May 19,2011

One Tree Hill may not have seen the last of Lucas and Peyton after all.

At a press conference following The CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday, network honchos expressed confidence that Chad Murray and Hilarie Burton would be back for the soap’s’s just-announced ninth and final season.

“[New CW boss] Mark Pedowitz is going to talk with them,” the network’s outgoing preisdent Dawn Ostroff told TVLine. “I don’t think anything has been done yet, but now that everybody knows that this is the final 13 episodes… ”

“… that makes it more possible as far as cast members coming back,” Pedowitz added.

As TVLine previously reported, an effort to lure the duo back for this week’s season finale failed. “Quite frankly, we just couldn’t make a deal,” exec producer Mark Schwahn explained at the time. “Hilarie now has a child and a family, and she’s doing some nice work [on USA’s White Collar, where Burton is now a series regular]. Chad was working on a movie (The Haunting In Georgia) down in Louisiana, and there were dates we were trying to work around, but it’s tricky when you try to line up all those stars sometimes.”

via One Tree Hill Scoop: CW Boss Confident Murray, Burton Will Return For Farewell Season – TVLine – TVLine.

This entry was posted on Thursday, May 19th, 2011 at 1:18 pm and is filed under One Tree Hill. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

89 Responses to “TVLine: One Tree Hill Scoop: CW Boss Confident Murray, Burton Will Return For Farewell Season”

1. Comment by Lauren in May 19, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

Fingers crossed and double crossed! If there is a way to end the show on a high not, that is it.

2. Comment by Princess in May 19, 2011 @ 1:41 pm

Well I hope this time it will work, the way they were talking is that Chad and Hilarie prabably wanted to come back but it was schedules. Joy now has a child and she still coming back to the show. Which brings me back to what I said before, just because Joy had a baby it didn’t stop her from leaving the show. She said that she was gonna stick with it till the end. (No offense to anyone).
    But I don’t care what people say even if they don’t owe it to Mark and them, they owe it to the show to come epsically during their last season. If a show has started my career and I’ve been on it for six seasons, I’ll come back to put closure to my character’s storyline. Since this is the last season I’mma have faith that Chad and Hilarie will return and hopefully others will too. Leyton is my favorite couple.

3. Comment by Alex in May 19, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

This would make a memorable final season! :)

4. Comment by Lindsay in May 19, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

Well I really hope they do!!

5. Comment by Michell in May 19, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

Did anyone see the CW OTH promo pic From the up fronts? Not liking it at all… Not a good sign for season 9.

6. Comment by weenie in May 19, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

Keep the faith @princess. I have faith too. I believe this was all planned and maybe it was true that they couldn’t make it back this season. Let us not forget that this season was only originally slated for 13 episodes too. Maybe they expressed an interest in coming back if there was season 9 , which prompted the network and Mark to go another round and have another season. Heck I bet that is why Joy is onboard with a season 9 because she loved working with Chad and Hilarie so much. OMG, Lucas, Peyton and Dan back in TH again. All we need now is Karen, Deb and Whitey and we’re good to go for an awesome series finale.

7. Comment by Alex in May 19, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

Is it confirmed that Dan/Paul is back? I hope so, he’s my favorite!

8. Comment by Maria in May 19, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

what about james lafferty??? will he sign for season 9??? please tell me because i didn’t understand…

9. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 4:44 pm

Whitey coming back would be amazing but when Nathan came to tell him he’d made it into the NBA,to me at least, he seemed to be not in the greatest of health. Not Whitey, but actually Barry Corbin. I’d LOVE to see him though! I really would like to believe about leyton but I’m still pretty skeptical. On that note, no offense to anyone, but I don’t feel they need to come back because “they owe it to the show”. People get involved with a series, make it big so to speak, and move on all the time. Sure, the show launched their careers, but it doesn’t mean they want to be on it forever. It would be nice to see them, as the are part of the original five, but I really don’t feel like just because it’s ending, people say they HAVE to be there. I just think it’s odd how people view OTH in a different way than other shows. I get that it’s the finale and all, but a lot of times when people are written off the show by either their choice or the higher ups, then, they’re off the show. Again, I get it, but it’s not how it usually works. Just my two cents. No offense to anyone. :)

10. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

@Alex I too REALLY hope Paul is gonna be there for all 13 episodes, love me some James, but Paul and Joy are by far the most talented of the cast IMO. :)

11. Comment by Alex in May 19, 2011 @ 4:56 pm

It would be a dream if we could see Peyton and Lucas and Paul back as series regulars for next season, they owe it to the show!

12. Comment by Bturner in May 19, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

I hope this is true but I just hope they are not trying to generate buzz for season 9 by getting the fans hopes up. I feel that if they come back, then Clay Quinn, Chase, Alex and Mia need to have their screen time GREATLY reduced. (No disrespect at all to those who like these characters) I want to get back to the old OTH for the final season. Trim the cast and center the show back around the core 5. Please dont try to cover all these other useless characters (IMO) in every episode.

13. Comment by giokn90 in May 19, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

Bturner i quote you!

14. Comment by Jamie in May 19, 2011 @ 5:44 pm

Completely agree with you heather about them not owing anything to the show. I’ve always felt that way, too. Plus, Hilarie is under contract now with White Collar. So, they’d really have to work hard to get her and work around her filming schedule.

15. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 5:49 pm

@Jamie thanks! I’m just glad someone else sees it the way I do. I understand people love the show and adore the characters/actors, but sometimes I feel people can be a little possessive about them, I really do get why people want them to come back, but it sometimes feels a little selfish to me. Again, No offense anybody.

16. Comment by Izze in May 19, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

Are they trying to get leyton back for the whole season or just an episode?

17. Comment by weenie in May 19, 2011 @ 6:31 pm

@bturner: I wouldn’t put anything past them at this point and if they do come back they really do need to find a way to put the others way on the back-burner, like in another state!

@heather: They don’t owe anything to anyone, especially since we don’t even know what kind of terms they left on. It would be nice to at least make one appearance, not even on a full time basis. When it ends for good I would love to see Lucas there especially.

18. Comment by onehotscott23 in May 19, 2011 @ 6:37 pm

@bturner….I completely agree with you. They need to center the show on the core 5.

19. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

@weenie completely agree, I’m fine with or without them there, frankly I’m more upset about James, but it would be nice to see Lucas. I used to really like peyton, but ever since season 5, I just lost that respect I had for her. Especially how she treated Lindsey and even Lucas himself. Most of us have loved someone who doesn’t love them back (at least while he was with Lindsey), and I sometimes feel she just whined and cried and yelled at him so many times that finally he was like okay fine let’s get back together because you’re never going to stop acting like this otherwise. I know this isn’t the case, but when watching it, I can’t help but feel this way. I won’t be upset if they don’t come back, but it WOULD be nice to see Lucas just to tie back to the original plot. And yes, I get that peyton is also a huge part of that plot, but after how she acted for the majority of time after the time jump, I could take her or leave her for the final season.

20. Comment by cayt326 in May 19, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

@Heather I agree that Peyton did a couple of things to Lindsey that weren’t okay (although Linsey could dish it out herself), but she really did try to make up for it. I totally disagree that she treated Lucas badly; he treated her horribly and never even really apologized for it. Anyway, I hope they come back; I think the show will be better for it. There have been some super awkward, sad, and confusing moments this season when they have ignored Leyton, not explained their absence, and just cast them in an unfair light. I would like to see some of the rectified next season. However, I don’t think Chad and Hilarie owe it to the show, because they are real people and not characters on t.v. and should do whatever they want with their own lives.

21. Comment by Angel Foster in May 19, 2011 @ 7:41 pm

YES!!! I really hope they come back!!

22. Comment by dede in May 19, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

Plz!!! Leyton come back! and James, I cannot live without you!

23. Comment by Jenn in May 19, 2011 @ 9:18 pm

I don’t think they really owe the show anything either, but after nine seasons, the fans deserve a great finale and since the show started about two brothers, I think the show should end as such. Remember the season 4 finale? With Lucas and Nathan playing at the Rivercourt? What a perfect series finale that would have been. After season 6 when Peyton and Lucas left, I was so dissapointed we didn’t get the final scene between the brothers. Or even a scene with Lucas and Haley, who were another core relationship. Maybe we’ll get those scenes season 9.

24. Comment by onehotscott23 in May 19, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

@ Heather, I agree. I want James back more than I want Leyton. I was, however, a Brucas fan so I would be okay with just Chad coming back. I’m not saying I don’t like Peton, but I just never preferred Peyton and Lucas together. I liked Peyton with Jake much better. But there is no better couple than Naley!!

25. Comment by Alex in May 19, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

I think the final scene of OTH should include Dan, Nathan and Lucas.

26. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 9:50 pm

@Alex I like the sound of that, I think it’d also be cool if the people that REALLY matter (feel free not to show up, Quinn lol) are there almost like the season 4 finale except the kids are all playing basketball together(this will one time where it SHOULD be about the next generation), and the final shot could be Jamie making a shot like Nathan in the season three tournament, the absolute last shot is the ball going in. Or something like that. Lol.

PS not sure if I’m allowed to really praise another show here, but I really wish they’d made oth’s finale like they did with grey’s tonight. Just the feeling I got while watching the woman insisting on staying for the little girl in the plane crash and how they’re helping her mom after all their loved ones passed away is indescribable. Sorry a little off topic.

27. Comment by sarah in May 19, 2011 @ 10:07 pm

i really think they should bring back sam for at least an episode

28. Comment by Daisy in May 19, 2011 @ 11:18 pm

I kind of want to see Lucas and Peyton returning just to see what they’ve been up to since they last left Tree Hill. I also have to point out that the last scenes in the season 8 finale with the quote narration from the cast and seeing Jamie on the bridge was by FAR, a great way to end the series. I hope they can top that for the actual series finale. Also, it would be really cool to see familiar faces throughout the last season. Bring Karen back to see the cafe, make Dan a regular so we can see more of him, let Rachel make amends with Brooke, bring back Deb and write her out properly (she just left suddenly in season 6 without any explanation), and for the last moments on the finale, focus on the core 5 with Lucas narrating. Then take a time jump and show us a love triangle between Lydia, Davis, and Jude.

29. Comment by Heather in May 19, 2011 @ 11:25 pm

@Daisy the last sentence of your post is great! Lol. Do agree that they should have saved Jamie emulating Lucas for when thy DEFINITELY knew it was over especially since it was so fast (this is also the main reason i’m pretty convinced that mark thought they were done) After reading the spoilers, I thought He was going to go all over town at the end of the episode, past the places that all meant something to the original cast. It truly would be the best ending though seeing as that’s how it literally began. :)

30. Comment by Emily in May 19, 2011 @ 11:39 pm

@heather I completely agree with you about Grey’s! That’s another one of my favorite’s and I wish that OTH could have had a finale like that! One Tree Hill is my favorite but lately I feel that everything is written quickly. Plots are wrapped before they start. Everything is so rush. It’s more of a comedy than a drama, which is what I used to love! The writing was superb and the characters were full of real emotions. Lately to me things haven’t been true to how the series started and what made me love it. I’m sick of useless characters and I love Jamie, but I do not need a 10 year old lovestory! I would much rather see some Naley action, other than just kisses on the forehead and being distant. The have no storyline aside from having another baby and even that was minimal. I’m starting to ramble, but I just want my show to be back to the greatness it once was and I really want Leyton back in some capacity so I feel like everything is full circle and truly wrapped up. Just my opinions.

31. Comment by Kim in May 19, 2011 @ 11:52 pm

@emily, I agree with you completely about how everything is written too quickly. But hopefully now knowing that it’s their last season and with only 13 episodes left, the true OTH style can come back. God, I hope Mark reads this stuff.. to actually see what the fans want. Also, I love Jamie too but I’m really angry that all of his peers like Madison and Chuck are taller than him. To me, I think they should’ve casted kids that were close in age to Jamie instead of hiring 11-12 year olds to play Chuck and other kids. It’s kind of also weird to see a love story for Jamie. HE’S STILL A KID! Make him focus on other things.

32. Comment by MB Davis in May 20, 2011 @ 12:01 am

If Lucas and Peyton really come back….I’m sold for season 9!

33. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 12:04 am

@Emily Grey’s wrecked me tonight, I was bawling when the woman insisted they stay and when she lied about her son still being alive for the girl’s mother’s sake. Ugh! And completely agree with you, that just doesn’t happen for me with OTH. I WISH it did, but I think it’s for exactly the reasons you pointed out. The writing has gone terribly downhill, there is no true focus anymore, and you hit the nail on the head about Haley. I told my husband that all last season, that her only story line is the pregnancy and even then, they still didn’t do it justice. And especially with what they’ve changed Nathan into, to me, he strikes me as the kind of guy who would be home a lot more often and always touching/kissing her while she was pregnant. It was his idea in the first place to have another baby, was absolutely ecstatic when she told him they were going to, and then after that, it seemed like it didnt even matter anymore. I also was so disappointed in how they did joy’s styling and wardrobe. She IMO is the most beautiful on the show (season six at leyton’s wedding and season seven finale where she has minimal make up on and is glowing while she tells Nathan she’s pregnant are my absolute favorites) and I feel like they used her pregnancy as an excuse to make her more homely while all the other girls are running around like super models. She’s so beautiful and I was so excited (being pregnant myself) at the same time – we delivered our daughters on the same day (freaky of all freaky lol!) to see how they would make her look, and just found myself disappointed week after week. This is probably a weird observation, but it’s something that irks me while watching it.

34. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 12:19 am

@Maria in the first article released about the renewal, it said James would definitely come back in some fashion, but will probably be part time or as a guest star. BUT as far as we know, nothing has been finalized yet. I’m sure there will probably be some info soon since filming is scheduled resume at the end of June/beginning of July. Keeping my fingers crossed that he changes his mind about the part time thing.

35. Comment by Ed Fury in May 20, 2011 @ 12:25 am

As much as I miss Dan I just don’t think there is any realistic way to bring him back. He killed his own brother on cold blood. There is no redemption from that. No forgiveness. I understand the who importance of that single scene from 3.16 when he killed Keith but it basically gave his character a death sentence too.

As for some of the older characters coming back while I would like to see the familiar faces I don’t see it happening. They wrote the parents out and now the high school kids are parents themselves so I doubt we will see all the grandparents running around too.

Now about Lucas and Peyton.. yes I have missed them. The whole series to me revolved around Lucas and his struggles and his interactions with ALL the other characters in the small town of Tree Hill. I feel a proper ending to the series would involve him in some major way. Just as much as Nathan. It was about two brothers and should end with two brothers. Everyone else is just filler, eye candy, and secondary characters to the brothers, That includes spouses, children, and friends. The closing scene for the series needs to be Lucas and Nathan and if it is not both of them together then it needs to be like the opening of 1.01 where they alternate between Nathan playing ball for the Ravens and Lucas doing the exact same thing on the rivercourt and both hitting the game winning shot.

Bring back basketball in season 9. Bring back brotherhood. Bring back the drama and the edge of your seat excitement. Bring back the I can’t wait until next week to see what is going to happen enthusiasm. Bring back my Tree Hill that I fell in love with and watched for all these years.

36. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 12:29 am

Can I ask you guys a question? Sophia said the writers had some great ideas for s9, right? And then that article came out saying James might be a guest star. I was just thinking that based on that maybe it’s actually quite obvious that he’s not going to be on it much. Like maybe he already was told what was going to happen with his character. So we’re all waiting to see if he signs on full time, but maybe it’s already set. I’m sure scripts have already been started so they have a clear vision of how they’re going to end it, especially since they only have 13 episodes to do it in. So my question is why would that little tidbit of him have even been mentioned if they didn’t know it was probably true? I hope this makes sense, it does in my head lol. :)

37. Comment by ashley mcguire in May 20, 2011 @ 1:06 am

Hey guys, i agree with you i love oth but was a bit dissapointed with the finale. I too felt that it was very rushed. For example Brooke fell two seconds later the babies are out and they move on with to the other characters. I dont think they gave enough time to that scene. Also no disrespect but clay qnd quinns scenes dissapoint me. They never have any substance to their lines and i am constantly thinking i hope their scene is over soon. I loved jamie and the river court. I also dont think chad or hilarie owe it to anyone to come back. It should be because they want to and can. It would be awesome if they came for the series finale atleast.. and one more thing

38. Comment by ashley mcguire in May 20, 2011 @ 1:09 am

Im glad dan is going to be a part of season 9 bit does anyone else wonder how he got outta jail so soon. I mean murder cmon lol. Anyway ill be watching till the end. Cant wait!!

39. Comment by livvy in May 20, 2011 @ 1:23 am

i don’t see why lucas and peyton need to come back. having them in an episode would take screen time away from the remaining characters, and it’s because of them (old and new characters) that the show has survived for 3 more seasons. it wouldn’t be fair

40. Comment by lauren in May 20, 2011 @ 1:52 am

Ugh, I just read the press release for what they have in store for season 9. I don’t like it at all. Here’s what I propose for the last season, I know it’s probably unlikely, but here it is anyway. In season 9, a sudden death shocks Tree Hill. With the passing of beloved Coach Whitey, Lucas and Peyton return to pay their respects as well as catching up with old and new friends. With Nathan being on the road looking for new clients to sign, it becomes too much for Haley to handle; along with their newborn Lydia and the reopening of Karen’s cafe. Nathan then decides to take a job close to home coaching the Ravens (bringing back the basketball aspect to Tree Hill). With no one actually running Red Bedroom Records, Peyton decides (with Lucas) that it’s time to come home. She then signs Alex who then goes on tour, bringing Chase with her. Brooke is starting a new line for kids and opens up a new store (with relations to its mother company: clothes over bros.). Julian gets offered to direct and produce a television show in Tree Hill and wants Lucas to be one of his writers. Quinn gets a job offer in Las Vegas for a photo-shoot and Clay follows her. The next day, they realize that they both got married and so they try to deal with that for the rest of the series. As for Jamie, he’s just the glue of the show. Let that smart kid do anything.

41. Comment by Addison in May 20, 2011 @ 2:00 am

@Heather It’s already known that he’ll be recurring in S9. As for Sophia saying the writers had great ideas, do you honestly think she cares about any storylines other than her own? Not that I believe her’s will be great either, but I’m sure she and JuJu will get lots of focus. But no way does she care about what James gets in terms of storyline and she likely only cares about Joy’s screentime in terms of how she might serve her own storylines. This isn’t the cast of “Friends”. There’s no “team negotiations” or “one for all, all for one” motto with this cast

42. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 2:10 am

@Addison I must have missed that news about James. Sorry. :) glad to hear it though.

43. Comment by Addison in May 20, 2011 @ 2:18 am

Glad to hear he’s recurring or just glad to hear he’ll be back in some capacity?

44. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 2:20 am

Oops, forgot to put that part in :) that he’ll be back in some capacity. Limited is better than nothing at all.

45. Comment by Addison in May 20, 2011 @ 2:33 am

Eh, maybe. Doesn’t make me excited for S9 as a Nathan/Haley fan. Never thought we’d end the series with Naley essentially estranged and Haley raising their own. But then again, that’ basically what we got in S8, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that it will be more of the same in S9.

