Apr 19,2011

8.18 Quiet Little Voices Reaction

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Nathan and Haley!  We have a little Lydia!  Was she not adorable??

And I want to be saying congratulations to Brooke and Julian but oh my, what a sad note to end this episode on.  I wanted to come out feeling extraordinarily happy for little Lydia but I have to say it was overshadowed by the loss for Brooke and Julian.  And not saying it shouldn’t be a big deal.  They both should be a big deal but I’m afraid Lydia’s moment got stolen.  Heck, we didn’t even get to see Nathan with the baby!

I don’t have all bad things to say.  Austin did a great job directing.  That shot of Brooke and Julian upset with Nathan in the background was heart-wrenching.  Brooke going in and having to hold Lydia was heart-wrenching.

I also enjoyed the mesh of flashbacks but I have to say, by the end it was a tad too much for my taste.  It seemed there was more time spent in the past than in the present and while I like the past much better, it only made the present look that much worse.    Sorry to be harsh but I think by the end I was itching for old scenes to get through just so we could move on with current time.  BUT I did especially enjoy seeing Nathan being so vulnerable with Haley back in the day and the scene with Dan made me want more Evil Dan!

The cracker scene was hilarious and I really hope to see outtakes of that on the DVD.  Clay had perfected the art of spraying cracker while talking.

I enjoyed Jamie’s voiceovers and loved Haley’s at the end even more.

I do have one more nitpick…not a fan of “Lydia Bob”.  Haley Bob rolls off your tongue but Lydia Bob feels hokey to me.

Music was outstanding this episode.  I wanted to buy every song.  Well done, Lindsay Wolfington.

All in all, a good episode.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Brooke and Julian as well as watching the Scott family adjust to a new little one.  And it looks like there is going to finally be some drama surrounding the car accident.

What’d you think?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 at 9:24 pm and is filed under Season 8 Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

61 Responses to “8.18 Quiet Little Voices Reaction”

1. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 9:37 pm

Lydia is such a beautiful little girl. So happy for Nathan and Haley. I loved their moments and flashbacks. However, I’m extremely upset over the fact that there was no Nathan/Haley/Lydia scene. They could of spared another scene of Brooke crying for a scene between NH and their daughter. I’m getting really sick of Brooke to be quite honest and felt no sympathy for her at all.

2. Comment by Addison in April 19, 2011 @ 9:44 pm

^I’ll just ditto everything you said. Another disappointing episode.

3. Comment by Claire in April 19, 2011 @ 9:49 pm

How long have we all waited to see Nathan with his daughter? Probably at least a few years. She is finally born, and we see Brooke hold the baby!?! I would have been okay with Jamie holding her first, but I mean we were seriously robbed of the first moments, of Nathan, Haley, and Lydia. The flashbacks were too much for me. I did not need a refresher on everything that has happened. Not a fan.

4. Comment by Alex in April 19, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

This episode was great! Those flashbacks were perfect, Austin did agreat job. What do you mean Brooke had no sympathy! She covered up her hurt and was happy for Nathan and Haley. Why can’t fans just love all the characters? What is with everyone hating Brooke! Awesome episode!

5. Comment by naley23 in April 19, 2011 @ 9:52 pm

I thought it was a pretty great, realistic episode that had heart with a little comedy thrown in. Beautifully acted and directed.

6. Comment by Alex in April 19, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

I loved the episode. The flashbacks were perfect! I agree with everything you said @Amanda and Austin did a great job. Brooke did so sympathy! She covered up her hurt and was happy for Nathan and Haley!

7. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Alex if you are talking to me I meant that I felt no sympathy for Brooke at all and didn’t care for her. It’s impossible for everyone to love all the characters, not just on this show but many other shows too. I don’t care that Brooke covered up her sadness, she wasn’t needed in the last scene with Haley/Lydia, Nathan and Jamie should of been there instead, or at least just Nathan.

