Posted by Amy with 90 Comments
It’s been a while since I had tears while watching One Tree Hill but tonight I had eyes full of them. All in one episode we find out that Haley’s dad has passed and Lydia is not far behind. Too much!
- Having Lydia back was fabulous. I have missed the adults/parents of the show so, so much. It was GREAT to see Haley turning to an adult for advice/help. It was great to see someone older and wiser giving advice. Just because our character are adults now doesn’t mean we can’t have people like this on the show. As much as I love Dan and Victoria they just weren’t filling that void for me. And tonight made me miss Keith and Karen SO MUCH.
- So here we have Lydia back only to find out she’s leaving soon. The final scene where it morphs into a photo years ago about tore my heart out. Beautifully done but so sad.
- I don’t think them telling us in a side conversation between Lydia and Clay about Haley’s dad was much fair. I know he never showed up much but ouch! That was hard to digest like that.
- Taylor’s reaction was ridiculous. But what else should we expect from Taylor.
- I don’t think it was fair of Lydia to expect so much from Haley. Haley needs a chance to process it too and I felt like that was too much.
- Nathan was sorely underutilized tonight. I felt like he was just carting Jamie around. Then again, that’s what we parents do in real life The final scene with Haley was great though. It was beautiful to see Haley leaning on Nathan like that.
- Miranda and Grubbs…love it. Go for it, both of you!
- Alex, my dear, please for the love respect yourself a little more. You barely even know the guy. Gross.
- Julian was sweet to Brooke. Again, it still irritates me that Brooke won’t be with him and yet is following him around. In the words of Stephanie Meyer, she’s such a masochist!
- And in the most random storyline tonight, glad Millie is getting some help.
- *UPDATED* Totally forgot to add that I love that Lydia got Quinn the studio and looking forward to storylines surrounding that@
All in all, a good episode. What did you think?
This entry was posted on Monday, February 8th, 2010 at 10:31 pm and is filed under Season 7 Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.