46. Comment by Addison in May 20, 2011 @ 2:35 am

Oops…one thing I don’t like about this blog. No way to edit.

Meant to say above “…and Haley raising their children on her own”

47. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 2:40 am

No, you’re right in that aspect. As a Nathan fan (not really who he is lately but just in general), I’m happy he’ll be back, but as a Naley fan…..I pretty much gave up on them getting anything worthwhile after season eight’s first episode. She’s essentially been a single mom for awhile IMO. Seems almost like he’s with Clay if anyone.

48. Comment by weenie in May 20, 2011 @ 6:57 am

@amanda: Because when given the opportunity, James and Joy(Naley) will kick all the other OTH couple’s asses. It is not secret that now that Leyton is gone, Naley is THE most beloved couple on OTH. How do you expect anyone else to compete with what they have or had during the course of the series. In order to build some fan support for the other failing couples, they had to tone down Naley quite a bit because really you can’t compete. Even the cast loves Naley!! Chad and Paul always felt that Naley was the best part of OTH. Brulian and Clinn couldn’t possibly go up against Naley and so they got sacrificed so that these two couples can build their own history, but in the process they became shallow and very cheesy with no real substance. They tried real hard to recreate the magic of Naley for the other couples in a matter of two short season and that is impossible to do. Naley will always have history and evolved at a time when the show was great and the writing was great!! That is something that they can’t EVER take away from them.

49. Comment by weenie in May 20, 2011 @ 7:00 am

Edit:@addison, not amanda. Sorry! Yup they should have and edit button

50. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 8:12 am

Where is everyone getting the info that James Lafferty is only coming back as a guest – he has already announced officially that he has signed on for S9 before it was announced that there was going to be one! Ive not heard anything at all like this – although I have heard that he will be returning on a part time basis – but lets face it, he cant be in every scene so I dont think it will make much of a difference because its only 13 episodes and they are going to have to fit in a lot in that time so I think it will all work out. I didnt think Chad and Hilarie could have came back before S9 anyway either because they had previous committments and had signed on to do other projects. We need to remember that when artists sign contracts they just cant walk away from what they are doing to go do what their fans want. Its their liveliehood so at the end of the day they do whats best for them. Joy has a baby yes and manages to film OTH and I know that some people are saying well why cant Hilarie do the same? What we are forgetting is that Hilarie has a baby and is already working as a regular on White Collar and to work on OTH may interfere with her contract and also her time is taken up with that so she may find it difficlut to film two shows and look for her baby. I know woman can do more than one thing at a time but she is only human! The same goes for Chad, he has moved from Wilmington to further afield to live and is also contracted on a movie so he may not have the time eitiher. One job at a time and I dont think we need to worry because by the time they start filming S9 of OTH Chad and Hilaries schedules may just be a lot lighter and hopefully it will all work out in the end. We need to stop being so critical and accept some things in life! (sorry if I sound as though I am giving everyone into trouble here but just voicing my opinion)

51. Comment by Bturner in May 20, 2011 @ 10:47 am

I remember all through season 8 people kept commenting that the core characters would NOT be returning after this season because “reliable sources had confirmed it”. I did not believe it for one second. Now articles are reporting that James is only returning part time. I choose not to believe this either. Like Ive said before, we are not the actors and therefore we cant predict what they will or will not do. I have faith that James will return and have ample screen time to close out the series that he has been apart of since the beginning! Just my take on the situation :)

52. Comment by hotandtwisted in May 20, 2011 @ 11:16 am

I think it would be great if Leyton returned,but only for the last episode. A great scenerio would be Brooke,Nathan and Haley and Jamie hangingout at the cafe and Lucas,Peyton and Sawyer walk in then tell everyone their back to stay in Tree Hill.

53. Comment by hotandtwisted in May 20, 2011 @ 11:17 am

Although, we would have to hear a pretty amazing story in terms of where they have been for two years!

54. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 11:20 am

bturner – we all just make our comments and you may be right but we will not know until it happens. If James comes back full or part time I honestly dont think it will make much difference because he will be in the show doing what he does best anyway. As I said earlier, he cant be in every scene although it would be nice to see more of him than they have been showing. I am so looking forward to S9 and seeing the return of Luke and Peyton, it will be good for the ratings and of course the storylines. I dont think I was predicting what James was going to do, I was actually making a comment about an announcement that he himself made about returning to OTH on a part time basis so the chances of this are quite high!

55. Comment by onehotscott23 in May 20, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

@lauren, I like your ideas for season 9. I vote for you to write the show next year. lol.

56. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

@Lauren I agree with bturner! :)

57. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 1:08 pm

@Bridget the James as a possible guest star was mentioned in that first article about the renewal, it’s a few posts down on the home page. Picked up for 13 episodes, will jl return? Or something similar to that. I would find it exactly but I’m typing left handed on my phone right now and also feeding a baby lol. I’m not making a comment about it, just telling you where that piece of information was from :)

58. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

Hot and twisted – I like the concept of your story but I am sure I am not alone in my thoughts when I say that most of the fans would prefer that Lucas, Peyton and Sawyer were back for more of Season 9 than showing up in the last episode towards the end. They actually want to see some interaction between all of the characters and some storylines between Luke and Peyton etc. I know I would. I think they will return maybe for the birth of Brooke and Julians babies which would be nice!

59. Comment by Amanda in May 20, 2011 @ 1:09 pm

MY SEASON 9!!!

