Best episode ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ok, not ever. But put the Pilot and that episode together and it might be the only One Tree Hill I’ll ever need.
Every single scene we (Heather and I) were freaking out or awwweing or almost crying or clapping or laughing or cheering. It was an amazing ride that quite honestly should be the series finale.
Every single person got what they wanted and honestly what else is there? What could they possibly come up with for Season 7 that could anywhere close to compare? I may officially start boycotting for the show to end which honestly? Never thought I could get to that point.
So many good things in this episode. I really don’t think I’ll get them all down.
Sawyer Brooke Scott? Perfection.
Lucas saying Daddy’s got you? Perfection.
Lucas and Karen on the front porch? Oh my goodness. How handsome Lucas has become. He literally has turned into a man. How scared and unsure of himself he was back then. Worried about his mother. And he still was a little unsure of being a father but not in a weak sort of way. Just that omg, I have a child now what that all parents feel. And Karen was there to back him up. It was so beautiful to see them together. That scene for sure was my favorite out of the whole episode. Perfection.
Victoria coming WAY out of character to tell Brooke what she needed? Perfection. Although I do have to say it was kind of weird for her to talk about being in love with someone other than Brooke’s father. Hmm. Anyway. We’ll call it Perfection.
Mouth announcing Nathan going to the NBA to Jamie? Perfection.
Brooke finally letting Julian in? Perfection.
Whitey coming back? Perfection.
Lucas and Peyton driving off in the Comet? Perfection. And let me say…Heather and I were freaking out because that scene where they drive off at the end…that’s the scene that Mark was scouting out when we met him at the RC. Ahhhh!
Man, someone stop me!! I don’t mean to belabor the point but WOW, that was an amazing episode!
Is it just me or should that be series finale? Was it as good as Heather and I think? What were your favorite parts?
Finally, finally, finally. Peyton Sawyer is Peyton Scott. I LOVE that it’s official. But as a die hard fan I’m going to have to break it down.
What I really loved:
- They both looked gorgeous. No bad Lucas hair. LOL
- Haley officiating
- The location. Pretty sure I’ve told Podcaster Denise on several occasions I would love for it to be at that lake. Loved how they had it decorated.
- Haley talking about the lake and how Lucas had loved her all that time. Loved. that.
- Loved Lucas’ vows. Especially that he had loved her from the moment he saw her and how he always would.
- Loved Peyton saying she her and their baby would adore him.
Going to be honest here and say what I didn’t love:
- OK, it’s finally time for me to rant a bit on this subject. It irks me to no end that Peyton is pregnant at the wedding. It feels like a shotgun wedding and in no way does that feel fairy tale to me. It’s supposed to be a fairy tale, Mark!
- I didn’t like her dress. It was ok from waist up (all 3 inches of it). But I didn’t like how it was short. I wanted it to be long. Her chickety legs were sticking out from her big belly covered by a short wedding dress. LOL Sorry, I know that’s harsh but I just didn’t like it.
- All the interruptions…Brooke, Skills, Haley using Every Rose Has Its Thorn. I don’t know, it was cute and funny and I laughed and I get that it was One Tree Hill-ish I guess but I don’t know, I wanted to cry and I was too busy with the distractions to cry!
- I wanted Karen there!
OK, whew, got that off my chest. As for the rest of the stuff going on:
- Jamie’s scenes actually seemed a little forced tonight. I’m usually a big fan but I think I could have done without them. The leash thing was funny though.
- Nathan’s line to Lucas about listening to whatever he said at Lindsey’s wedding was hilarious.
- Nathan and Haley! OMG! Slutty wedding sex! Rock on, Naley! The bad part though is my station cut in with an amber alert so I could see what was going on but couldn’t hear! Darnit! Thank goodness for YouTube. Someone have the link for that yet??