8. Comment by Alex in April 19, 2011 @ 9:59 pm

Agree with everything, Amanda. Great episode and Austin did a great job. Loved the flashbacks!

9. Comment by Alex in April 19, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

sorry for double postings, my computer was acting up! lol

10. Comment by Rachael in April 19, 2011 @ 10:04 pm

I thought this episode was very disappointing. Way too many flashbacks and definitely not enough Naley time. I am a HUGE Brulian fan, but I think drama with Naley and Brulian could have been divided more equally…it is sooo frustrating. It is like Naley doesn’t even exist anymore. :( I guess I still cried and was glued to the TV during the episode….but Naley just wasn’t as celebrated as much as they should have been IMO. :)

11. Comment by hotandtwisted in April 19, 2011 @ 10:15 pm

I agree that the last scene should have been Nathan,Haley,Jamie and Lydia. That was a little disappointing. My favourite scene was the cracker scene. My sisters and I did that a lot when we were younger. I still do it when I eat crackers. I especially like that they showed sub-titles when they had their mouths full of crackers.

12. Comment by ginnys in April 19, 2011 @ 10:20 pm

Ok first the postive…lydia is adorable and haley looked so content and happy. Nathan telling haley the story of them getting together were adorable. Jamie was cute also.
    The negative….lydia bob really? Yes brulian thing was sad, but I agree with everyone who is disappointed that there wasn’t enough naley scenes. I mean come on we’ve waited a really long time and brulian overshadows. Why didn’t nathan hold lydia duh he’s the father….brooke should’nt have been first geez. All the flashbacks were good and well, but not really necessary, mark needs to understand give us more NALEY!!!! the episode was blah. The funniest part was clay/quinn and jamie stuffing the crackers in the mouth.

13. Comment by Juju in April 19, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

Why dont people understand that joy was pregnant herself and could spend all that time making a ton of naley scenes? Espically after her baby was born… I agree the flashbacks were over whelming and yes they showed more of brooke then haley but it wasnt all brulian there was alot of jamie and some nathan and other characters that was pretty evenly spread out. Like i said joy has more going on in her personal life with her own child so dont be to suprised if there isnt a ton of her the rest of the season, but you haters should be more understanding and stop complaining about the fact! Sorry for ranting, but over all good episode and good job austin!:)

14. Comment by naley23 in April 19, 2011 @ 10:28 pm

Juju-thats exactly what I was thinking. In an interview mark said they shot that episode a little before and some after bjg had her baby. So her time on screen was very limited, understandably so.

15. Comment by Addison in April 19, 2011 @ 10:34 pm

@juju The complaint is that in a scene that Joy WAS IN, it wasn’t Nathan with her and the baby, it was Brooke. Believe me, everyone realizes that Joy’s screentime in the ep was limited due to personal reasons, but that’s not the complaint. It’s who she shared the last scene with. It should have been with her husband and/or her husband and son since it’s their child. The scene should have been about them not about Brooke’s ongoing woes. And regardless of whether Joy/Haley was in the scene, the baby’s own father should have been shown with her in a scene this episode and should have been shown actually excited about the baby girl he has claimed to want so badly..well claimed prior to this season. This season he seems to want to be anywhere but with his wife/family.

16. Comment by naley23 in April 19, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

I see your point now (addison) but brooke holdin the baby wasn’t completely pointless; it was symbolic. I do understand where your comin from tho.

17. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

I agree with everything you said Addison.

I’m fine with Joy’s screen time this season, especially since she hasn’t been very limited until probably the last few episodes, but the fact that majority of her scenes are spent propping, praising, and being about Brooke is irritating. I wanted her scenes to be about her, scenes with Nathan discussing how happy they are about the baby, them picking out the name together, them getting ready to have the baby. Just scenes with her husband about the pregnancy that wouldn’t have been uncomfortable for Joy. I thought that at least this episode would give me NH with their daughter, but instead I get another scene of Brooke making that same awful sad face she has been making over and over again while holding NH’s daughter.