OTH: The Final Years

What happens when all your dreams come true? Easy… dream new dreams, but will these dreams come to the residents of Tree Hill as easy as they did once upon a time? Or will they learn that life isn’t the fairytale they once believed it to be?
    Haley has it all, maybe a little bit too much, and as Haley struggles with managing the newly revamped Karen’s Café, the slowly dieing Red Bedroom Records and becoming an increasingly single mom given Nathan’s absence due to the fact his is on the road signing new clients for Fortitude– the Scott family slowly loses its way. Haley resents Nathan for always being gone and not offering the support he once did which in turn pushes Nathan out the door because he is upset that he walked away from his dream and all this causes Jamie to lose his way even more as he starts experiencing trouble is school, getting in fights with his friends and stealing from his parents. How will the Scott family become unified once again or has the Scott family received more blessings than allowed?
    Brooke realizes that even when dreams come into fruition it is not all it is supposed to be. Due to the fact that her babies were born severely premature she has since began experiencing post-partum depression. She misses the fast life style that she had before becoming a mom. She resents Julian’s easiness with the twins. She secludes herself in her designs as she tries to create a new fashion line. Julian tries to be there for Brooke as he gives up more than one movie deal but she constantly pushes him away. What does this mean for the Baker family and how will Brooke cope as she struggles to life as a new mom? Will she let Julian help her or is their marriage over before it even gets passed the second year? Or will Julian tire of her ways and venture on his own to fulfill his own dreams of movie making?
    While their friends are experiencing troubles of the unknown, Mouth and Millie’s morning show sky rockets them to fame. Major networks are chomping at the bit to steal the dynamic duo, but they just won’t budge. Their happiness lies within each other and on the air Millie proposes to an unsuspecting Mouth. As they grow more aware of their friend’s current relationship woes one or both of them begin to grow cold feet. Will the two make it down the isle or will the present complications of their friend’s marriages halt the union of our two favorite TV personalities?
    The RETURN of Dan Scott throws the entire town of Tree Hill for a loop. He runs for Mayor (again) he reopens Dan Scott Motors (again)…. With his new sunny disposition but past influences has he changed or is he just biding time to commit the most sinister act of all?
    In their newfound quietness of love, Clay and Quinn’s bond grows deeper. However, in the young stage of love, these two face problems that young love learns to endure. As they begin to discuss their dreams and desires and the every ticking biological clock, Quinn learns Clay doesn’t want kids and that he wants to leave Tree Hill and run Fortitude in California. Can they overcome their differences to find their happily ever after? Or will both taste the sting of love not being enough to sustain a relationship?
    With Haley, Brooke, Nathan, Mouth, Julian, Millie, Quinn, and Clay struggling… and the return of Dan Scott who can help these friends find their way on their path to newly discovered dreams? And how will their friendships help them through the most trying times they have together faced? Whose dreams will come true and whose will falter? Who will be left standing and who will we lose along the way? Get ready for a year of Tree Hill that isn’t afraid to explore the truth, fear, disappointment, hurt and love of what it means to be friends and lovers, husbands and wives, sisters and brothers. It is a year of friendships, relationships and the bonds that tie them.

60. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 1:38 pm

Amanda – your season 9 is brilliant – would you mind if I gave you some comments on it? Here goes…….New dreams need to be “dreamt” if thats a word! Peyton returns and saves Red Bedroom Records from doom, Karen returns and helps Haley with Karens Cafe allowing Haley some time to cope with her young family especially as Nathan is not around as much. I am not sure about whether or not Nathan and Haley should have marital problems – they have done that before at least twice so its a bit old “hat” so to speak. They do need some drama however as they are in danger of getting stuck in a rut! If Leyton return they need some meaty storylines for them and I dont mean marital either because that just gets way too boring after a while. I dont think any of them need to have relationship or marital problems because nearly every couple in OTH has had their fair share of them. We need additional drama which I am confident they can come up with some thoughts and ideas on this. Quinn and Clay get married, but I am not sure if they should have problems in relation to whether either of them wanting kids or not, maybe a health scare for Quinn because it would bring back some old memories for Clay about losing Sarah. Whitey could return but I think it would be highly unlikely and difficult to work him into the story because he has retired and there really is no story line there for him at all. I do think that Nathan should return to Basketball but on a coaching basis, not as an agent which I think is a stupid career for him. He is not the wheeler and dealer type at all and that career does not suit him. I do think there should be more emphasis on Skills and his relationships with whoever he is in one with now! It would be funny if they brought back Junk and Fergie and gave them a storyline but I dont think people would want that! Karen and Andy would be good returning and Dan could return and open the dealership again but where would he get the cash because he gave it all away in S7. Rachel I hope is gone for good – I never seen the point of having her apart from as a friend to Brooke when she turned her back on Peyton. I also hope that they dont put too much emphasis on the kids this time as its not about them at all, there willl be a lot of kids too if they are successful in securing Leyton – just think about it, Jamie and Lydia, Sawyer, Brooke and Julians twins and Lilly. Thats six already and not counting Chuck! One thing that MUST happen before the end is that Dan Scott gets to use his headstone at last – what a waste and who would let someone erect one before they die anyway? What about Peyton’s long lost brother Derek – why not bring him back too – have everyone, what the hell!!! he he

61. Comment by Amanda in May 20, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

Why thank you Bridget… and you bring up some good points… But me personally I wouldnt want to bring back the “old” characters for very long… Yes I was insinuating that Peyton and Luke comes back to help out their friends, but I wouldnt want Karen, Lily, Andy, Deb, Whitey or any of them coming back for the entire season… maybe bits and pieces… Like Mouths wedding or something. Also I think that Alex, Chase and Mia are done. I want to focus on the main people. The ones who have stuck with the show and gave us our stories! We only get 13 eps I want to spend that with the people who gave us reason to watch the entire series!!

62. Comment by Amanda in May 20, 2011 @ 1:52 pm

Also I really dont want Quinn and Clay getting married. If we do get a wedding next season I want it to be Mouth and Millie!! He deserves it!! I love me some Mouth!!!! :)

63. Comment by Amanda in May 20, 2011 @ 1:54 pm

But i do agree… I would like to see more of Skills and the RC Boys… but not in relationships… just hanging out with Mouth and Millie… I remember the water gun fight from season 6…. that was fun! I want more of that!!! :)

64. Comment by buttercup in May 20, 2011 @ 3:00 pm

Hmm, no offence Amanda, but your season 9 sounds depressing. haha And I can’t say I would want to see it, but it might make a nice fan fic.
    With James only being on part time, Nathan and Haley struggling might be realistic, but I doubt Mark would have the guts to do something too drastic. And as for Brooke going through a depression and all that…she looked mighty happy and content with the babies in 8×22 so if she was to have a post-partum depression I think it would have come by now since the boys were 5 months old when we last saw them. And she didn’t really have a fast lifestyle before the babies were born. She’s been unemployed since the beginning of season 8, unless you count the café, and all she’s ever wanted since season 5 was a family so I don’t see it being believable that she’d miss her old life. Season 9 should feature happy Brooke in my opinion, she cried way to much in season 8. Sophia’s an amazing crier, but enough is enough, give the girl a break!

But whatever will happen in season 9 I hope it’s not too dramatic, depressing or cheesy. I want some drama, but when it comes to NH and BJu, I want drama that brings the couples closer together, not apart. As for the rest of the characters, I’d be all for a bomb going off and killing them all, but since that wont happen, I hope season 9 will be lighter on the secondary characters.

65. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

@Heather – thanks for that about James – I was actually beginning to think I had missed something, now I know I completely missed something! What a talent you have writing all of that on your phone with your left hand AND feeding a baby! Always knew women were multi-talented!!! I know that a lot of people wont want to see Clay and Quinn getting married, I know I dont but I have a feeling that it will happen anyway! It would be excellent if Mouth and Millie got married too, you never know we may get two weddings! I dont think Whitey will make a comeback as I honestly dont think there is a storyline for him unless they go back on the “eye” thing that he had earlier in the show or kill him off for good which would be really sad (gotta be some sadness in the show), they could also kill Dan off at the same time and then Luke and Nathan have to decide who’s funeral they go to! Lucas and Peyton have been off travelling the world with Andy and Karen so it would be quite easy to explain their 2yr stint off the show but I personally think that they may bring them all back just to tie up the story about travelling abroad. It doesnt matter what we say because its all probably been decided whats gonna happen and we wont know till its all done and dusted! No matter what I think we will enjoy it.

66. Comment by weenie in May 20, 2011 @ 5:08 pm

Personally I think they are going to make more of an effort in season 9 to accomplish everything they didn’t in season 8. We got Brooke married, barefoot and pregnant, so Thank the Good Lord, that has finally been put to rest because that was like the most annoying request from the fans, give Brooke her “happy” ending that she “deserves.” They did it, it is done and now hopefully with that being put to rest they can focus on the last 13 episodes and a great send off for all of the remaining characters.

Part time James doesn’t scare me because it is only 13 episodes, so I think they can make it work.

I think the death of Whitey would be a great story line and another reason to bring Nathan and Dan in the same orbit. Maybe that would be a great inspiration for Nathan to realize that he wants to be a coach and help the kids that way, the way Whitey helped him. Oh if only!!

67. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

James Lafferty part time doesnt scare me either – they will make it work. Broooke and Julian have their happy ever after and so do Lucas and Peyton but we all need closure so I think they will make sure everyone is “settled” at the end of the 13 episodes and they all have their happy lives in front of them. They have to do that at least! I know one thing, there will be a lot of tears shed at the last episode of Season 9 and when I say that I mean tears of happiness, not of sadness as I think every character on the show has suffered one way or another. I do think there will be some drama throughout and a touch of sadness and I honestly hope they dont introduce any new characters because that would be such a waste and plain stupid. Maybe we will see Chase get married, but to who????? Mia or Alex. I hope they dont make that their main storyline throughout!

68. Comment by weenie in May 20, 2011 @ 5:56 pm

@bridget, no offense but I really don’t want another wedding in TH let alone Chase’s. No new characters at all and limit some time of the newbies too. I actually really like Quinn when she is with Haley and Jamie. She doesn’t come off so goofy and shallow around them. Maybe they can add a little drama to Clinn and have them break up…..for good. Clay the player was so much more interesting and Quinn who left her husband would work better as a free spirit not in a relationship. We need some characters to be not so perfect and have not so perfect relationships and Clay and Quinn would be perfect for that. If any couple should have the drama on the show right now it should be them, they haven’t paid their dues yet to get a life long happily ever after.

69. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 6:18 pm

@Weenie, no offence taken so dont worry on that score! I dont really want a wedding either but I do think they will have one anyway! I dont think they will bring in new characters and I hope they dont concentrate too much on any of the newbies – I think the final season is a time for reflection and bringing all the oldies together again to make Tree Hill the place it once was. I know we all have to move on in life and even in TV life too but I think it would be nice to go out with some of the originals like they did in season 4 – that was just amazing! I know what you are saying about Quinn, she dose not suit the “goofy” look at all and I think she is so much better than that! I also understand what you mean about Clay the player but he was only like that because he didnt want to get involved too much and get hurt the way he did when he lost Sarah! I do however agree with you about them as a couple, they should be made to pay their dues on the show – after two seasons you would think they would have done so by now! Back to you saying no offence! I wasnt actually saying I truly think these things should happen and I am not so niave to think that the writers will do what the fans want, they will do what they want to do and we will just have to lump it!!! Anyway, as I said earlier, no offence taken and we are all entitled to our opinions, just like you and me! I wish though that they would listen to the fans and write the story the way we see it! The show would never end if they did!!!

70. Comment by lauren in May 20, 2011 @ 6:22 pm

I really do want to see a wedding next year, but since it’s kind of been overdone in OTH, i want to see a couple elope in Las Vegas! I don’t think bringing coach Whitey back would be possible, but don’t hate me about this part, if it were his funeral, it would kind of bring back the old aspect of OTH. Old faces can return and I kind of miss how the characters would pay visits to them in the graveyard. I want Dan to return, and I want him to actually have a role in his grandkid’s life. If Peyton were to return to Red Bedroom Records, she could sign Alex to the label and send her off touring with Mia. Chase would be following her. That way, they’re finally written off, and more focus can be put on the major characters. Bring back Lucas and Peyton for a few episodes so we can see what they’ve been up to. And let’s not focus on Chuck anymore. I hate Chuck.

71. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 6:32 pm

I do think there will be a wedding of some description but I also think it will be kept under wraps for quite a while! A funeral may be the way to bring back some of the older characters including Lucas and Peyton, either that or a surprise visit from them. I still think and many may not agree with me but I still do think Karen and Andy will return, if only for a short visit like they did in the past. If they dont then it doesnt really matter but thats my opinion anyway. I honestly dont think the eloping in vegas is a good idea – they tried it before with Leyton and it never worked and I dont see them going down that route again – sorry Lauren!! I do agree with the Red Bedroom Records thing and that Peyton will take the helm again, I think she still owns a part of it anyway but then so does Mia and Haley so they will need to work that one out! Alex being signed by the record company is a good idea and her touring would indeed get rid of her, she could tour with Mia but then what does Chase do – they need to come up with a concrete storyline there but it needs to finish early in the season. Also, and this is just a thought, it would be good if Chris Keller could make a “fleeting” return visit even if it were a one-off – who ever doesnt end up with Chase could end up with Chris!!! I didnt like him much but he was one of those guys you ended up loving anyway because he was such a “dork” and finally Chuck – just kill him off, its simple or just get rid of him, I hate that child and who actually calls their child Chuck!!!! (chuck him in the garbage) I am BAD!

