything plays out. but i definitely agree… everyone could easily wrap up their storylines and get their happy ending this season. there is absolutely NO need for a season 7 for any of the characters’ storylines.

47. Comment by steph in April 28, 2009 @ 12:56 pm

^WORD leytontla!

48. Comment by lo in April 28, 2009 @ 1:08 pm

I agree Leyton TLA……

The show just isnt wat it was, which is just disapointing. Also we all know what is going to happen to Leyton.So it really isnt suspensfull anymore… The only characters that have stayed the same are skills and naley. I really miss when the core 5 were always with eachother, and they all didnt act like they were in there 30’s when in OTH time the are in there early 20’s…it just feels pushed and rushed.So idk what is going on? LMAO……FML hahahahha

49. Comment by Hooch in April 28, 2009 @ 2:41 pm

ino there all just 22! lol…

50. Comment by Ashley in April 28, 2009 @ 2:51 pm

Aside of CH appearance, the LP flashbacks were not that bad. IMO they were the best scenes of the episode.

51. Comment by Tutor Wife a.K.a Mrs. CMM~I'm having this baby... No, we're having this baby in April 28, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

loved this eps!

52. Comment by OTHgilmore4life-naley baby in April 28, 2009 @ 7:32 pm

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH TIFFANY and I love Deb!!!

i have loved this show since the beginning and i honestly dont think i could ever stop watching, no matter how bad the episodes get! i’ve devoted soo much of my life to this show and i will NEVER stop watching and i hope that it NEVER ends. hopefully OTH will return to be the show i fell in love with!!!!!

53. Comment by John in April 28, 2009 @ 7:53 pm