Also, don’t tell me to stop complaining, especially when you’re complaining also.

18. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 10:45 pm

Addison, I wasn’t talking to you in my last statement just in case you get confused about what I said.

19. Comment by Christy in April 19, 2011 @ 10:55 pm

So happy for Naley! So sad for Brulian! Definitely not a fan of Lydia Bob. And I was really psyched for the flashbacks, but I have to agree with Amy that there were a few too many for my taste. My biggest complaint of the night though? We didn’t get to see Nathan with the baby. Or Jamie. I was so looking forward to our first glimpse of the Scott family as a foursome.

20. Comment by Juju in April 19, 2011 @ 10:58 pm

Now i understand your guys view about the last scene but not everyone was complaining about that some keep bringing up limited haley in general. Yes maybe nathan should’ve had a scene with the baby at the end i totally agree but brookes scene wasnt totally pointless. And i’m not complaining about the episode or one tree hill. Everytime i come on her all i see is people who love the show enough to take time to write about it but all they do is complain about how its different and are caught up on the past. I dont want to start any agruments and i understand what your saying @ jess and what you were directing towards me.

21. Comment by Bturner in April 19, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

Ok, I consider myself a diehard OTH fan, so I hate to say this but I was completely bored with this episode. There were WAY too many flashbacks that lasted too long! Some of the flashbacks were not necessary. I could have done without the flashback of quinn/clay and wasnt really sure what the point of the one with dan/nathan was. I did enjoy the present tense sceens and I cant wait for next weeks episode!

Did anyone else notice the end said season finale, not series. It usually doesnt specify what the finale is, they always leave us guessing….

22. Comment by thatsfortrue in April 19, 2011 @ 10:59 pm

disappointed that after a 6-week hiatus we basically got a “clips” episode.

lydia bob? really?

no dan? no deb? no taylor?

23. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

@juju sorry it I sounded mean or rude, I don’t want to start arguments either, it’s just NH have been neglected a lot this season as a couple and they are the only reason I watch the show so it’s been hard for me to enjoy the show when they don’t get good material or many scenes together. They don’t have to be front and center, even though I would love that, but I would have been satisfied if they had put NH together more and not off propping other people all the time. All I wanted was to see them with Lydia, especially right after she was born, since they haven’t gotten much this season. It also hurts more not having a NHL scene since they showed how happy and excited NH were in the flashback when Jamie was born and just looking at this season and what we saw with Lydia has been disappointing. I’m not a Brooke fan at all, so her being in that scene was completely pointless to me, I didn’t need to see her with the baby at all.

24. Comment by Juju in April 19, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

Haha @jess i guess thats our issue i’m a big brooke fan! I understand where your coming from though.

25. Comment by othfan in April 19, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

not seeing nathan with lydia is almost inexcusable given that this was just about nathan becoming a dad again as haley being a mom and while joy had limited screentime which is completely understandable, nathan and lydia was pushed in the backburner.. jamie asks “when can i see her”.. im still asking the same thing. we couldnt even get jamie and lydia.

and for writing, the episode was very inconsistant. the start was a balance of two coupples awaiting a new baby and it was supposed to be one gets the baby while the other doesnt and the contrast in that, but we didnt get that just one sided and we didnt get to see the happiness of lydia being born, which almost made all the stuff about lydia through out the episode almost moot and pointless since there was no pay out in the end and fans have been waiting since season 5 for nathan to get a daughter.

26. Comment by Jess in April 19, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

Lol @juju, thanks for at least understanding because other places where I lay out what I feel I get crapped on telling me I should just get over it, so I’m glad you at least understand. I know where you’re coming from too though since you love Brooke. But, I’m sure everything will work out for Brooke in the end :) I’m hoping at least the last episode of the season will be fantastic for all the fans and that no character or couple gets thrown into the background.

27. Comment by ed fury in April 19, 2011 @ 11:51 pm

4 more episodes and it will all be over anyways. Will any of the moments from tonight’s episode be remembered?

