Mar 19,2012

Bethany Joy Blog: (She and Husband Split)

As most of you know, as much as I love to share with you the magic of ordinary days, I am also very private about my personal life. In fact, the only reason I’m saying anything about this at all is because you’ll all be wondering soon why everyone is calling me “Bethany Joy Lenz” again. I’m sorry to say that Michael and I have decided to divorce.

Read the rest here! Wish You Were Here.

This entry was posted on Monday, March 19th, 2012 at 10:20 pm and is filed under Bethany Joy Galeotti/Haley James-Scott. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

26 Responses to “Bethany Joy Blog: (She and Husband Split)”

1. Comment by Anna Portman in March 19, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

I was sad to hear of this news but I admire Joy’s grace and wish her (and Michael) peace during this difficult time.

It’s going to be so weird going back to calling her Bethany Joy Lenz!

2. Comment by Haley in March 19, 2012 @ 10:33 pm

her twitter is also deleted just to let you know

3. Comment by che' in March 19, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

SO SAD :(

4. Comment by l in March 19, 2012 @ 10:50 pm

@haley -her twitter is not erased but she has a new handle.It’s now @BethanyJoyLenz

Prayers out to Joy and her family during this rough time.Divorce is never easy but with patience, love, and support Joy will make it through.I hope fans will respect her privacy and not tweet her concerning this particular topic.She was giving and open enough with her confirmation.That should be enough.

5. Comment by Linda in March 19, 2012 @ 11:00 pm

I honestly thought they were gonna last but either way Joy is classy and she handled the situation the right way because she knew rumors were gonna get out of control. Wish her all the best <3 and her family too.

6. Comment by Ave in March 19, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

This is so sad to read about. I wish Bethany and her family, especially baby Maria all the love and support in the world.

7. Comment by Shana in March 20, 2012 @ 1:05 am

This really came as a shock. I wish her the best..

8. Comment by kate in March 20, 2012 @ 5:28 am

Whaaat? noo :( i am soo sad :( they were such a great couple

9. Comment by Haley in March 20, 2012 @ 6:21 am

As One Tree Hill ends so does everything. First Sophia and Austin and now Joy and Michael. So sad. They have a one year old daughter. On her recent outing, no wedding ring. It really is official.

10. Comment by SMB in March 20, 2012 @ 6:30 am

So sad to hear about this :(

11. Comment by emily in March 20, 2012 @ 7:19 am

Wow, I’m in shock. I really thought Joy and Michael were solid and going to last. My heart dropped when I read this, my heart goes out to the both of them and their family.

12. Comment by weenie in March 20, 2012 @ 9:21 am

Very sadden by this news…I feel like as OTH draws to end, so have a lot of personal relationships on the show too. Trying to figure out “what’s next” is never easy in this business I would assume. I wish them all the best!

13. Comment by Bridget McLaughlin in March 20, 2012 @ 9:23 am

Such sad news but wht will be will be! I wish them both well in their futures whether together or apart!

14. Comment by Amanda in March 20, 2012 @ 9:30 am

so now she is free to date James right? :)

15. Comment by Alyssa in March 20, 2012 @ 10:28 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Joy and Maria, as Joy tries to figure out where her life will go next, and I wish her much happiness and success! We love you, Joy! :)

16. Comment by andoth in March 20, 2012 @ 12:40 pm

I’m shocked by this news; I thought they were going to last. Poor Maria. Didn’t Sophia and Austin break up aswell? But I must say I am rooting for a James and Joy relationship. I think they should consider it.

17. Comment by chris in March 20, 2012 @ 1:24 pm

@andoth, cant help but think like you and say, “get it in james!” .. i think james needs to follow his former cast mates and go single .. but in all seriousness, joy is a strong person and im sure she’ll be fine. they are commited to raising their daughter together, so in the end thats what counts.

@weenie, part of me cant help but think that the show was delaying then inevitable. now joy is at home full time and there’s no talk about her going back to wilmy for a couple of months. likewise with austin and sophia, , the show kept them isolated in wilmy but now back in the real world, their worlds were going in different directions.

18. Comment by Princess in March 20, 2012 @ 2:01 pm

DAMN!!! and their child is only 1 years old.

19. Comment by Alex in March 20, 2012 @ 2:09 pm

That’s a shame, but it’s good they remain friendly.

20. Comment by aj in March 20, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

Best wishes to her. Having gone through a divorve (with kids) I know it’s going to be rough going for a while. But she seems to be a classy person and should weather this storm and come out of it a stronger person. I did and I wish the same to her.

21. Comment by dede in March 21, 2012 @ 6:47 am

This truly broke my heart on Moday. I thought they were going to last but I guess not. My best to both Joy and Micheal thru this difficult time. Also for baby Maria. Divorce sucks, especially when there is a child involved. @amanda @andoth and @chris : can I say I agree with you? Lol Baby James needs to get single and I would totally support if he and Joy pursue a relationship :) just sayin….

22. Comment by Sarah in March 21, 2012 @ 7:22 am

I don’t understand why people want Joy and James together. From what we’ve been told and going by his dating record and locals in Wilmington, the boy is a ladies man. I highly doubt Joy would be into that. If they both were interested in each other, it would’ve already happened in earlier seasons.

23. Comment by Nathanielle in March 21, 2012 @ 4:00 pm

Maybe James is the reason they splt up……

24. Comment by ed fury in March 22, 2012 @ 2:04 am

James is still dating Bono’s daughter isn’t he?

25. Comment by Nathanielle in March 22, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

that are the rumors… but everything can be broken….

maybe when they were still filming something could grow btween James and Joy, but now they don’t see each other anymore, has both different lives.

But i wonder how can you play for almost 10 years with somebody , so much love and intimit scenes with someone and not fall in love.

I’v seen a lot op on screen couples, but James and Joy have so much chemistry, i would faal in love in a second

26. Comment by Angela in October 23, 2012 @ 10:38 pm

i think you and james make a cute couple! yall should date in real life!