72. Comment by Monica in May 20, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

This would be sooo great. I would love them on for several shows and make the final show 2 hours. If they can’t because of scheduling and etc.. I understand but I would tune in for season 9 more if they were on. I also don’t think they owe anyone anything. As the final scene I like the idea it being Lucas and Nathan but I not sure of Dan because he did kill his brother/ their uncle. But them with their kids playing ball on the Rivercourt with Haley and Peyton looking on would be cute. I wouldn’t even mind Brooke their with her kids and Julian.

73. Comment by weenie in May 20, 2011 @ 6:54 pm

@bridget: I think a funeral is a way to go and as much as it pains me to say…..I think it should be Whitey’s. That could bring back Lucas and Peyton, Karen and Deb and even Dan, all the river court guys, Tim, Bevin, heck even Rachel all in one room. I also would love to see Nathan deciding that being an agent is not his thing because he is away from his family more so than when he was in the NBA and decides that he wants to coach, like Whitey, his mentor, did. Great way to bring Lucas, Nathan and Dan together.

74. Comment by Heather in May 20, 2011 @ 7:48 pm

@Bridget lol thanks for the compliment! I try lol! I’m loving hearing all of you Guy’s ideas for season nine, especially since that’s all we’re going to have to tide us over until probably January! Ugh! :)

One thing I’d like to add is, you know in. The episodes that stuff ACTUALLY happened, SO MUCH happened that it all had to be so rushed. If they just would have stretched all of the actual events out over the season, season eight could have been amazing instead of one filler/fluff (super heroes, really?!) Episode after another. I really do hope whatever they have in store for season nine is really well thought out and held to the higher standard of the first three seasons. Sick of huge time jumps, had they done it the right way, it wouldn’t have needed to be that rushed at all. A few weeks, maybe a month or two is fine, but five months, 7 months, it just seems like a cop out so they don’t have to try. Instead it enables them to write about Puerto Rico, super heroes, and scouting. PS I really hate that they even had Nathan ever get into this line of career to begin with. I said it before, to me, it almost seems like the equivalent of a desk job in relation to something like coaching. I don’t think Nathan ever would have been interested in this if clay hadn’t of been introduced to the show.

75. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 20, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

He he he, this must be the longest thread on this site! I know what you mean heather, this is all we have just now and we need to make the most of it! Sometimes I go onto http://www.fanfiction.com and read a few of the fans own stories based on OTH which gives me my fix (I am such a sad individual). By the way, you are welcome about the compliment! I totally agree with you about the time jump thing, they really need to rethink that and I hope they dont go and blow it again with even more of them. With regards to Nathan’s career, I dont understand why he couldnt do something like coaching the Chiefs or similar, its not as though he is too old to do it and it would keep his skills at as basketball player – he is definitely not suited to the scouting that he is currently doing. Now, I have a huge confession to make here! Oh oh! I hear you say, well I have already confessed this on this site and not a soul even realised it! I am not in the USA which means something really important! I have not yet seen one single episode of Season 8!!!!! Added to that, Season 7 has not yet been shown in the UK (I am in Scotland by the way) but I have already watched Season 7 as I have bought all of the season. I just found out tonite that I wont get to purchase season 8 until October but I already have it reserved!!! The way things are going I wont need to watch season 8 because I will know it all before hand! I have seen a few previews and I really thought that they had totally lost the plot with the superhero stuff – why???

76. Comment by lauren in May 20, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

Mark, if you’re reading all of these suggestions about season 9, PLEASE put them into consideration. Let’s definitely push for the BEST season ever. Make it go out with a bang! You have a lot of creativity in you so I know you’ve got a lot of great ideas. Just make sure no cheesy episodes that pull us away from the actual plot for the season. Make each episode want viewers sitting on their edge of their seats to find out what’s going to happen in the next episode. In the finale, put closure in the series with everyone’s questions answered and no more surprises.

And after that, make a spin-off with Alex, Mia, and Chase. Let’s see what you’ve got in store for this new love triangle. I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s something about Alex that I love. I also love how Chase was in the air force. So many possibilities for a spin-off!!!

77. Comment by margarita in May 20, 2011 @ 11:08 pm

I hope we get to have more naley and not the crap they gave us this season.Haley w lucas,lucas w nathan,peyton w brook,all of them together!I say chuck off chase,chuck,alex and bring in the core 5 together with dan,deb,whitey,or maybe even karen……but since it’s not up to me I can only dream right.I just want my naley supported the show and stuck with it for years i just want my Naley reward more screen time for them and I mean them not just with the kids.But them together!!

78. Comment by Princess in May 21, 2011 @ 11:56 am

The reason why my sister watches the show is because of James/Nathan. She thinks he’s hot.

79. Comment by Emily in May 21, 2011 @ 3:35 pm

I love the ideas for Season 9! But I want some drama. That is what made the show good. Not everything was perfect. There was heartbreak and sadness and joy and EVERYTHING! This last season was so many filler episodes! The superheroes? Really? So sad. Totally agree with @Heather that Season 8 could have been good if the finale storylines were stretched through the season! I’m sick of this rushed stuff and I really hope Mark listens to the fans! More attention on the core 5 so bring Leyton back! I totally see Whitey’s funeral bringing everyone together, but Haley is upset at Lucas because Whitey’s death reminds her of her mother’s and how her best friend Lucas wasn’t there. Brooke is also mad Peyton couldn’t be there for her wedding and pregnancy and they fight, but also spend time trying to recreate their friendship. Haley is in the middle like she was occasionally in season 3 and 4. and she wants to lean on her friends about Nathan being gone but doesn’t know who to turn to with Brooke and Peyton dealing with their own problems. Of course with Nathan gone Luke decides to step up with Jamie, but Jamie is also hurt by his absence the last few years and acts distant. That is the kind of Jamie storyline I want to see. Dealing with his family, not stupid Chuck or a love story for him. He’s too young! Eventually I want Nathan back coaching of course because let’s face it, we all hate the agent storyline! These are just some ideas I would love to see! Mark, make this season memorable! Show us you still have the ability to write a kick ass season!

80. Comment by margarita in May 21, 2011 @ 8:08 pm

There is a wewantmorenaley site just read their sentiments and it true…..

81. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 21, 2011 @ 8:13 pm

@Lauren – you are so gonna hate me! A spin-off with Chase Mia and Alex – it would be awful, too horrendous for words! I cant stand looking at them just now never mind watching an entire show about them! Sorry but thats how I feel! I like Chase a lot because he is part of the old crowd, Mia because she is a fantastic singer but Alex – the jury is still out on her as far as I am concerned.