I watch the reruns on soapnet almost daily even though I have seen them all so many times I can’t even begin to count and it just makes me sad to watch was is being produced and called One Tree Hill currently.

I have always said I would like to see 200 episodes and while that is still possible I feel that I have no connection with any of the characters anymore. I could care less about anything that happened to anyone tonight.

I feel like a traitor to the show but then when I sit and think about it longer I feel I am the one who has been betrayed. As a fan I expect more and am constantly let down every week.

Where was Mouth? Where was Skills? Where is Alex? Where is Chase? Where are Junk and Fergie? Where’s the rivercourt? Where are the Ravens? Where is Tree Hill?

On a positive note. The Naley and Brulian fans got plenty of screentime for their favs tonight even if a lot of it was repeats with all those flashback scenes.

28. Comment by Marikar in April 20, 2011 @ 3:28 am

Yeah this episode wasn’t too exciting. Too many flashbacks especially since Most were unnecessary aside from the naley ones. Anyone notice that the flashbacks had “new” footage that we haven’t seen before. In the naley ones, we were able to see more screen time that was deleted in the original aiirng or just different angles. The what I most enjoyed.

29. Comment by daniel in April 20, 2011 @ 5:29 am

Lydia Bob?! Is that the baby’s name (i didnt watch the episode)

Well, that is another reason why OTH ended for me after 8×13

30. Comment by B.Davis in April 20, 2011 @ 6:42 am
  31. Comment by ann in April 20, 2011 @ 6:54 am

what a letdown. I was so waiting for this episode. I loved the flashbacks of Naley . It made me see how great they were and what has become of them. I know that Joy is also pregnant and filming was probably difficult. I realize that they were trying to accomodate her and her condition, but come on. Was nathan
    in the delivery roon at all. Where was the scene where the whole family sees the baby. Brooke should not have been first one to see lydia. I know after I had my kids my husband and then my daughter were with me for hours afterwards.This episode was all about Brooke and Julian and Naley was thrown in as an afterthought. It really took away from the moment that all us Naley fans have been waiting for years. Jamie was not planned , this baby was. I would have like to have seen them show anticipate this birth with joy and anticipation beeing that they are older and have experienced they joy of having a child. Again the buildup was all in our mind.

32. Comment by Amanda in April 20, 2011 @ 8:30 am

Ok so my thoughts on the episode last night… Loved the beginning with Nathey and Haley and Jamie… and the first 3 flashbacks (jamie being born, nathan learning it was gonna be a boy at the championship, and the first kiss) Haley asking for a story reminded me of myself in labor = however my husband had more of an imagination and told me the story of a girl named Pigsley Puttons!

And I also loved the ending. Brooke supressing her hurt to be their for her friends shows a HUGE amount of strength. Loev Haley’s voiceover! My favorite one of the season so far!

Not a big fan of everything else. In my opinion it was a bit of overkill with the amount of flashbacks. I kind of feel Austin was robbed as a director. It was his first time directing and he got what like 20o minutes of new footage!! :( Wish it would have been a bit more in the present! But I am not gonna spend the whole time complaining! :)

Happy Wednesday everyone. Next week looks great, lets hope so! :)

33. Comment by Sam in April 20, 2011 @ 8:39 am

i loved the episode ! can’t wait to see what will happen in the last ones !!!

34. Comment by Ashleigh in April 20, 2011 @ 10:01 am

In my opinion this was one of the better episodes this season. The show is all about the strong bonds between the characters, and even if flashbacks is what gets OTH back to the heart of the show – so be it. All of the flashbacks were great moments that were somewhat pivotal for the plot of the show (especially Naley). Yes, a lot of time wasn’t spent in the present, but it was still a great “Mark Schwan-esque” episode. So much of the plots this season have lacked heart, and this episode gave me the same heartwarming feelings that OTH usually delivers.

