Feb 19,2012

TVGuide: Chad Michael Murray’s Return to One Tree Hill

Seems like old times… with longer hair.

Original Tree Hill-ion Chad Michael Murray makes his long-awaited, final season return to the soap that made him a three-named household name, and from the looks of this exclusive behind-the-scenes snap, he’s done some changing. Unfortunately, we’ll only get a quick reunion for our boy Lucas and his bestie Haley (the perpetually fabulous Bethany Joy Galeotti), since CMM, who left back in ’09, is only back for the Feb. 22nd episode.

“Yeah, he came back for one,” says executive producer Mark Schwahn, quickly adding that fans should not read into the brevity of Murray’s stay. In fact, it was Schwahn’s idea to put his star player back in the game for a single shot instead of a longer arc. “I think he would have done more, but I just felt that the story he’s back for was best served by one episode.”

via Chad Michael Murray’s Return to One Tree Hill – Today’s News: Our Take | TVGuide.com.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 19th, 2012 at 9:21 pm and is filed under Chad Michael Murray/Lucas Scott. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 Responses to “TVGuide: Chad Michael Murray’s Return to One Tree Hill”

1. Comment by Mike in February 20, 2012 @ 10:35 am

Really? So the fact that his brother is missing is not reason enough to have him on for a story arc?? So what would have been good enough then for a Lucas return story arc? That could an been an epic ending to the series. Jamie and Lydia could have been sent off with Peyton (that could have been her role in this) while Lucas helped his best friend find his brother and actually interact with other people back in Tree Hill.

2. Comment by Rachel in February 20, 2012 @ 12:27 pm

Agreed! I wish that he could have been back in more. However, I guess we just have to have faith in Mark Schwann…

3. Comment by weenie in February 20, 2012 @ 4:09 pm

Totally agree @mike, He is so full of BS!!

4. Comment by where_is_OTH?? in February 20, 2012 @ 6:59 pm

Okay… I always figured that Chad was only back for one episode because of scheduling conflicts or something. But to now find out that it’s because of Mark simply choosing to only have him back for such a short amount of time REALLY pisses me off. He clearly just has no idea what the fans want anymore, and honestly I doubt he even cares. Chad deserves more of an ending than this. Lucas deserves more of an ending than this. And us fans deserve more of an ending than this. Keeping Chad around for the second half of the season (or even until the end of this storyline) could have been pure gold. I’ll just never be able to understand how Mark’s mind works these days…

5. Comment by Mia in February 22, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

Is there any chance that Mark is going to surprise the fans and have CMM in the finale? Wishful thinking? Really, if he was willing why didn’t Mark have Chad do the series finale and end it right.

I have to say though even though we all knew this series had to end it’s still so hard to say goodbye. Yeah, people might say that the tv show jumped ship a long time ago but this show has been on so long. It really is the end of the era.

Off topic, but does anyone know if they will be doing a complete series DVD box set? I mean there’s one for Charmed so I’m assuming then there will be one for OTH.