Weenie and Heather – great ideas – we are all on the same wavelength and I personally think that Mark should let us three write an episode or two ourselves and see where it goes! I can just imagine it now……………!

82. Comment by Heather in May 21, 2011 @ 9:20 pm

@ Bridget ABSOLUTELY!! Hell yes! Lol! I really think that if we ever were (in some cosmic turn of good fortune and immense luck lol) to be allowed to do that, all three of us would create something amazing.That we’d be unafraid to create some drama because even though it may ruffle some feathers, that’s what keeps people coming back and routing for their beloved characters. And to get the focus back onto the people that matter, focus on what made the show great in the first place. *cough, Naley, cough* lol :)

On a side note, even though I like mia (at least better than Alex), I think chase deserves someone better. I REALLY don’t like how in the finale, Alex stops writing, gets photographed kissing another guy, and yet chase just turns a blind eye because she showed up to welcome him home. I think it just proves that she hasn’t changed at all, that she’s incredibly immature.and I think chase deserves better than that. And mia too has done him wrong a time or two. People might not agree, but that’s how I feel. He’s a great guy, and actually I think MAYBE if they would give him a WORTHWHILE relationship, he MIGHT actually be interesting to watch. But I also agree, I would never be interested in him for a spin off, no offense to anyone. :)

No matter what happens, I think mark and the staff just need to take in consideration that there needs to have a clear focus, in depth story lines, and return to the gripping emotionality (not sure if that’s a word lol) of the younger years as it has NOTHING to do with age, and everything to do with quality work that they can actually be PROUD of.

83. Comment by lana in May 21, 2011 @ 9:27 pm

who are not satisfied with the treatment he has received naley visit and support the site wewantmorenaley

84. Comment by onehotscott23 in May 21, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

If it’s possible to get Barry Corbin back for an episode or two, they should have him come back and find out he only has 6 weeks to live. Whitey has always thought of Nathan and Lucas as family since he had no children of his own so he requests to see both of them, which brings Lucas and Peyton back to town.

Whitey knows that Nathan still loves the game of basketball and he tells Nathan that just because he can’t play anymore doesn’t mean he can’t still be involved with the game. Whitey asks Lucas to help Nathan find his way back. That is why Nathan and Lucas decide to coach the Ravens.

If they can’t get Barry, maybe Dan could show up on Nathan’s door with a letter from Whitey that he wrote on his death bed thanking Nathan for allowing him to be part of his life which makes Nathan realize he would get more satisfaction from coaching. Although, actually having Barry Corbin make an appearance would be much better. They could show Whitey’s funeral which would be a good reason for alot of old characters to return.

The only wedding I would like to see would be Mouth and Millie or maybe Karen and Andy. Definitely not Clay & Quinn.

I would love to see Nathan play the hero or tough guy or something other than Mr. nice guy all the time. I wish they would have something bad happen to Haley (don’t hate me) Not have her die or anything but maybe she is closing the cafe alone and gets robbed and the guy tries to rape her but Nathan shows up and saves her. Something that shows Nathan is still the man that is not going to stand by and watch while the world tries to hurt the woman he loves. I miss that Nathan. I LOVE that Nathan. I really just want to see more intimacy between Nathan & Haley.

85. Comment by onehotscott23 in May 21, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

@ Heather, I didn’t like how Chase ended up with Alex at the end either after all that Alex did. Remember when Chase and Brooke were dating and he broke it off with her because the video of Brooke and Nathan surfaced? It just doesn’t seem like Chase would just say, oh that’s okay and go ahead and be with Alex anyway. I agree, they need to find a new romance for Chase but not make it a main focus on the show. As everyone has already said, we want more Naley!

86. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in May 22, 2011 @ 8:43 am

@OnehotScott23 – your concept is good – Barry Corbin would be good returning and the fact that he could be the person to bring back Lucas and Peyton is good too. Although I dont want him to die I do think that his death would be a good catalysit on the show and it would give them a good opportunity to develop an very emotional storyline, it would also bring back a lot of the older memories and feelings on the show, ie make it more intense like it was back in Season 4! The only negative thing I would have to say on your comments would be that I honestly dont think that Lucas and Nathan would return to coach the Ravens, I dont think the writers would do that although its a good concept but then again they have already done that so they may not ressurect that one!

I want Dan to return but I dont think he would be welcome by any of them so I am not sure in what capacity he could be back in. Although they could finally kill him off and his body could reject the heart transplant he already got which would be a sweet justive for him. I do think he has to die no matter what!!

I too would like the “old” Nathan back – not the one at the start but the one he turned into when he met Haley as I too feel he has disappeared off the earth! A wedding would be good and the only one possibly would be Millie and Mouth as its about time they wrapped things up!

On the subject of Alex, Mia and Chase – whilst I appreciate that they are trying to do a Lucas, Peyton and Brooke, it is just not working at all! OTH fans are just not interested in this triangle the way the Lucas one did and what I honestly dont get about Chase and Alex is the fact that when he found out about Brooke’s sex tape with Nathan he dumped her so how come its okay for Alex to have a sex tape with annother actor??? The same goes for Mia, I know she didnt have a sex tape but she is not so innocent is she? Chase seems to have conflicting morals, one moment he expects the girl he is dating to be all virginal and chaste and the next minute he doesnt give a damn. If I were either Mia or Chase I would tell him where to go, no matter how handsome he is!

Sorry if I have come across as a moan – just my thoughts on the subjects!

87. Comment by Alyssa in May 23, 2011 @ 1:41 am

They Should Try to Get Everyone They Possible Can For The Last 13 Episodes..Anyone Who Was Ever On..Tim,Bevin,Rachel,Hott Uncle Cooper,Chris Keller,Jake Ect. It Could Be Epic..My Opinion

88. Comment by Princess in May 23, 2011 @ 12:32 pm

@Weenie, I forgot to tell you, thanks. I just hope they do come back, I really do miss them. Clay, Quinn & Alex are ruinning the show.

89. Comment by sophie in May 23, 2011 @ 3:03 pm

bonsoir , j aimerais beaucoup que chad et hilarie soie de retour pour la saision 9 , j en reve je trouve que dans les 2 dernier saison meme si le non de luca et peyton reviennent souvent , je pense que dans certain episode il manque vraiment , et je trouve qui font partie du spectale sa a commence avec eux je pense que si la saison 9 et la dernier (et je pense que seras la dernier sinon pourquoi commence le tournage si tot et une diffussion pour janvier 2012)enfin bref pour revenir se que j ai commence a ecrire il doivent revir pour la fin!!!!!