35. Comment by bootsie in April 20, 2011 @ 10:04 am

Too many flashbacks for me, but otherwise I enjoyed it. I really didn’t see the point of the Quinn/Clay flashbacks at all, I mean, it just happened, practically.

Just as Naley fans think Brooke fans should just be patient and wait for her to be happy, as a Brooke fan I’d say that’s true, just as y’all should be patient because I’m pretty sure we’ll seen several cute and touching scenes with the whole Nathan Scott family. It was just one episode, and the point of the whole episode was the totally different outcomes of the anticipated joys of MOTHERHOOD. Haley got hers, Brooke didn’t, so that’s why the ending showed those two together. And another theme of this season seems to be the relationship between Haley and Brooke, and how it’s grown and deepened. So, again, the scene ends with those two. It’s nothing against Nathan, but the show is a lot about DRAMA, and there is no drama between Nathan and Haley anymore, just love. I really don’t get all the negativity.
    And I thought Sophia did a wonderful job showing her heartbreak and trying to mask it for her best friend’s sake. I thought Joy did a great job too, the whole “tell me a story” thing was great. That scene alone was great for Naley-only lovers, I’d think.

36. Comment by Jess in April 20, 2011 @ 11:39 am

I think NH with Lydia would have been way more important than BH with Lydia. Just because there is no drama between NH doesn’t mean we should be neglected a scene between them with their child after she was born. We should of seen Nathan holding his baby daughter way before Brooke. If they were going to show Brooke holding Lydia than their should of been at least a NHJ/Lydia scene before that. If they have enough time to show Chole, a character whose been on the show for about two episodes, with her baby and father of her child together, then they should of been able to show NH with their baby too. It just doesn’t make sense. It was a HUGE letdown for me since NH have been neglected as a couple this season and I finally thought they would at least give us this episode by showing them happy and excited after their daughter was born..but I didn’t even get that. Also, judging by spoilers I will have to wait a few episodes before getting anything good between NH, so I’m not satisfied at all.

37. Comment by bootsie in April 20, 2011 @ 12:06 pm

Honestly, I’m still not getting it. To me it seems like all the disappointed NH fans are just looking for slights where sometimes there is one and sometimes there isn’t. I mean, I could come on here and say “how come BROOKE never gets a voice-over, she’s had like 1 or 2 the entire SHOW” and rail about that. I understand that it would’ve been nice to see Nathan, Haley and Jamie, but there was no drama involved in the pregnancy, nobody was in jeopardy, and I’m sure we’re supposed to assume that Brooke wasn’t the FIRST one to see baby Lydia, just that they wanted to show how that went, because Brooke was heartbroken but still wanted to see haley and her wondrous new daughter, no matter how much it hurt. Again, I could complain about all kinds of slights to Brooke, but what’s the point? It’s not the show’s fault that Joy is pregnant, I’m sure they worked the scenes the best way they could. There’s no doubt about the strength of Nathan, Haley and Jamie and now Lydia and that they’re going to have their happily ever after ending, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. But because Brooke’s never gotten that, it’s still to come. For all we know, filming with Joy and James just didn’t work out for whatever reason. I felt like the whole show was about the contrast in how things worked out.
    And come on, were y’all REALLY waiting for the FIRST glimpse of the baby? It’s a given that it was great and that we’ll see it again and again. It’s NOT a given how Brooke and Julian will work things out. How could you be disappointed by missing ONE scene? I personally resent that Brooke and Julian have never ONCE spoken to each other about her drowning and his saving her. Not one time. What, they couldn’t have spared us Chuck and Chase or someone else to have them discuss how they felt, etc? But apparently they couldn’t, so what’s the point of coming on here and complaining about everything. And by the way, they HAD to show Chloe and Eric together with the baby so we could see Brooke and Julian’s realization that their dream wasn’t going to come true (at least not that night). And to show that while it was heartbreaking for them, it was love for Chloe and Eric and THEIR daughter.