- I know I’ve said it like a bazillion times. but I LOVE JULIAN! Brooke and him were so funny tonight. It was nice to see a feisty Brooke back. And Julian was so sweet telling Peyton he missed her. And Julian and Nick were hilarious. Loved the boy band and 98 degrees lines. Classic! I just hate we didn’t get to see Nick punching Julian. I love that Julian stood up for Brooke in front of Victoria. I so wanted Brooke to walk around the wall and hear what he had said. But Victoria definitely heard it and I think she actually was impressed! Yes! I can’t wait to see more of Julian and Brooke. Did I mention I love Julian?
And in a random note, the music was awesome.
What’d you guys think?
So glad I got to see this episode. What a great one. I know they are really milking all they can out of this Peyton dying thing but if you give into it, wow, some great moments tonight. It’s just heartbreaking to see Peyton film a time capsule, something I know that every mother including myself has thought of doing if in her shoes. I loved how Lucas was reminded of his love for her. I always love seeing glimpses of their high school days.
Unfortunately I think Naley was put on the backburner again. We really didn’t even get to see Nathan’s career move forward. Just more hoping.
I think one of the most touching scenes though was Brooke and Sam. When she said she would always be her first mother, well, I just about lost it.
For some reason, I don’t feel like commenting too much about tonight’s episode. I think it was just absolutely beautiful. No it wasn’t perfect but there were a lot of perfect moments. Well done, my OTH friends.
What’d you guys think?
I really liked tonight’s episode. There was no OMG moments. But it was a nice, smooth ride. Here are a few thoughts.
- Skills and Jamie were cute. Skills and Jamie’s teacher were cuter. Her s.e.x. line was hilarious.
- I really am liking the Nathan and Coach relationship. I think it reminds me of Whitey. No, he isn’t as funny as Whitey but there’s a warmth between him and Nathan that I really like. Really hope Haley is right that Nathan will get a call from the NBA. I’m ready already! Two seasons of Nathan coming back from the bottom.
- I really liked Nick Lachey on the show tonight. His lines were a lot funnier than I thought they’d be and I loved Haley’s song he sang.
- Victoria and Sam are great together. I felt bad for Brooke that it did seem Victoria was trying a do-over with Sam. But Victoria and Sam are funny together.
- I loved the flashbacks with Lucas and Peyton. It’s sort of like seeing Season 4.5. The Comet has always meant a lot to Peyton but I can see even more now why it means so much to them…they have to make all their babies in the back seat! LOL The title of the ep is a nice reference to all the kissing they did back then and all that came after it. I also liked Peyton’s statement that she had a lot of dreams wrapped up in him.
- Mia and Chase are cute together but something made me cringe when Chase said he just thought he was in love with Brooke. I wanted to defend Brooke even though they hadn’t been together in a long time.
What’d you think?
Just a few thoughts for tonight.
- Overall I felt like Mouth and Millie’s scenes were unnecessary. BUT she was definitely cute in his shirt and the last scene with them on the video was LOVE. aww.
- Sam and Jack were super duper cute together listening to the music together. And the line in the coffee shop “i don’t like finals anyway” had Heather and I LOL.
- Speaking of Sam…what was with Victoria at the end? Is she going to be everything to Sam that she wasn’t to Brooke? Will she make a 180 and take Sam in, freeing Brooke up to be with Julian?
- I just love the older Nathan. I love that he won’t take smack from anyone but he’s not outright mean either.
- Haley was gorgeous this ep.
- Brooke looked pretty with her hair up for the record too. Looks like she’s regretting turning Julian down a bit. But I liked how she put his jacket in the cabinet and it said Clothes over Bros. So I guess she thinks she’s sacrificing her love for Julian for the rest of the COB employees. Boo. I want Brulian.
- Skills and Lauren FTW. I think they’d be cute together.
- Jamie was so cute telling jokes to his class. He was super cute at the end telling his friends he was staying.
- As for Lucas and Peyton, we didn’t get too much except for Luke trying to take care of Peyton and fixing the Comet. One off-topic thing I did notice is that Chad has new tattoo on his wrist! Looked like some sort of cross.
Honestly, not the best ep ever but it had a few good moments.