38. Comment by AJ in April 20, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

What I saw was good. Unfortunately we lost power due to the storms and I didn’t get to see it all. Loved the flashbacks I saw.

FYI the cracker thing. Tried it with my class yesterday. None of my students could do it. I did it though. In about 58 sec, It’s tougher than it looks.

39. Comment by Princess in April 20, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

I love OTH, I really do and I’ll never talked bad about this show. But last night was a little boring…

1. What is up with Jamie trying to know everything about his parents? I mean you would thought he would known much about them during the fifth and sixth seasons of the show. And if he was doing that for Lydia then that could’ve waited until she gotton a little older.

2. I liked the fashbacks, I loved seeing Whitey and Dan. But when Haley was walking Brooke to the car wasn’t Peyton there? And when Nathan was in the chapel wasn’t Keith and Lucas was there? They didn’t have to cut them out, but then again they’re not part of the show anymore. Why was Quinn and Clay even in a flashback? They are so boring.

3. Haley’s middle name is Bob? That’s so stupid to name a child after a cat. Then that name. My sister got my mom’s name as one of her middle names but it wasn’t Bob. And congrats to Naley by the way.

4. I feel so sorry for Bulian, that guy probably didn’t want to be in Chloe’s life and then he shows up when she’s giving birth. He’s a sad father. That wouldn’t be me, Chloe is stupid to even let him show up. Then didn’t even bother telling Brooke or just giving her the baby. I just thought if Mark said he thinks this was the last season then Brooke should’ve found out she was pregnant a few episodes after the wedding.

No offense to anyone this is just how I felt about the episode.

P.S. I love Joy’s and Jackson’s narriation in the show and Brooke holding Lydia.

40. Comment by Danika in April 20, 2011 @ 12:38 pm

Well, I’m happy I didn’t waste my time watching the episode or recording it. I’ll download it at a later time, if I feel like it. It’s disappointing that we’ve been waiting forever for Naley to have a daughter, and they got nothing. I’m not asking for the episode to be revolved around them, just a few or even one scene involving Naley together. I don’t even need much, honestly. It’s fair that Brulian get more because they’ve been together for a shorter amount of time (even if at times it feels a little like the writers are shoving scenes of them down our throats) but Naley still deserve more scenes together. But whatever, I can always watch seasons 1-4 when OTH was actually good. This is just getting a little ridiculous.

41. Comment by Princess in April 20, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Tell you the truth ain’t nothing much going on with Brulian anymore so now to need to put the focus back on Naley now that Joy had already had her baby.

42. Comment by B.Davis in April 20, 2011 @ 1:25 pm

@bootsie Totally agree with you!!

43. Comment by Jess in April 20, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

Yes, a NHJL scene was important for me in this episode. After NH has been neglected, I was hoping that this episode would at least give me something to be happy with. Jamie talked about in the episode how he was excited to meet his baby sister, but we didn’t even get to see a scene between him with her, which I think was important to show along with NH and Lydia in this episode, just like you thought showing Brooke with Haley/Lydia was. JUST BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DRAMA DOESN’T MEAN THERE SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN A HAPPY, LOVING NHJL MOMENT. If they can write in things like roleplaying, superheroes, pointless talks about cell phones, annoying strudel songs, girls prancing around in their underwear, and other things that have no drama included in them this season than there should of been no problem writing a happy NHJL moment in this episode. I’m pretty sure there wasn’t a scene between them in the episode due to schedule problems or not. Also, just because Brooke doesn’t have her happiness fulfilled yet shouldn’t mean that NH should be neglected as a couple and be props to her. I just wish the writers were capable of balancing out the characters and couples. Oh well, we will probably never agree on this topic. I don’t want to fight or start an argument though…I just can’t help but complain with all this frustration I’ve been feeling this season. I’m pretty sure I have a right to disagree and complain about the show if I want too. But, whatever.

44. Comment by Jessica in April 20, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

It seems a lot of people are unhappy with the last scene, and so am I. I mean I would have been happy with Nathan and Jamie sitting on the edge of the bed while Haley was holding Lydia and then the scene could have continued with Brooke holding Lydia. I mean all we needed was a visual of Nathan being there. I would have been happy just with him sitting in the same room as his daughter that he has want since, like, forever.

Overall I really did like the episode, even though the flashbacks were a bit much.

45. Comment by Alex76 in April 20, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

@Bootsie, it actually isn’t a given that we’re gonna see Naley with their kid over and over. There are only a few episodes left, possibly of the series. We know joy didn’t film much because she was busy giving birth after filming this episode. We basically missed seeing Nathan meet his daughter. IMO, that’s one of the most important milestones in a person’s life, a milestone that Naley fans have been waiting for for years, and we didn’t even get to see it.

I have absolutely no beef with Brooke getting a pretty solid-sounding storyline, or what they showed of Chloe, etc, besides the fact that it clearly overshadowed Lydia, but whatever, we’re used to it. But my question is, if it were an issue of fitting everything in, why did the two storylines have to happen in the same episode anyway? It just boggles me, there are so many ways Naley COULD have been stronger this season, it’s not as if this season has been jam-packed with worthwhile and engaging drama.

Lastly, I get that yeah, Naley are strong, or at least that’s what we’re supposed to think. But this is a tv show. I watch it to SEE Naley, not to twiddle my thumbs and assume that everything is sunshine and rainbows off-screen. That’s what I’m prepared to do when the show ends, not while it’s still airing. I have to admit, I didn’t watch this episode besides catching the Naley scene online. For the first time in years OTH, is no longer my favorite, and that’s just a sad way to go.

46. Comment by Crashspike22 in April 20, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

It doesn’t feel like OTH anymore.

the show is WAY too focused on Brulian. And maybe it is just me, but I can’t stand them as a couple.

SIGH, Maybe it’ll get better but I am really starting to doubt it will.

47. Comment by JeniLee in April 20, 2011 @ 5:06 pm

“also enjoyed the mesh of flashbacks but I have to say, by the end it was a tad too much for my taste. It seemed there was more time spent in the past than in the present and while I like the past much better, it only made the present look that much worse. ”

could not have said it better myself! ugh :-(

48. Comment by l in April 20, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

I hope when Brooke gets her inevitable miracle baby we’ll get to see a scene with her new baby in her arms for 2.5 seconds before passing her over to a crying Alex.Let’s not forget to remove Julian completely from the equation.Alex should definitely be seen cuddling the child before the father, heck lets go for broke and end the episode that way.

49. Comment by margarita in April 20, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

I really think mark S is not a naley fan……what a let down:(….I JUST WANT MY FULL ON NALEY BACK!They used to have atleast 10 min of the show now they show them less a min on the show..

50. Comment by weenie in April 20, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

Well said @alex76!!!

51. Comment by othbaby in April 20, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

sorry i missed some of the episode.. WHAT HAPPENED TO BROOKES BABY.. ive been trying to look it up everywehre adn i just caught the end of it last night.. hellppp!!

52. Comment by Bri in April 21, 2011 @ 12:21 am

I read some places online that people think last nights episode was bad…. they are crazy. A true One Tree Hill fan loved last nights episode BECAUSE of all the flashbacks. It was a great episode!

53. Comment by Bri in April 21, 2011 @ 12:25 am

I also agree that Brulian overshadowed Naley. There should’ve been a Naley scene with Lydia. There’s always room for improvement in episodes i guess. I look forward to more Naley scenes as well!

54. Comment by Lindsey in April 21, 2011 @ 12:27 am

I’m so not a fan of the middle name…And how come now in season 8 they are saying her middle name is Bob….I mean I know they kinda called her haley bob as a nick name but come on now they are saying it bob please… Hello That why she went by Haley James Scott most of the show cause they didn’t give her a middle name.

And I liked it when they would give there kids there friends names as middle names. We’ve got James Lucas Scott and Sawyer Brooke Scott…. Where’s a Peyton or Nathan or Mouth or Skills?

55. Comment by margarita in April 21, 2011 @ 7:23 am

Okay I just lost my dad like two weeks ago and One tree hill has been a big help,naley has been a huge part of my life…..that scene with naley about “tell me a story”…. “a memory”geez made me bawl like h**l.God I miss classic naley those sweet,tender swoon moments…..mark why don’t you tell the naley fans how you really feel……stop robbing us of our naley.

56. Comment by megan in April 21, 2011 @ 12:09 pm

@Lindsey…

Just thought I’d answer, lol. Haley’s middle name as Bob was told to us in s3. I think Mark said it in an interview and that they had cut the on-screen explanation for something else. Other than that, the only other time it’s hinted at is the deleted scene with PBH getting mugshots…Haley’s board says Scott, HB. She went by HJS because she didn’t like her middle name. But I think pregnancy hormones and losing her mom made her nostalgic and she wanted to pass down another ‘family’ thing I guess. But it does sound very odd to say, lol. ohh, Lydia Peyton sounds pretty!

As for everything else…well, I stopped watching OTH a long time ago, but my friend said NH had a baby and I wanted to see the newly expanded family. Sucks that a scene with all of them doesn’t exist. I came here to see if I could find out more, but it’s not sounding good. While a sad!Brooke/Lydia ending is fine and dandy, there really SHOULD have been at least a Nathan/Lydia scene SOMEWHERE in the episode. That’s not a dig against Brooke or anything, but Lydia’s birth was already overshadowed by the sadness, so a nice NHJL family moment would have evened it out a little more and made the contrast that much shaper, too. And they could have made room for such a scene by taking out a flashback or something.

I guess I really didn’t miss anything by not watching.

57. Comment by Addison in April 21, 2011 @ 1:40 pm

@megan No, you didn’t miss anything at all by not watching. If you want to see Lydia, there are screencaps and a brief animation floating around on the net (tumblr/forums) of Haley holding her. The birth was such a non-event in the episode (and the season, quite honestly) that it really doesn’t even feel like it happened and I say this having watched the entire episode. Maybe if they actually show the family together at some point in the remaining episodes..and I’m not holding my breath for that…it will finally seem real.

58. Comment by Princess in April 21, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

@lindsey, I agree where’s Mouth, Skiills, Brooke, Peyton and Nathan. I always thought that seeing Naley was kinda boring sometimes but now their showing too much Brulian. I can understand because Joy was pregnant but still…and anyways Brulian had already gotton married so now the focus needs to be back on Naley now. Quinn and Clay I can’t stand to look at anymore, their relationship is boring as hell. They really didn’t even know much about each other before they started dating. It was sad to see her keep chasing him around last season. My God please Mark do something with this couple. Season 8 kinda reminds me of season 2 it was a little boring. The only was good about season 2 was Haley leaving Nathan, Peyton and Jake and Lucas storyline. In season 8, so far episodes 1/2/3/4/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/16/17 were good. Nathan’s storyline is boring…Chase and Chuck are boring…Mouth and Millie are boring…Quinn and Clay are boring…Brulian are now getting boring…I just want Mark to put more into their storylines. Although Nathan’s storyline is about to get interesting.

59. Comment by margarita in April 22, 2011 @ 2:11 am

Oh God chuck and chase I can’t stand them…….pointless!

60. Comment by Jess in April 22, 2011 @ 8:04 am

Sorry about your loss @margarita, your family is in my thoughts and I’m glad OTH has helped you through it somewhat. :)

But, yeah I really, really miss NH together. I hope that they will at least be getting some amazing moments in the finale along with Jamie and Lydia, but I’m not gonna put my standards at a high level at all considering how this season hasn’t been good for them.

61. Comment by margarita in April 22, 2011 @ 7:54 pm